Chapter 2

Real and not Pretend : Book 3 — New Beginnings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyoung's with Lisa in their shared house the following day when Lisa's manager called to relay the information regarding the scheduled first day of the script reading. Basing on the way Lisa released a long airy sigh, Chaeyoung probably got the right assumptions yesterday.

Lisa then threw her phone on the bean bag across her and slumps right back on the couch.

 

"I take it as I was right?"

"Yup. It's going to be in a month from now. Apparently, they're still doing auditions for the other roles."

"I see." Chaeyoung carefully says. "Don't be so dejected about it. We still have time for you to decide whether you want to go or not."

Lisa remains quiet so Chaeyoung continues. "I'm sure Jisoo unnie will understand why you can't come. We need to line up our alibi in that matter though."

This time, Lisa finally stares at her with a frown on her face. "What?" Chaeyoung asks.

"You'd do that?" The youngest of the duo inquires.

She shrugs. "I mean, if you're not comfortable then why should you push yourself? We could just tell unnie that you have other plans that are already scheduled before she invited us. I could go there alone, you know."

Lisa remains quiet and continues to stare at Chaeyoung who later decided to push her face away because the stare is slowly making her uncomfortable — she is not really fond of people staring at her that long.

Lisa chuckles and holds the hand. "I'll think about it. Thank you, Chaeng."

Chaeyoung couldn't help but smile when Lisa starts fiddling her (Chaeng's) fingers. Lisa rarely — more like never if we're being honest here — shows this side of her since the break up and for Chaeyoung to witness this after a very long time makes her heart swell in happiness. "No biggie. The last thing I would want you to feel is being uncomfortable so if you still don't have the guts to show up there then just buy unnie a gift, that'll do."

 

Not knowing what her bestfriend actually feels, she's not sure what will Lisa do or say when she finds out that Jennie had started going out on dates with a colleague back in Melbourne. So maybe, if Lisa will decline the offer, it's going to be a lowkey blessing in disguise.

 

"Speaking of gifts, we should look around tomorrow or maybe later. Let's hunt a gift for her."

"I plan to do just that."

 

And their day proceeded on just binge watching Netflix series until both of them got bored and decided to head out to grab a dinner outside. 

 

A lot of things had happened for the past almost two years. Other than Lisa moving out of Australia, she had also stopped updating her social media accounts. Her recent tweets and Instagram posts were posted about two years ago. Lisa said she had enough of social media toxicity especially when the news of their break up made headlines.

It was one of catalysts of her depression. Lisa and her company staffs had no idea who tipped the media about it and Lisa was damn tired of even trying to find out who was the culprit. 

The ruckus died down after about a month though, which their families were thankful for because Lisa and Jennie were both not in the right state of mind and emotional stability to deal with rampant  questions from media whenever they were individually spotted out in the public. 

How did it stop, you wonder? Jisoo's lawyer family clan and Chaeyoung's company connection made all that happened, let's just say that, with those two joining forces could only mean a downfall to any media outlet if they ever persisted.

 

The following days proceeded as normal, Lisa's usual routine whenever she doesn't have any project or any schedules is gym, dance studio and just camps in Chaeyoung's office until it's about time for the latter to go home — for them to go home.

 

"Ready?" Lisa asks.

"Yup." Chaeyoung replies while she scans her table one last time to make sure she's not forgetting anything. She then grabs her car keys and throws it straight to the other tower standing near her office couch. "You drive."

Catching the jingling keys on the air, Lisa grins. "Sure thing, where to?"

"I'm craving Korean." Chaeyoung then snakes her arm around the latter's own limb as they walk out of her office, heading straight to the parking lot.

 

 

 

"I'm going." Lisa blurted out of nowhere while Chaeyoung's flipping a beef strip from the grill pan.

"Wait what? Sorry." Unable to clearly hear what Lisa had said because of the noise coming from the cooking meat.

Lisa did not answer her right immediately though, the moment Chaeyoung had removed all the meat from the pan, she continues. "I said, I'm going."

"Going where?"

"Melbourne."

Chaeyoung's meat-filled chopsticks stop midway, eyes staring at the woman across her as if she had grown another head of some sort. "Wait, hold on." Afraid that she might drop her food, she carefully sets her chopsticks down. "You're going home?!"

 

Lisa casually nods while munching her food, her unreadable eyes staring back at Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung wished she could read those eyes once again just so she could see if Lisa really meant it but her bestfriend is no longer allowing anyone to do so.

Chaeyoung remembered going home after a fruitful day at the office because they were able to sign one of the most anticipated rising superstar in Barcelona but the house welcomed her with a quiet Lisa, who was staring at the dark and empty sky that night. Fear then slowly creeped out of her chest as soon as Lisa stared back at her. The eyes that used to be so expressive were now empty, dark and emotionless. Since then, Chaeyoung had never seen those eyes sparked. Lisa still smiles, laughs and all but none of it reached her eyes. 

Her walls are up and she's not allowing anyone to climb that, not even her bestfriend.

 

"Are you sure?" Is all Chaeyoung could say. What else could she really say anyway?

Lisa shrugs. "Would be boring and lonely if I stay here and you're there. I already asked permission from my manager and he's okay with it. I have to report to the company in Australia as soon as we landed though."

Chaeyoung grins, trying her best not to squeal. "I'll even tag along if you want."

Lisa chuckles. "No need and you'll be driving alone though, someone

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter