Spare Key

Missing You

Luhan was worried, it has been a long time since he last saw Sehun in distraught, and it was the time where they were keeping their relationship in secret and they were caught by Sehun’s father, knowing that both of them are from different worlds back then; being an heir of their company, Sehun must marry a woman that can be accepted by society, one that has status and capability to stand by his side, and not even a carrier like Luhan can’t compare to the destined woman for Sehun.

 

That's why.. That is the reason why he..

 

Suddenly, his mood turned worse as he recalled those unpleasant memories, Minseok pulled him away from those thoughts as he could feel a tap on his shoulder, and pointed at Shaoting who was clearly asking to be held, which he instantly complied.

 

“Papa? Will uncle Sehun be alright?” Luhan forced a smile, “Yes, and he will come back, don't worry.” He knew that these words were spoken not just for his son but for himself as well.. He then emits a long, deep, audible breath. He will definitely come back, he wouldn't dare to leave the second time around or else he would really flung him out of the window.

 

The day passed in a blink of an eye, but his head was wrapped around Sehun’s sullen look the entire day, being distracted in his work, he chose to leave early with permission of Minseok. Their silent night was filled with Shaoting and Minseoks giggles as they play a soccer game on his console, both of them were splayed on the floor, bursting with energy as they playfully bump each other, while Luhan was sitting behind them on his couch.

 

A little later, Shaoting fell asleep on Minseok’s lap, covered in a blanket inside his arms. 

 

“Oh, he fell asleep?” Luhan came out of the kitchen, mugs on both of his hands, Minseok looked up to meet his eyes, “I will tuck him to bed.” Luhan nodded at him, carefully lifting him like a little sack of rice.

 

He came back to sit back with Luhan on his couch, the two of them silently sipping their warm beverage, no one is trying to fill the silence between them. Minseok knew that this was the right time to say it. No, this must be it or else he wouldn’t really say it, his hands were sweating, and he felt like he was gonna drop the mug at any moment.
 

“Lu?” he started, his voice was trembling a little, he cannot back down right now or else he might regret it again for being a coward. He silently pinched himself when Luhan looked at him with those beautiful eyes of his. He gulped his heart back on his chest in an attempt to calm it back down. You can do this Minseok! You've wasted many years already! His lips formed into a sentence, when Luhan placed his head on his shoulder, silently burying his head on Minseok's neck, surprising him. 

 

“Min, I'm scared.” Luhan choked a sob, droplets of tears fell on his shoulder, “What if he leaves me? What if his father gets in the way again? What if he tries to take him back? I can't deal with another heartbreak again.”  

 

Minseok swallowed his words back on his throat. Silently wrapping his arms around him like he did before when he came back years ago with a broken heart and a child in his belly. He carefully rubbed circles on Luhan's back, and his sobs became a little loud. Minseok can feel the sting in his eyes, holding back the tears that were trying to come out. 

 

“He wouldn’t," he forced himself to say. What else is he supposed to do when things are already clear for him and Luhan. 

 

“Look, he might be an but he will come back. I know how much he loves the both of you.” Minseok’s heart was breaking in tiny pieces that he couldn't even put back on to what it used to be. He wiped Luhan’s tears away with his thumb and hugged him tightly, as it was the last time he would hold him with these damn feelings.

 

Luhan slept after being tired of crying for hours, he was tucked to bed and Minseok gathered his last ounce of love to be poured into a one secret kiss on his forehead before taking his leave. At the front door, he met Sehun, who haggardly rushed back to china.

 

“Hyung?” Sehun used to call him this when they were alone, taking him by surprise. 

 

“They are inside, take this.” Minseok gave the spare key and walked past him. Sehun could only look at the disappearing figure of the man who gave up. 

 

Once he was inside, Sehun received a text from Minseok.

 

Take care of them or I will take them back.

 

He smiled and responded.

 

Don’t worry, I will. Thank you Hyung.