Fear

Missing You

 

“When will you come home, Sese?” Sehun almost chortled at the sound of Junmyeon's worried voice.

 

“I'm still finishing business here, mom. It's not like I'm not coming home,” he stepped outside his vehicle, and leaned back. Eyes fixated on someone's door, “and to be honest, I'll be taking care of something more important than business.” 

 

“So I've heard,” He can hear him sigh on the other line before continuing, "But you know that it's dangerous staying there."

 

"Doesn't matter, as long as I can take him home with me." he ended the call and walked towards the door, ringing its door bell and was greeted by the pink haired man that was messing his head all night long, that he can't even properly sleep. 

 

"S-sehun? What-" a little head popped out behind him, his hair was a little messy and eyes were just like his when he woke up, gripping Luhans pink apron, "Darling! Good morning." Luhan softened, taking Shaoting in his arms and kissing him, except that the kid wasn't paying attention to him, but was staring at Sehun who just smiled and stepped a little closer to them, making Luhan a tad bit nervous since he could smell his scent, a blush crept on his face and his heart was hammering on his chest that Sehun might hear it, he took a step back, but Sehun was more fast than him, holding his waist, sending pleasant shivers in his spine and dipped down to kiss Shaoting in his arms.

 

Luhan can feel his heart skip a beat, seeing Shaoting giggled and extending his little arms to Sehun willingly, while the other scooped him from his arms.

 

"Did you already eat breakfast?" His eyes crinkled as he smiled at Shaoting. Luhan immediately denied it, "No, I'm still coo-" A soft voice pierced Sehun's ears- "Luhan," he looked behind Luhans shoulders, seeing the owner of the voice, who was standing without a top on and only a towel was draped on his waist, made Sehun's blood boil.

 

"Uncle Minseok?" Shaoting titled his head, thinking how he was inside their home. 

 

"Min, you are awake!" Luhan walked up to Minseok, eyes practically scanning him as he pat his cheek, making Sehun even more furious, "Your clothes are on the bedside table, didn't you see it?" He was pretty oblivious of the two that were staring intently at one another, both brows furrowed, as if wanting to punch each other right then and there.

 

Trying his best to calm down, Sehun declared almost immediately, "I'm eating breakfast here." excusing himself as he walked inside Luhan's apartment. 

 

Minseok scoffed, "Are you even welcome here?" slightly smirking, glancing at Luhan who just shrugged his shoulder. "Let him be, he wanted to see Shaoting." 

 

Minseok didn't say anything and walked back to the room, while Sehun smiled brightly, nuzzling on Shaotings neck. 

 

Oh, my son, my Luhan 2.0. You are so cute, I wanted to hug you forever!

 

Sehun would be lying to himself if he didnt feel anything when he saw the two of them interact, just what is this old man doing here and ? He doesn't know what their relationship is, and he would be crossing the line if he asked, but that does mean he wouldn’t investigate further. Sehun wasn't the type who would jump into any conclusion, he'll never assume unless it was stated directly to him. 

 

"Uncle, let me down." Little fawn giggled, feeling ticklish on Sehun's touch, as he struggled to get down on his two feet, running at the kitchen where Luhan goes, leaving Sehun at the living room.

 

Minseok knows that this is the day he should tell Luhan what he means to him, what he really feels towards him, he regretted not doing it earlier and waited for so long, only to be ruined by Sehun who came unexpectedly in Luhan's life again. Even if the chance is bleak, he was still willing to try.

 

Seeing the table is for four people, the two immediately hurried to take the seat beside Luhan, pushing each other while grabbing the chair like it was a limited edition of their favorite Gundam figurine. 

 

“Aren't you too childish to actually fight for MY seat?” Sehun remarked with a grin of annoyance, pulling the chair to him, only to be pulled back.

 

“The chair has your name on it? Sorry I don't see anything except the fact that anyone can sit here.” Minseok replied with a smirk. 

 

“Oh so that's it? Was it because you are old? Is it only reserved for senior citizens?” Sehun faked a shocked expression, placing a hand over his mouth, irritating Minseok, “I'm sorry, Senior.” even bowing a little to him. If only Minseok can smack this kid, he really would happily do so even if it's a million times. 

 

Shaoting and Luhan silently occupy the two empty seats while the two continue to annoy each other. Pulling the chair back and forth, making an infuriating sound.

 

“Are you two gonna continue your childish bickering or you two are going to eat? If not please can you let me and my Darling eat in peace?” Luhan picked up his chopsticks and proceeded on placing more food in front of Shaoting, who happily ate his food, stuffing his little mouth with food, looking like a chipmunk.

 

The two looked at each other with annoyance, thinking it was the other one's fault that they missed the chance of seating beside Luhan. Both letting go of the chair that they were fighting over earlier and started to sit down and eat.

 

Sehun saw Shaoting eat slowly with an adorable expression across him, his lips curled for a smile, “Shaoting, you look cute when you eat like that, here,” and put food on his childs plate, “Eat some more, so you could grow up faster.” Sehun can't wait to see Shaoting  grow up, since Sehun’s parents didn't watch over him when he was young, resulting to being the materialistic person that he is now. He wanted to watch over his son, wanting to see how he would turn out, completely forgetting about currying favor on Luhan. He has been gone for too long, and all he could do was cherish and savor his moments with his kid, enjoying every second of it.

 

Observing the father and son, eating happily, Luhan was content with the way things are going right now. Although he wasn't ready to introduce Sehun to shaoting as his father, he can at least let the two of them spend time with each other. Sehun did leave him before, but that doesn't mean he would hate him forever, not everyone deserves a second chance, but maybe.. just maybe he deserves one.

 

A sigh escaped on Minseok's lips, seeing Luhans tender eyes as he looked at his son and Sehun, it made him feel sad, sure he was close to him and Shaoting, but did Luhan even consider him in a romantic light? Did he see him as someone's special besides being a good friend? He shook his head, it was not the time for this.

 

“Luhan, can I stay here?” Sehuns ear perked up, glancing at Minseok with disbelief. He really dares to take a step forward! 

 

Luhan tilted his head, “Huh? Why Min? Is there a problem at your place?” casually putting down his chopsticks with a serious look on his face. 

 

Minseok smiled coyly, side-eyeing Sehun, “Yeah, my house is under renovation, so I don’t know where to sleep for the next 2 weeks.” 

 

“Then why don’t you stay with Jongdae hyung? I bet he is more than happy to have you there.” Sehun butted in, faking a smile.

 

Minseok's lips twitched, “He wouldn’t let me stay with him.” Luhan contemplated, “Uncle Minmin will stay here? Can we play games again before dinner tonight?” Shaoting’s eyes twinkled with anticipation, it has been so long since the two of them played together. 

 

Sehun pursed his lips, how can he accept this? Clearly, Minseok planned this and he didn’t want to lose just like that. “T-then, I wanted to stay the night too.” he declared, balling his fist.

 

“Uncle Sehun, can you play games?” Sehun chuckled, “Of course! I like playing games too.” 

 

“Then we could play together, right Papa? It was like a sleep over!” Shaoting laughed and glanced at Luhan with expectant eyes, Luhan just laughed, he really can't turn down his darling, usually he wouldn't ask for something, but if he likes something he would say it. Minseok frowned in his heart.

 

“Of course Darling.” he rubbed his head as he continued giving him food. The two glared at each other.

 

Sehun’s phone rang, looking at the screen, he picked it up immediately, his voice was gloomy as he answered and listened to the other line, he became paler every passing second, making Luhan and Minseok stop eating, looking at him with curious eyes.

 

Sehun’s hand trembled as the phone fell from his hand, Minseok instinctively catched it as Sehun absentmindedly stood up, looking tranced.

 

“Are you okay?” Luhan stood up from his seat, and walked closer to Sehun, “What is it?” holding him in the arm. He opened his mouth to speak but closed it again, he then shook his head. Shaoting got down from his seat, tilting his head, staring at Sehun.

 

“I need to go.” he answered and looked at Luhan, “I’m going to leave first, thank you for the food.” He smiled half-heartedly, ruffling Shaoting’s hair. Minseok handed him his phone and Sehun took a long stride on the front door. Minseok sat down on Shaoting’s level and whispered something to him.

 

“Uncle Sehun!” A small sound of the little fawn’s feet made Sehun look back, only to see his son running at him with open arms, he crouched and received him in his arms, kissing him on the top of his head, whispering promises. He looked back at Minseok who smiled and Luhan who looked worried, both standing in the front door, staring at him.

 

“Daddy will be back.” Sehun whispered under his breath, looking at his rare view mirror as he drove away, that one single embrace from his son made his fear disappear little by little.

 

Dialing on his phone, he called Chanyeol. “I’m on my way.”