THREE

Enemies from the past
Please log in to read the full chapter

LOW LIFE.

 

Jihae felt like floating when she came to work the next day - from not getting any sleep and not eaten anything for the morning.

Thus, making her feeling slightly lightheaded and was praying that the day would be gone soon. 

And maybe she can stopped by and take some prescription pills from the doctor to help with her sleeps.

There was a knock on her door and she glanced up from staring at her desk. Her fingers that were massaging on her head were stopped for a moment to give full attention to her brother that was standing at the door frame. 

“Couldn’t sleep last night?” Junmyeon went smiling gently, letting his feet trudged into her own office and she just watched the male as she leaned against her seat. 

“I’m gonna get myself a sleeping pills.” Jihae said, eyes dropping tiredly to raise sympathy from her own brother and he sighed at that. 

Before taking a seat in front of her and she just watched as the male fixed on his expensive dress shirt before crossing on his lean legs, staring at her along the way. 

“You shouldn’t be relying on those pills forever, Jihae.” Junmyeon went saying, eyes full of worrisome to the girl and she went sighing. 

“Well, I have tried everything and nothing works except for the pills. So...” Jihae went shrugging, showing how she had no other choice but to use the pills for the future. 

“Maybe you should tried meditation. Or maybe...working out? I heard working out is an effective ways to beat insomnia.”

She just scowled at that. “And what? You gonna ask me to be like Chanyeol? Working out nonstop?”

Junmyeon laughed lightly at that, remembering how Chanyeol had a habit on working out and somehow ended up being obsessed with it. 

And somehow - speaking of the devil, Jihae had her phone vibrated and she couldn’t help the smile on her face.

“Speaking of the devil.” 

Junmyeon raised a brow. “Is it Chanyeol?” 

“Yeah.” Jihae went checking on the new text that she had received. 

“He’s going to pick me up for lunch.”

He just nodded at that. 

“You’re joining?” 

Junmyeon could only shake his head in return, declining the offer. “I have a meeting with our China group, I’m having lunch with them.”

Jihae went frowning at that. “You should have said something about that. I want to come along.”

“Forget it, you need to rest. You just got back from London, and next Monday you gonna go to Jeju...”

He scrunched his nose at her. “You need to rest a bit.”

She chuckled. “Alright.”

“Anyway, speaking of Jeju...” Junmyeon suddenly have the changed of tone in his voice.

“I have spoken with CEO Junjin, and he promised that he will be the only one coming with you to see the resort.”

“Sehun wouldn’t be handling the project.”

Jihae was a bit relief at hearing that, having her chuckled in amusement at her own brother. 

“You really didn’t want him to be with me.”

The brother went sighing. “I just don’t want you to get hurt with him or anyone else anymore.”

“It might be purely business for us, but it wasn’t for that bastard. So, I don’t want him near you.”

Jihae went smiling at the thoughts, before she nodded at him in the end. 

“Alright.”

And Junmyeon softened at seeing her smile. 

How he wished that she would be smiling like that forever and be happy for the rest of her life without worrying about her guilt and past. 

When he got up and was ready to leave for his own meeting, he still couldn’t help but to feel worry.

He couldn’t pinpointed on what it is and have him frowning in his own thoughts in the car. 

“CEO...” 

There was a small voice calling for him, and Junmyeon went looking to his side, staring at his secretary. 

“I have finished searching about Oh Sehun like you asked me to.”

He went smiling at that. “You done your job quick, Miss Jisoo...”

The girl nodded at it, thanking him in a way and face looking in anticipation when the young founder and CEO of the famous hotels went opening on the files that she had prepared.

The driver was smooth on driving the car - letting Junmyeon and Jisoo sat comfortably at the back while waiting to arrive at the meeting place. 

Junmyeon had his brows furrowed and Jisoo went still beside him, blinking calmly. 

“Wait...” he said.

His voice went low for a second as he kept reading what Jisoo had gave him. 

He took a note at how Sehun had went to the States to continue his studies - on the past eight years. 

Before his eyes sauntered to something on another page. 

“He...” he blinked again. 

“Wait...”

 

 

 

 

There’s something that Sehun always hold onto his life after the last eight years, and that was - you should just go with what’s in your mind. 

Don’t listen to your heart. 

Because if he did - listen to his heart, he wouldn’t be right where he was and probably still be weeping in his own room.

But, 

Oh - but right at that moment - his mind and heart was so messed up, and all he could think of was her - all of her. 

He wanted her so much to be by his side. 

Maybe he did went crazy after all. 

There was a small huff of smoke came out between his lips and had his tongue poked his inner cheek annoyingly at the sight of Jihae. 

Happily smiling with someone by her side. 

His heart went aching so much that he took another from the cigarette that was between his lips. 

Park Chanyeol. 

That damn bastard. 

Sehun had his eyes went glaring from the inside of his car - only letting his arm being let out so the ashes of his cigarette wouldn’t be messing up with his car. 

Chanyeol was busy making Jihae laughing, making the woman smiled ever so beautifully with her infamous eye smiles that Sehun knew - were enough to make his heart flutter. 

“That er.” his jaw clenched, watching Chanyeol finally drove away with Jihae in his car. 

Just when he thought on meeting her again. 

He took another dose of the addicting roll and huffed a puff of smoke, resting his head against the headrest and snorted at pitifully at himself. 

“Look at me, ing pathetic.” 

There was a groan at it, before he stopped and frowned, feeling a vibration in his pocket and frowned more when he saw who was calling. 

“Hmm?” he put the phone on his ear, not bothering much to say any greeting. 

And there was a scoff at the end of the line. 

“Sehun, you brat. Where are you now?”

His mother’s voice somehow sounded annoying to him and he just bit a groan at it, flicking the cigarette away and closed the window. 

“Why?” 

“Why? You’re asking me why?” his mother went mocking.

“I’m worried.” she said. 

“And also, your father told me about the resort that you wanted to invest so much - it’s that ’s, isn’t it?”

“That wench, Kim Jihae - ”

“Mom, you talk too much.” Sehun then swiftly cut off the call, throwing the phone to the passenger’s seat and finally drove away.

While thinking on how he’s going to get Jihae by his side. 

 

 

 

 

“Jeju?” Chanyeol blinked, stopping to munch on his food and Jihae grimaced at the rice that went sticking on the corner of his lips. 

That she just picked it up with her fingers and brought it to her own lips, eating it away and was frowning in displeased - like a mother that was dissapointed at her son being so messy. 

“What are you? A kid?” she nagged. 

“Eat properly.”

Chanyeol went scrunching his nose at that, a bit annoyed that he got nagged - but never said anything to it. 

“When are you going?” he asked and Jihae focused back on her food. 

Only poking with her chopsticks and grimaced at it - not because she was disgus

Please log in to read the full chapter