ONE

Enemies from the past
Please log in to read the full chapter

WORLD CORP.

 

If there's something that Jihae had learned - when life gives you lemons, you don't throw those lemons back at it, but instead - you make a company out of it and enjoyed your life being a ing wealthy businesswoman.

Because nobody gonna noticed if you throw the lemon back, but everybody gonna noticed, if you walked in with a brand new Porsche for the month. 

That's life. 

And that's how Kim Jihae was - someone who was enjoying her life because someone gives her a lemon. 

She was a successful businesswoman - having few hotels and resorts on the back of her palm and ended up being wealthy enough compared to her lowly self for the past eight years. 

She was a grown up. 

Much more mature and had grown up from her own past. 

“What?” she went frowning, legs strutting outside from the hotel before she stopped and waited - letting her nicely trimmed pants slacked neat as she waited. 

Her red lips huffed a cold breath and she loved that - she always enjoyed the cold weather of London. 

“The World Corp?” her voice went raising in suspicion, somehow getting questions on how the World Corp wanted to work with them. 

The phone in her hand went vibrating with the voice of the person on the other line. 

“Yeah. You know them?” Junmyeon went asking, probably still having his usual tired face at the moment. 

Jihae knew her brother would be tiring himself once again and she wasn't there to nag him about it. 

“World Corp? Or the people behind it?” Jihae went asking, already went inside the car when her driver had opened the door. 

“The people behind it.” Junmyeon said again and she could hear the shuffling on the other line - the guy probably finishing up to go home.

It's already noon in London, so Korea must be night - and Junmyeon probably stayed late again for work - like he usually do.

Nothing new there. 

“The chairman said that his son knew you. You were close.”

She frowned at that, combing through her silky hair that managed to reach down to her neck, doing such a delicate compliment for her beautiful face. 

“So, they want to invest in our new resort in Jeju, the one that you’re handling...”

Jihae went frowning even more. 

Suddenly remembered the resort that she was handling, alongside the London branch - the new resort that was still under discussions for its opening and construction project. 

It’s not like she hated the idea of some corporation wanted to invest in their own resort, but -

World Corp. 

Her heart didn’t like the anxious feeling that was starting to build up. 

What does that World corporation have against her?

Son? 

As far as she knew World Corp doesn’t have any heir - that’s what she had know. 

Her social interaction between other companies and other people in the business world was pretty wide, so she couldn’t be missing on something like that. 

“As far as I knew, CEO Lee Junjin doesn’t have a heir. He got remarried, but I never heard about a son.”

Junmyeon went humming at that. “Maybe he just said that to get close to you. You know...since you’re so popular after our London hotel.”

She rolled her eyes at that. 

They were just finishing up with opening a new branch in London, and for the first time - Jihae showed up her face. 

It’s usually Junmyeon who was behind the news, and she always stand in the shadow - disliking the sudden pressure of people knowing who you are. 

People knew her name in the business world, but never her face. 

And ever since she showed her face, the social medias was hot about it - complimenting her nonstop along with Junmyeon - saying how the two siblings were gifted with looks and ways of business.

“I swear, after I finished with this London hotel. I’m coming back to Seoul and I’m not showing my face anymore.”

Her brother went chuckling at that. 

“How’s London by the way?” 

“Same old, same old.” she answered, blowing a raspberry at the same road that she had taken for the past month. 

She couldn’t wait to get back home. 

Junmyeon went chuckling again. “I’ll make you a kimchi stew when you get home.”

At that, Jihae went pumping on her hand. “Oh, yeah.”

The male went snorting at his sister’s small cheer. “Anyway, about the World Corp?”

Jihae went silent at that. 

Truthfully, she doesn’t know. 

Junmyeon had always asked about her opinion for any company that was thinking on doing business with them, because they were in the business hotel together. 

And she always believed and trusted Junmyeon in whatever decision that he’s making. 

“Whatever you think is right.” she said. 

Despite the anxious feeling in her heart when she said it. 

 

 

 

 

Seoul was still the same. 

Probably full of air pollution with all the vehicles around, but still - Jihae was glad to be back. 

“You should bring more bag, shorty.” 

She looked up, staring at a tall guy who went beaming at her, and immediately - her expression that was annoyed earlier, turned into a bright one and she ended up skipping to the said guy - arms opening to hug him when he beckoned closer. 

“It’s supposed to be a business trip, not a holiday.” she retorted, and the said guy went laughing at that. 

“It’s never too wrong to add more spices to those business trips.” he winked. 

And have Jihae scowled at that. “I’m not like you, Park Chanyeol.”

He just laughed at it, taking the luggage from her hand and walked alongside her, making her smiled at the thoughtful acts. 

“Why are you even here? I thought Junmyeon is picking me up.”

Chanyeol went shrugging at that. His lean body and long legs trudged swiftly beside her in such a slow paced manner, trying to make sure that she can keep up with him.

“I thought so too. I came to pick him up, to go to the airport together, but apparently...your brother is busy.”

“He has meeting.”

“And since I happen to be such a sweetheart - ”

She rolled her eyes at that. 

“ - I came to pick you up willingly and alone.”

“You just came to pick me because you don't wanna work, right?” she accused. 

Chanyeol gasped at that - acting offended and she just scowled at it - not even amused. 

She was already used to the guy’s antics that she doesn’t even surprised anymore. 

Chanyeol had always been playing truant in his work, a habit of his to show how he actually despised working in the business world. 

But despite his stupid antics and all - he was still in the business world and couldn’t even walked out of it, because he was too polite to say no to his own father.

And ended up feeling down and useless as the old man of his, dragged him everywhere into the business world. 

So he took whatever small opportunities to skip his work and enjoyed his time alone.

It's mostly going to Jihae, since she was the only one who bothered to let him stay with her and because she kept going everywhere to check on her hotels and Chanyeol just loved to drive her around. 

And also, Jihae was the only person that he quoted - hot enough to be seen with him, while she just rolled her eyes when she heard it. 

She still didn’t believed that she befriended with the guy so easily after a business party four years ago - where she was still learning her way in the business world. 

It’s mostly Chanyeol who chatted up to her first, without knowing that she was one of the director of a growing company. 

“I took a day off, you .” he cupped on her cheeks, making her lips pouted at that. 

“I specifically took a day off to pick you up. Be grateful.” he moved her face playfully around and Jihae just grunted at it.

“Besides, if you wait for Junmyeon, it’s gonna be hell.”

“He looked stressed this morning and it's probably going to be a long ride in the meeting room...”

He squeezed on her cheek later on. “So be grateful that I help him to pick you up.” he said, confessing to her.

Jihae went frowning. “Stressing out? On what?”

“World Corp.” Chanyeol went opening the door of the car for her and she just entered it willingly, not bothering to say anything at how the guy had changed the car for the nth time already. 

Its just last month that he bought on a Porsche, and now - it’s a black dark jeep. 

She untied her hair and let it fall to her neck, massaging on the scalp and relived a sigh at that before tugging on the seatbelt. 

“Should I go to the company, then?”

Chanyeol waved his index finger at that - indicating a no. “You need to rest. You just got out from London.”

“Your brother will live.” he said. 

But still, her heart went jumping anxiously and she hated it - making her thinking about something bad was going to happen. 

She didn't know what, but she kept thinking about

Please log in to read the full chapter