TWO

Enemies from the past
Please log in to read the full chapter

SON OF A .

 

Oh Sehun was probably the last person that Jihae would want to see in her life - after what had happened between them.

She couldn’t imagined herself being faced to face with him again after all those years. 

But here they were - already faced to face and Jihae went forcing another smile on her lips. 

Sehun had changed greatly - his usually luscious hair that used to be parted in a bang, was now styled in a neat windswept look and have it bounced a bit to the side as he tilted his head more - to look at her. 

His eyes went darkening with something that Jihae couldn’t pinpointed what, but it’s something that she didn’t like seeing on him.

As if he has something up in his sleeves and Jihae didn’t want any random surprises from him. 

It’s enough with his sudden appearance in front of her that makes burning like she wanted to vomit and throw up her breakfast. 

“It’s better to talk inside.” Junmyeon went pulling Jihae’s hand away and she finally noticed how long Sehun has been holding her hand. 

Sehun chuckled, vibrating lowly in his throat and Jihae needed to look away, forcing another smile at the World Corp’s chairman. 

“If you excuse me, I need to get to my office.”

“You’re not coming to the meeting?”

Sehun’s voice went soothing her, calling her in a way and she hated how she had to force a smile at him, acting as if she was so pleased at having him in front of her. 

“Junmyeon will be, so I don’t need to.”

“Nonsense.” Sehun smiled, though his eyes weren’t exactly smiling as he stared at her. 

“World Corp is investing in the Jeju resort, the one you’re handling, it’s weird if you won’t be in for the meeting.”

Sehun went trudging closer and Jihae held her head high, not intimidated with his sudden dominating aura. 

“I mean, I choose to invest there for a reason, and that reason is you.”

He was straightforward.

Not beating around the bushes and Jihae didn't know if she liked the differences that he was showing. 

Like she had said, Sehun seemed different - something about him had changed, and she still figuring out whether it’s a good thing or not. 

Sehun went smirking - had his lips tugged lazily at her. 

“What? Did cat got your tongue?”

Jihae had to bite on her teeth at his words and she was being pulled away from Junmyeon quickly, who just smiled politely at the two men. 

“It would be great if there’s a line to your boundaries, Sehun.” Junmyeon said, voice dropping cold - despite his smile at him. 

Sehun just chuckled at it, still staring at Jihae.

“I’m sorry, I guess I got carried away after meeting her.”

“I mean it has been a long time. Such a long time.” 

Those words rolled out of his tongue easily and Jihae bit her own jaw harder at that, glaring daggers at the guy who just seemed nonchalant about it. 

“My secretary will entertain you in the meeting room. I have a few things to discuss with Jihae.” Junmyeon said, politely as possible.

Before he tugged Jihae away and have the girl followed him obediently and Sehun went smirking at it.

“You sure it’s just a friend, Sehun? It looks more than that.”

Sehun turned around bit, staring at the man beside him - who was watching the whole thing unfold earlier. 

“Of course. I just miss her. That's all.”

He then stared back at where Jihae had gone to. 

“Miss her so ing much.”

 

 

 

 

Jihae went slamming her bag on the desk, before whirling around to face Junmyeon who just looked done with everything. 

“Why didn’t you tell me that the World Corp was thatb - ” she hissed. 

“ - that guy?” she spat on the last word, as if it’s disgusting enough for her to say his name. 

Junmyeon sighed. “Look...”

“I didn’t know it at first. Sehun came right after everything is being done and after we signed the contract.”

“Right now, I’m trying to make them back out from the project as quietly as possible...despite they didn’t want to.”

“And I don’t want you to think about him at all, got it? Let me handle it.”

But despite what Junmyeon was saying, Jihae was frowning in confusion, because everything seemed so messed up in her mind. 

“How can he - that’s not his father - how - ”

Junmyeon sighed at that. “The chairman got remarried, he’s married to Sehun’s mother and Sehun is his stepson.”

Jihae felt her hold on the desk - to support herself from falling down, was loosened after hearing that. 

“Oh.” 

She could only say that.

Her eyes went fluttering rapidly after those words being heard and somehow - her mind remembered what kind of words that she had heard eight years ago. 

Huh. 

So, Sehun was a wealthy guy’s stepson now and finally decided to show up in her life again. 

“That son of a .” she spat. 

Junmyeon sighed, playing with the pens on her desk before staring at his sister, smiling upon seeing her soft features - reminding him on their late mother who had passed away. 

“He won’t be here for long. I’m gonna chase him away.” 

“He just wanna see you crumbling down. But you’re not like the past, you have moved on, right?”

Moved on? 

Then why she’s chasing him away then? 

If she really had moved on - from his shadow and thoughts, his appearance in front of her shouldn’t be affecting her anymore. 

She should be proudly handled him, like how she had handled him before.

The lump in being swallowed hard as she gave out a soft sigh, somehow wondering what she should do. 

She had once thought of meeting him again, and have numerous situation in her mind where she would be handling him. 

But, when that son of a was in front of her - she really couldn’t do anything about it. 

As if she was still stuck with her past and guilt. 

“You know what...” her nails tapped on her desk, creating a soft rhythm from it. 

Jihae went thinking, brows furrowing. 

Before she stared back at Junmyeon, who went frowning back at her - probably wondering what his sister was thinking. 

“What?”

“Just let them be.” Jihae said. 

And Junmyeon scowled at it. “No.”

“Look, do you really want him to think that I bother about him?”

“Let’s just show them that we’re professional.” she said, coaxing on her brother. 

“Let’s just show them who really win in the end.”

Junmyeon doesn’t bought that, but Jihae just grasped on her brother's hand and smiled assuringly. 

“I can handle him.”

 

 

 

 

Sehun was obviously amused at seeing Jihae walking back into the meeting room with Junmyeon by her side - holding the files in her hands as she gave out a smile on her face upon looking at him and the man beside him. 

That smile was fake - screaming professionalism and flattery that Sehun wanted to puke at seeing it. 

He was expecting someone who would glared at him, or perhaps throwing cusses and disgusting scowls when he met her. 

But, Jihae seemed like she had grown out of it. 

She was far superior than the usual her - that he had knew. 

Though, her cold demeanour seemed to be melted a bit after all those years. 

Along with her blank gaze and icy looks. 

“Glad you could join us.” his stepfather was saying, words caressed gently from his lips and Sehun could only smirk back in return. 

While watching Jihae taking a seat across him.

Oh? 

He liked that. 

Giving more chances for him to study her features that he had grown to miss over the past years. 

Please log in to read the full chapter