EIGHT

Enemies from the past
Please log in to read the full chapter

DESERVES NOBODY.

 

“I met with Sehun when he was crying inside the nurse’s office in our school.” Jihae said, eyes gleaming towards the calm beach as she sat on the sandy ground after Chanyeol find them a spot to sit together.

“I was having a fever that day, but push myself to console him - ” she then chuckled. “ - turns out he also have a fever, because he was too sad after his father passed away.”

Chanyeol listened silently, playing with the sand between his fingers and let his knee touched her own knee - creating those innocent touches that he didn’t mind at all, nor was she. 

“And somehow, we became friends. One year, then another...we were friends, close than ever. He’s always there for me.” she said.

“When my mom passed away, he was there for me...he console me.”

“I guess that’s when we both realized our feelings for each other...and then, he asked me out in high school, just a day after we became senior.”

She smiled, remembering Sehun’s innocent face and timid smile when he asked her out, while scratching the back of his nape and let out another nervous laughter when she continued staring at him in disbelief. 

The sound of the waves hitting its sandy ground makes Jihae went calm, and she pressed her lips into another thin layer of a smile. 

“He always came out to the motel to hang out. Never once wondering why I’m staying there, instead in a house like other people...”

She sighed, pushing her hair that was messed up because of the wind that went blowing it.

“Junmyeon told me to be careful with him...” she said.

“But I was already too deep...I love him so much.”

Her eyes went stinging at saying the last words. 

“But...we live in a place where society wants the perfect family background, that have the cleanest roots that we came from...”

“And I’m not that.” her eyes went burning badly - that she pressed her fingers on it - hoping it will stopped aching from the tears that she didn’t want to let out. 

“I’m not close to that.” her lips trembled. 

“When he introduced me to his mother, I knew she wanted the best for Sehun.” 

Chanyeol looked at Jihae, noticing her lashes fluttered slowly as she kept talking. 

“I tried so hard to hide the truth, and when she knew it in the end...it somehow makes me angry at myself for not hiding it well enough.”

“And when...” she took a deep breath. “...when she told me to stay away from Sehun, I’m more angry at myself for being born not enough for him.”

She gave out a breathless smile at that. “I will never be enough for him.”

“You’re enough.” Chanyeol said - voice went deep that it touched her heart at the moment. 

“You’re more than enough, Jihae.”

She smiled sadly at that. 

 

 

 

 

There was a soft breathing on her hair, inhaling her scent as he gave out a steady breathing in return and Jihae found her eyes fluttering open at that. 

Her back feel warm, and Jihae bit down a smile when she remembered Chanyeol was with her - noticing his muscular arm was draped on her waist, having his hand innocently touched her bare stomach that was visible because her shirt was lifted a bit. 

Their legs tangled under the comforter and Jihae sighed at that, trying to untangle them, but as usual - Chanyeol was more muscular and she ended up getting more tired. 

So, she laid back on his biceps that she had used as a pillow, loving the way it weirdly comfortable for her and she scowled when Chanyeol just pulled her closer, snuggled his nose in her hair and tightened his hold on her waist. 

“Chanyeol.” she elbowed him and he just let out a gruff in return, making her elbowing him again until he lazily murmured -

“Five more minutes...” he lowered himself a bit and Jihae felt the hair on her body stood up when he kissed on her nape lazily. 

“Hey!” she flustered, and quickly squirmed under his hold and elbowed his stomach harder, finally making him groaned sleepily and loosened his hold on her. 

Jihae quickly rolled back to her own safety and glared at Chanyeol, still feeling his hot lips on her nape and she went red at that.

Chanyeol was still sleeping, arms opened wide as he rolled to sleep on his back and Jihae sighed at that, fixing her messy hair and wiped her sleep away. 

She wasn’t as tired as before - thanks to Chanyeol who accompanied to her sleep, but her mind was heavy with the thoughts of Sehun. 

That she stood up and quickly freshen up - trying to focus on something else other than her aching feeling on him.

It’s over. 

It’s in the past. 

When she finished freshen up, Chanyeol was still sleeping soundlessly and she sighed at that. The guy probably tired after hearing her stories last night. 

And weirdly, Jihae felt a tad thankful that she have a nice friend like Chanyeol - who wanted to hear her story and didn’t see her in a way that she didn’t want to be seen. 

He just treated her the same way he had always treated her, despite he knew her status in life were. 

She went sitting on the floor, never minding Chanyeol who was still sleeping behind her.

She took her makeup table and scooted it closer to her, and she patted her eyebags out of habits when she saw her reflection in the mirror. 

She looked like a panda and she hated it - quickly covered it with some makeups to cover it, despite she knew that it wouldn’t cover much.

“Are you trying to seduce other guys? You’re already pretty.” Chanyeol went rolling closer to her, mumbling along the way. 

And Jihae just scowled when he pushed his head on her lap, eyes closed. 

“Park Chanyeol, what the hell are you doing?”

“Just continue with your makeup, I just want to be near.”

“You’re being clingy.”

“I don’t find any faults on doing that.” he mumbled sleepily and Jihae frowned in confusion.

He was acting weird - was he tried to console her heart from last night or something? 

His warm breath tickled on her skin, despite she was wearing pants - it still managed to let her skin shivered at it. 

“It tickles.” she laughed a bit, pushing him away, and Chanyeol frowned at that, grunting in return and just pressed his head heavier on her lap.

“You dork!” she tried to push him away again and Chanyeol ended up laughing at her weak attempt. 

“Get up.”

“Just let me be clingy!”

“Find someone else to be clingy with!”

“Why should I?”

Jihae found herself laughing again when he let his hair tickled her lap as he moved his head on it. 

 

 

 

 

Sehun let his eyes fluttered open, staring at the white ceiling above him and he closed back his eyes, feeling dreaded on waking up. 

But as he closed his eyes, the images of Jihae ran back in his mind and her memories with him went replaying without any shame, making him grunting at that and ended up opening back his eyes and sat on the bed. 

He palmed his face and heaved a heavy breath, feeling his chest tightened with an unknown feeling that he hated.

The cold air in his room wasn’t helping his aching heart and he was sighing again, dropping his arms to his lap and stared ahead of him. 

“You’re up?”

Sehun glanced to the side and his heart fastened at the sight of Joohyun smiling at him from the door frame. 

“You’re here?”

She smiled, walking inside the room and sat in front of him on the bed, playing with his hands that were on his lap. “Your mother said you’re a bit upset with her.”

“She asked me to check up on you.”

Sehun went sighing at that. 

Just like how her mother had asked Joohyun to go to Jeju and have the girl nice enough to say no to it. 

“You shouldn’t follow whatever my mom asked you to do.” Sehun said, pulling his hands from her and pushed himself off of the bed. 

Joohyun went blinking at that. “Why? Is something wrong?”

He hated how Joohyun seemed to be hurt a bit when he moved away from her, but he didn’t say anything to that and just moved to the bathroom.

“It’s nothing. You should go, I’m going to work.”

Sehun didn’t want to see her face - probably dejected at hearing that and he didn’t know why he dislike Joohyun’s presence at the moment. 

Maybe because he didn’t want her to know that he was having Jihae in his mind while she was with him at the moment. 

And when he came out from the bathroom and was about to get ready to dress up, Joohyun wasn’t in the room and he sighed again. 

Somehow relief. 

She had made his bed, and Sehun felt guilt eating him alive once again - knowing that she was so nice for him despite his treatment on her. 

“I made breakfast.” Joohyun smiled from the kitchen and Sehun blinked as he walked out from his room, fixing on his sleeve. 

“I thought you left already.”

“You can’t get rid of me that easily.” she winked and Sehun was being pulled by her in the next second, making him seated on the kitchen island with the breakfast laid on the counter and have him smiled a bit at her small thoughts. 

“You shouldn’t have...I could eat at the office.” 

She smiled. “Well, it’s not a hard thing to do.”

“You seemed to be in a foul mood, so a meal would easily lifted you up, right?”

Sehun was given his utensils and he blinked at it, before staring back at the meals. 

“Anyway, I’m picking up the wedding dress today.”

He stopped on his bite of the breakfast upon hearing that.

Right. 

They are getting married. 

He and Joohyun. 

The end of the month. 

“R - really?” he pushed down his food into his throat, tasting the bittersweet of it. 

Joohyun just smiled. “I can’t wait to see it. Do you think it’ll be pretty?”

Sehun forced a smile. “Yeah. You look pretty in

Please log in to read the full chapter