FIVE

Enemies from the past
Please log in to read the full chapter

WORTHLESS.

 

Jihae went scowling, eyes twitching in anger and disgust - that she went pushing away Sehun harshly, making him stumbled a bit to the back and have him scowled at her sudden strength. 

“Crazy bastard.” she spat, eyes went stinging with the glares that she went giving to him. 

But Sehun just scoffed inwardly at it. “What? Scared?”

He then sauntered away, head held high and with the same cocky expression on his face - like he didn’t even mind being called crazy by her. 

It almost seemed like he enjoyed seeing her so scared at his sudden act. 

“Like I said, crazy for you.” he said, before sitting on Jihae’s seat and she groaned at that, fists balling tight.

“That should be my seat.” Jihae said, voice dropping cold. 

While Sehun had his lips tugged in Cheshire like grin at that - almost teasing like, and he went spreading his legs for her to see, patting on his inner thigh. 

“Well, you can always sit on my lap.”

Jihae went scowling at that, face painted in disgust.

“Oh Sehun, do you think this is a joke? Was all of this, fun to you?”

Sehun went shrugging at that, finger tapping on his chin as he made a thinking face. 

“I don’t know. I’m still figuring things out.”

“It surely painful at seeing you again, but knowing that I can hurt and torment you, kinda makes it fun for me.”

“So, I guess it is fun.” he smirked. 

And she scowled at that, before pointing at the door of her office. “Get out.”

He chuckled. “You’re kicking your own investor out?”

“I can kick whoever I want if they are not professional enough.” Jihae spat, and Sehun chuckled again. 

Finally standing up from the chair and towering over her again - hands in his pockets and face went smug.

“You really have changed.” he said, voice went steady despite she just asked him to get out. 

“Not just appearance, but your whole self.”

“You don’t even know about business before, and now - you’re talking about professionalism.”

“Pfft - ” he snorted, lips went tugging upwards and Jihae weirdly felt like he was mocking her in a way.

“Kinda funny.” he said. 

“And just so you know, I can be professional when I wanted to.”

Jihae breathed out heavily through her nose - already feeling her patience was running thin and she hated how Sehun was glowering at her with so much emotions that she wanted to drown from it. 

“And I need you to be professional with me all the time.” she said, and Sehun laughed at that. 

“This is business, Sehun. I’m not playing your games.”

“Ah...bored playing with me, I see...” he trudged closer. 

“Is that why you left me eight years ago? Because you don’t want to play with me anymore?”

And Jihae went still at that. 

While Sehun just smirked.

Weirdly, despite his nonchalant voice, his eyes went glossy after saying that, and Jihae felt bad out of nowhere.

“Like I said, there’s a line between us now, Sehun. Don’t cross it.”

His shoulders rocked at that - laughing a bit. “And like I said, I already cross it.”

“What are you going to do about it, Jihae?”

“I can leave you again, Sehun.” Jihae growled, fists balling tight.

While Sehun went mum out of a sudden - suddenly having his confidence earlier went vanished as his shoulders dropped at that. 

 

 

 

 

“What?” 

Jihae went sighing, staring at where Sehun had been standing earlier and pressed her phone closer to her ear. 

“Sehun is here.” she said again and heard a soft cuss at the end of the phone.

“It’s supposed to be CEO Junjin. He promised me...”

Junmyeon sounded like something between being betrayed and hurt - and Jihae went smiling unknowingly, glad to know that her brother was affected by the thoughts of Sehun also. 

Showing that he somehow cared for her in a way. 

“It didn’t matter. I just want to let you know.” she said. 

“You know, in case something went bad and I murder someone, just know that it’s Sehun.”

Junmyeon went chuckling a bit at the other line. “Don’t worry, I’ll provide numerous lawyer for you.”

She went smiling at that. “Anyway, I need to go. I need to show Sehun around the resort.”

“Jihae...”

“I’ll be fine.” she assured, after hearing Junmyeon’s concern voice. 

“I can handle him.” she assured again. 

Suddenly remembering when she mentioned on leaving away from his sights and have Sehun went blank at that - with no words at it.

And he just scowled before went silencing himself - probably getting affected by her words. 

He seemed to be troubled by the idea of her leaving and Jihae was glad at that - using it to make sure he never crossed his line during their time in Jeju. 

“Be careful. Don’t get hurt.” Junmyeon said on the other line, and Jihae smiled at that, finally picking on a few files and brought it in her hand.

“I won’t.” 

“I’ll come there soon.”

She chuckled. “No need. I’ll be fine. Just focus on the work.”

“Or should I send someone over?”

“If you’re talking about Chanyeol, then don’t.” she walked out from the office, heading the basement parking lot.

And Junmyeon just laughed on the other line. “Well, he always said that he wanted to take a holiday.”

“Everyday is a holiday for him.” Jihae said, making her brother laughed lightly on the phone. 

They spent a few moments talking, until Jihae was going down and had to bid byes to the brother. 

And was sighing dejectedly at seeing Sehun leaning against his own car, before her brows furrowed as she walked closer - seeing the roll between his fingers.

Sehun went smirking, blowing a heavy smoke at her face and she coughed at that, waving her hand helplessly to remove the smoke that went lingering on her. 

Since when he smoke? 

Her eyes went looking at him and he chuckled lowly. 

“You look surprised.” he said. 

“Surprised that I smoke?” he took another before throwing the used cigarette on the ground, stumping it on his shoe, and blew another smoke out.

“Well, I need something strong to make me numb on the thoughts of you.” he let his lips tugged into a smirk at that, and Jihae rolled her eyes. 

Hating the way he wanted to guilt trapped her.

It wasn’t her fault.

He made his own choices. 

“Let’s just go to the resort site.”

The moment she said that, Sehun went opening the door of his car and pointed her to get inside with a bored face.

While Jihae wanted to scowl at that. “No. Let’s take a separate car.”

He let out a breathless chuckle at that. “What? Scared?”

“I won’t do anything to you.”

After he just threatened her and somehow assaulted her before, and now - he’s saying that he wouldn’t be doing anything? 

“I’m not that stupid, Sehun.” and she just walked before him, going to her own car and Sehun went scowling at that.

 

“I can leave you again, Sehun.”

 

And he slammed the door of his car with a loud thump, before going to the driver seat and followed Jihae from the back of her car.

Having a heavy feeling in his heart at those words.

Because no - he doesn’t want her to leave him again.

He doesn’t want her to leave his sights again. 

When they arrived at the resort site - Sehun was glad, finally being able to see Jihae’s face once again.

And even with her frown and displeased face on him, Sehun was glad. 

Despite her face looked tired and painted with dark eye bags, Sehun never thought her less beautiful than how he had remembered. 

He wanted to hurt her. 

He wanted to let her feel his aching heart.

But, 

He couldn’t help the need to hug her dearly.

To kiss her tenderly and told her how he had missed her so much. 

To hold her so close so she won’t be running away from him again. 

“Is this it?” he asked, staring at her and Jihae went nodding at it, before giving him the file that she had in her arms earlier. 

“Let’s start.” she said, already marching forward and not wait for him at all - making his heart went aching at the ignorance. 

His fingers were itching to grab her. 

But he held it and just followed her from behind. 

“I guess I really haven’t move on from you.”

Jihae frowned at that, looking back to stare at Sehun. 

“I couldn’t even do anything now because I’m so scared of you leaving me again.”

And he just walked away, leaving her scowling at the spot.

“You wouldn’t get anything from me, even if I stay by your sights.”

He smirked at that. “You don’t know that.”

And Jihae hated the way he seemed so lost at the thoughts of her going away, but seemed so confident on making her - his.

It somehow scared her. 

 

 

 

 

Sehun’s mother had gaped at the man ahead of her. Her fork and knife went falling from her fingers and onto the plate of steak, because she was so flustered by the sudden news.

“You what?!”

“Sehun wanted to go.” CEO Junjin went sighing, letting a piece of the steak went into his mouth. 

“And you let him?!” 

“It’s just Jeju.” the man said.

“Yeah, with that girl.” the woman spat, tongue hissing in displeased. 

“It’s just two days.”

“I don’t care! I told you, I don’t like that girl!”

The man went sighing at that, wanting to retort something to calm his wife, when he saw that she was already busy with her phone. 

“What are you doing?”

Please log in to read the full chapter