FOUR

Enemies from the past
Please log in to read the full chapter

HOT AND STEAMY.

 

They are coming one by one.

First, it’s Sehun.

And then, his mother. 

Her past was surfacing once again and Jihae was hating on that, making her lose sleep more and ended up staring on her ceiling with a blank look on her face.

The ticking sound of the clock makes her anxiety risen, and she kept having her ears perked at the silent commotion outside of her window. 

She swallowed hard on the lump in , while having her thumb played with each other. Her mind was mindlessly thinking of something - but she couldn’t get any images on what she was thinking about. 

It seemed like a faceless images and blank thoughts accompanying on her night. 

 

She scowled. “I’m not that kind of girl, Mrs.Oh...”

The woman smirked nonetheless at the words. “You gonna say that you stay with my son because you really loved him?”

“You think you deserves to love him?”

She frowned, her jaw clenching tight at the attack from the woman. “I’m not leaving Sehun. I really love him.”

 

Jihae tossed herself to the side, closing on her eyes and forced herself to asleep. 

But those thoughts went accompanying her mind again, and she went back to opening her eyes, staring at her nightstand. 

The sleeping pills that she had taken earlier that day was placed steadily on her nightstand and she swallowed hard at that. 

She had taken her dose. 

But...

She sighed at that, shaking on her head when she thought on taking another pills.

She then went sitting on her bed, blankly looking at her hands that were already pale. 

Weirdly, she felt lonely. 

Alone.

Alone and lonely. 

Jihae hugged her knees tight. 

And she couldn’t sleep that night. 

 

 

 

 

Until her thoughts went awake and she was back to reality, staring at the window with a pair of dead eyes. 

Her heart was beating slow and Jihae hated how it was aching so much.

It’s already morning, and she still didn’t get any sleep, and have her body went weak when she dragged her feet out from the bed. 

The floor was cold, and she went shivering at that, hugging on her body with her shaking hands. 

Her reflection wasn’t pleasing - almost looking like she was dead, that she was starting to feel scared at seeing her own self. 

Slowly, she cleaned herself up and moved to dress up to go to work. 

Until, she was all ready with her usual suits and pants - that she finally remembered that it was weekend and she didn’t have any work to do. 

She palmed on her head, grunting to herself. 

Wondering how she could forget about it. 

 

 

 

 

“When I asked to have brunch with you, I expect to pick you up at your apartment...not in the office.” 

Junmyeon went saying, crossing his arms as he stared at the girl in the office. 

His casual shirt and pants complimented on his lean and fit body - charming.

Jihae just smiled lazily at that, pushing herself from replying to the emails in her computer. 

“I forgot what day it is, and since I already dressed up, I just go to work.”

“And you say, I’m the workaholic one.” Her brother went sighing at that, trudging closer and sat on the seat across her. 

He went staring at Jihae, who just smiled in return and have him sighing again. 

“You know, maybe you should stay back with me. Your insomnia is getting worse, and it’s effecting your work and your life.”

She sighed. “I’m fine.”

“It’s okay before, I guess I’m stressed out because of Sehun...”

“...and his mother.” Jihae added next. 

Junmyeon went sighing at that.

Somehow felt pity towards his own sister for having those thoughts to herself and ended up worrying again and again for those stupid people. 

“How about you go to Jeju a day early?”

Jihae looked at her brother. 

“Maybe you can relax yourself for a day, you know - before meeting with CEO Junjin on Monday.”

Junmyeon smiled assuringly. “I can handle things here.”

“Even if I went to relax for a day, Sehun would still be in my mind.”

And at that, Junmyeon went silent. 

 

 

 

 

Sehun went blinking. “What?”

The woman in front of him went huffing loudly, crossing her arms to show her authority for him, but Sehun doesn’t care about that.

“I want you, to back out from investing in the resort.”

“Why should I?” Sehun raised his perfect brows at the woman, voice went flat and just showed how much he didn’t even care to show his true face in front of the woman.

“Sehun.” she stressed on her word, eyes staring at her own son. 

“That girl ruined your life before, and you’re crawling back to her?”

“Are you that crazy? Are you that desperate?” she spat. 

“So what if I am?”

“Sehun!”

“Mom, you talk too much.” Sehun rolled his eyes, finger scratching on his ear before he trudged his long legs deeper into the house. 

“Sehun, I’m worried about you.” the woman tried to catch up to him.

“Don’t you feel pity to Joohyun? What do you think she will feel when you went back on seeing your ex after all these years?”

“Don’t you love her?”

“You’re getting married this month, Sehun.”

Sehun snorted at that, amused by his mother pleading words. 

“So?”

“Joohyun is gonna be my wife, and I still can have Jihae by my side.”

The mother went stopping on her steps, eyes went wavering when she heard that words and her jaw parted in shock. 

“You punk! Don’t tell me you gonna cheat on Joohyun?”

“She’s a good girl, Sehun!”

Sehun didn’t say anything to that. 

“Sehun!” the mother went chasing him. 

Sehun didn’t care about that that, opening the door of the study room and swiftly slammed the door right in front of his mother’s face, leaving the woman all alone and gasping for air to calm herself down.

CEO Junjin looked up from his phone, and blinked at Sehun who just walked in and have him locking to door from his own mother.

“You called?” Sehun went sitting on the couch in the study room and CEO Junjin just smiled at his stepson. 

Sehun wasn’t his, but weirdly - he cared for the guy like his own blood - maybe because he never had a child on his own and always wanted one. 

That’s why, when Sehun wanted to invest in a resort or whatnot - he just followed the guy’s commands - somehow wanted to be a good father to the guy. 

“Your mother is busy trying to make me back out from investing in your friend’s resort.”

Sehun just sighed at that.

“You told her about who the people behind the resort?”

CEO Junjin blinked at that. “Well, your mother wanted to know. So, I just thought to share the news.”

Sehun sighed at that. “I told you, not to say anything to my mom.”

CEO Junjin stood up from his seat and walked to the couch where Sehun was sitting on. 

“Sehun, your mother is upset.”

The guy sighed, closing his eyes in annoyance and had his jaw rolled

Please log in to read the full chapter