Final Chapter

Tears From Heaven

Café

Seohyun and her friends were hanging out at a café a few months after their school finished. It was the first time that all nine of them had come to meet.

As they were chatting over some cappuccino, Jessica’s phone rang.

“Oh, Chanyeol ah, wae?” She said, as soon as she saw the name on the screen. It had been so long since she had heard about Chanyeol and the boys.

“Did you hear about Luhan?” Chanyeol asked. His voice was wavering as if he had just cried. Jessica could even hear him sobbing.

“No, why? What happened to your voice?” she asked.

All of the girls were staring at her, wanting her to tell what Chanyeol told her.

“Luhan…. He…. Luhan…. Our friend… Had…. Passed away….”

nJessica felt her heart sank right away when she heard that Luhan had passed away. She couldn’t believe what she heard. They didn’t even know anything about Luhan ever since the last day of exam last year.

“What… what are you saying? How? When? Are you serious? This is not something funny.” She said, rising her voice a bit, showing that she was angry.

The girls were holding on to her hand, wanting her to tell them now.

“Just come now…. to his house… now….” Chanyeol said, hanging up.

“Hello! Hello!! Yah! Chanyeol ah!” Jessica yelled. She looked at the screen and just realized that he had hang up.

She stared at the girls with blank face and blank mind. Everything just went blank especially when Seohyun was staring at her as well.

“Yah! Sica ah, what happen?” Yoona urged.

Instead of answering Yoona , she looked at Seohyun as tears fell from her eyes. She hold Seohyun’s hand tightly.

“Sica, wae?” Seohyun asked, innocently.

“Seohyun ah, eotteokhae…. What will happen to you now? Seohyun ah, mianhae…. It was our fault.” Jessica cried.

“Yah! Don’t cry, tell us what happened!” Taeyeon yelled. She was getting impatient.

“Lu…. Luhan….”

“What’s with Luhan? What happened to him?”

“He …. Passed…. Away….”

Seohyun’s eyes widened. Luhan passed away, she thought. That can’t be, she thought.

The girls were really shocked as well.

“Yah! Jung Jessica, this is not funny!” Tiffany said, hitting the table.

“I’m…. Serious…. Chanyeol told us to go to his house now. He didn’t tell me anything detail. We have to go there to find out.” She explained.

Seohyun let go of Jessica’s hands. She stared blankly at the floor.

LUHAN PASSED AWAY?

LUHAN PASSED AWAY?

She just couldn’t believe what she just heard.

All of the memories that involved the two of them start to replay in her head like a movie. It was the first time that her heart felt like being stab with a knife when she reminisce all the sweet memories that they had.

It starts from when they were friends. One day, Luhan gathered his courage to confess his love for her and the two of them ended up as a couple. All of their dates kept on replaying in her head. The time when they went for a walk at the park. There was also the time when Luhan walked her home and how he held her hands for the first time.

He was the first guy to hold her hands and hugged her. Those times were the happiest moment in her life since it was the first time she had a boyfriend.

Then, she even reminded of when they broke up because of the lame excuse of hers. She tried very hard to refuse his suggestion of getting back.

“Luhan ah….. mianhae.” She murmured.

“Seohyun ah, you’re coming?” Taeyeon asked, patting Seohyun’s shoulder.

 


 

 

Luhan’s House

Seohyun and the girls stood outside the house when they arrived Luhan’s house. Seohyun just couldn’t bring herself to step into the house.

She once refused Luhan’s offer to come to his house to meet his mother. She never thought that she would be coming to the house for the first time in her life for his funeral.

“Seohyun ah, let’s go in.” Jessica said, holding Seohyun’s arm, in case she was going to fall anytime.

Seohyun hesitated to go in. “ Unnie, I don’t think I can go in.”

Jessica told her that everything will be fine and brought her inside.

When they stepped inside the house, a white coffin could be seen in the corner of the house.

Seohyun’s steps got weaker as she saw the coffin. She just couldn’t feel her legs and her mind was turning blank. She didn’t even know where to walk and what to do.

“Do you wanna go see him?” Jessica asked. She was afraid that if Seohyun went to see him in the coffin with her weak condition, she would faint straight away.

Seohyun nodded. Words just couldn’t come out from . It felt like her lip was sealed.

The two of them walked slowly towards the coffin. When they stood right next to the coffin, Seohyun burst into tears as she saw Luhan lying in the coffin lifelessly, being covered with a white cloth, and only his head was seen.

She cried really hard that she can’t stop herself from saying sorry as she hold on to the glass between her and Luhan. She couldn’t get herself to believe that the man lying in the coffin is Luhan. The man that was lying in the coffin was the man that she loved.

Her legs were numb and she couldn’t even feel it.

“Luhan ah……” She cried.

Jessica wiped her tears away as she looked at Seohyun crying over Luhan’s death body. She felt terrible for telling her to breakup with him because their exams were coming soon and that if they kept on hanging out with each other, they will fail the exams.

She hugged her from behind. She couldn’t comfort her with any words because she felt terribly sorry for her.  She knew that she wasn’t in the position for comforting her and telling her not to cry.

“Luhan ah, I’m sorry…. I’m really sorry…. It’s all my fault.” Seohyun cried.

“Seohyun ah, don’t be like this.” Taeyeon said.

Seohyun was held back by her friends and it made her collapsed to the floor on her knees. She stared at the floor blankly. She didn’t want to believe that Luhan had left her.

The girls carried Seohyun to a corner, trying to calm her.

Tears just couldn’t stop falling from her eyes. Everything was like dream to her. She really can’t get herself to believe it.

She never thought that Luhan would leave her like this. She thought that after they finished studying, they can get back together just like how both of them wished to.

Kai came to the girls and sighed as he saw Seohyun’s condition.

“How did this happened to Luhan?” Tiffany asked.

“I’m sorry. I should’ve told you guys earlier. Actually, Luhan was suffering from Hepatitis B during the school holidays. He was diagnosed with it when he collapsed in his house and brought to the hospital by his family.” Kai explained.

“Why didn’t you tell us about this? This is serious, you know!” Tiffany said, raising her voice a bit.

“How can you hide this from us? Well, we don’t care if you hide it from us, but how can you hide it from Seohyun, the girl that he loves?” Jessica said.

“I’m sorry. We wanted to tell her about this, but Luhan told us not to. He didn’t want her to get worried and all worked up because of him.” He said.

“Moreover, he didn’t want her to come back to him because of his illness. He didn’t want her to come back to him because of pity.” He added.

Seohyun, cried even harder when Kai explained everything.

 


 

 

Flashback – During Holidays 25 Dec

It was Christmas and Seohyun’s family was all gathered to celebrate it. When the party was over, she headed to her room to rest.

Just then, her phone rang. She got a message.

Her eyes widened when she saw the name that sent the message.

LUHAN.

She quickly clicked the “OPEN” button with nervousness in her heart.

Merry Christmas, Seohyun. It’s been a while, right? I was hoping for special present from you.

She sighed as she looked at the message. Present? Special present?

She felt like she knew what ‘special present’ that Luhan meant in the message.

Merry Christmas to you too. Yes, it’s been a while since I heard about you. Special present? What do you mean?

Oh, I thought you were asleep. Well, I guess if I don’t say it, you could’ve guess it right away.

I’m sorry, I don’t really know.

Okay, I know that you’re faking it. I’ll be honest with you. I still love you, Seohyun. It’s really hard for me to accept that you’re not mine, even now. Is it possible for us to get back together?

Get back together, she thought.

She thought about it deeply. She’s going to enter university soon. If she get back to with him, she might have to repeat a year of university since her focus was easily faded.

Luhan ah, I’m sorry. I don’t think it’s time for us to get back again. Maybe after we both finish our study, I might consider about us again that time.

Are you sure?

Yes, I’m sure. I hope you can understand me. You know how my focus is easily change, right? You noticed it two years ago.

Okay, I understand. But I have to know something. Do you feel the same way like how I feel?

Seohyun’s tears fell from her eyes. She felt sorry for doing these things to him.

Do you really have to know that?

Please…. That’s the only way for me to be able to wait for you.

I loved you ever since I know you. It had never changed, not even once. I want both of us to succeed in our life and then we can get back together.

Thanks for telling me that. I feel so much better now. this is the first time I’m feeling this better in two years. This might be the last message from me. Saranghae, Seo Joo Hyun. Don’t mind replying, I’m busy.

Tears fell from her eyes as soon as she read the message. She felt really bad for making him feel that way. She loved him so much, but she just couldn’t get herself to get together with him. She didn’t want to feel the depression that she felt two years ago when they broke up. It was hard enough for her to get over it although she could still cry because of the pain from the past.

She thought that maybe if they get back together, they might meet rough things during their study in university. She was afraid that they might even broke up once again because of the difficulties.

That was the reason why she thought that it would be better for them to get back together after they finished their studies and have a stable job.

End of Flashback

 


 

 

It was already 8pm, Seohyun and her friends were still in Luhan’s house.

“Seohyun ah, you didn’t eat anything since this morning. Let’s eat dinner.” Taeyeon suggested to Seohyun, who was sitting at the corner, staring blankly at the floor.

Seohyun shook her head, signaling that she didn’t want to eat anything.

“Seohyun ah, you shouldn’t be like this. What if you collapsed? Do you think Luhan would want to see that?” Chanyeol said.

She didn’t answer him and just kept staring at the floor.

Hyoyeon approached Seohyun with a tray of rice with some dishes and a glass of water. She put it in front of her, signaling her to eat it.

However, Seohyun just slightly pushed the tray aside and kept staring at the floor.

The girls gave up trying to tell her to eat.

 


 

 

It was already 11pm, Seohyun was still at the corner sitting as she stared blankly at the floor. She still can’t believe that Luhan had gone. Sometimes, tears fell from her eyes and she wiped it away.

“Seohyun ah, it’s quite late now. Don’t you want to go home? Let’s go home.” Jessica said.

Seohyun shook her head. She didn’t want to leave the living room. She couldn’t bring herself to leave.

“Are you planning to sleep here?” Jessica asked again.

This time, Seohyun looked at her, as if she was asking her if it’s possible for her to sleep there tonight.

“You’re really going to sleep here? Well, okay. I’ll inform your parents later.” Jessica replied. Although she wanted to tell her to go home, but she just couldn’t get herself to say that to her face.

“You guys can go home. We’ll take care of her here.” Chanyeol said.

The girls nodded and left the house.

“Seohyun ah, why don’t you go sleep in the room?” Chanyeol suggested.

“I’ll sleep here.” She replied, with a weak voice.

“You can’t sleep here.”

“Let me sleep here. It’s been a while since I’ve been with Luhan. Please let me sleep here. I want to be with him tonight. I want to sleep next to him tonight.” Seohyun said, crying.

Chanyeol got panicked when she cried, so he had no choice but to let her sleep there as she wishes.

 


 

When Seohyun was asleep, she had a dream.

She was walking on a green grass. It was so beautiful with a couple of trees around.

“Seohyun ah…”

Someone called her name. She thought that it was really familiar, the voice was really familiar. It was the voice that she had been longing to hear for the past months.

She tried to find the direction of the voice. She run everywhere as far as she could. But there was no end to her running.

“Seohyun ah..”

She kept on hearing that voice calling her. It was really frustrating for her not to be able to find the owner of the voice. She was really sure it was his voice.

“Luhan ah….” She yelled as she ran around.

She was running as hard as she could, but she couldn’t find him.

When she was already out of energy from all those running, she collapsed to the ground and burst into tears. She was crying really hard.

“Luhan ah, where are you?” She cried.

Just then, a guy appeared in front of her. He was in white suit. He looked so shining in those white suit.

“Lu….Luhan….” She murmured as she lifted her head up. She was shocked to see the person in front of her.

“Seohyun ah, forget me. Live on and well now.” He said.

“No, I can’t. I won’t. I’m sorry. If I knew you were sick, I wouldn’t have refused when you asked me to reconsider us again. I’m sorry. I love you Luhan.” She cried her heart all out.

She regretted that she refused when he asked her to reconsider them being a couple again that day. She thought that maybe if the two of them studied higher and gain more money, they would get together again and get married. That way, the two of them wouldn’t get hurt because of breakups.

“I understand. But you have to let me go.”

“Don’t go. I can’t let you go. Where are you going?”

“I’m going somewhere far from here. Somewhere where you can’t meet me anymore.” He said, kneeling in front of her.

“No, don’t go.” She cried as she hugged him tightly, not wanting to let go.

“Seohyun ah, I loved you ever since the first day I met you at school. I was so happy when you agreed to be my girlfriend. Although we only lasted for a couple of months, I was still happy. I love you.” He said as he kissed her forehead. A couple of tears fell from his eyes too.

“It’s time for me to go.” He said as he got up.

“No….” She cried.

“I will be the saddest person when you get married to another guy. I will cry really hard if that day comes.” He said and walked away.

“Luhan ah…” She got up, trying to go after him. But he was nowhere to be seen.

 


 

“Luhan ah… Luhan ah…. Andwae….”

“Seohyun ah, wake up. What’s wrong? You okay?”

Seohyun woke up and saw Jessica in front of her. She burst into tears and hugged Jessica tightly. Couple of tears fell from Jessica’s eyes as well when she looked at Seohyun crying really hard. She knew that she had dreamt of Luhan when she heard her mentioning Luhan’s name repeatedly in her dream.

“Unnie, Luhan’s gone…. What should I do? He’s gone!” She cried.

“Seohyun ah, it’s time to let him go.

Church

“Do you accept Oh Sehun as your husband?”

“………………………………………….”

“Do you accept Oh Sehun as your husband?”

Sehun looked at the priest and smiled awkwardly. He tried to whisper to Seohyun, “ Seohyun, what happened to you?”

However, it seemed like Seohyun didn’t even heard him.

“Ehem… Do you accept Oh Sehun as your husband?”

Sehun closed his eyes, wishing that Seohyun would snapped out of the reality. He tried to hold her hand slightly.

Luckily, it worked. She looked at him with a why-what-is-wrong look on her face. He signaled the priest to her using his eyes.

Seohyun looked at the priest and his face was already red. It looked like he was pissed off.

“Do you accept Oh sehun as your husband?”

“Yes, I do.” She replied with a smile as she looked into Sehun’s eyes.

She decided to let go of her past. She wanted to accept Sehun into being her life partner. She knew that it won’t be easy for her to forget Luhan but she will try. She wanted to give Sehun a chance. Luhan will forever be in her mind as one of the best memories in her life.

Now, she wanted to make a new memory with Sehun.

“Now, you are officially married. You may kiss the bride.”

Sehun moved closer to Seohyun and hold her face.

“I love you.” He said then kissed her forehead.

 


 

Outside the Church

When Seohyun and Sehun came out from the church, it started to rain.

“Oh it’s raining.” The guest said.

“I thought the weather reporter said today will be a sunny day.” Another guest said.

Seohyun looked at the sky, it was dark and gloomy.

“He did cry…..” She murmured as couple of tears fell from her eyes.

“What did you say? Who’s crying?” Sehun asked.

“Nothing.” She smiled.

“Oh right, want me to tell you a story….”


Author's Note : Yay! Final episode! Actually, I've already finished with this long time ago... I'm so busy the past few months.. really... Because I just finished my a-level.... I'll be going to uni on september.. so, I'll try my best to finish everything now... I also have many fanfic left to be uploaded... One by one.. HAHAHA...

 

Oh and one more... Sorry that I made this story ends with a sad ending.. Well, it's actually a true story from my best friend.. except for the ending.. but she really did lost her first love.. i'm very sorry to say that i'm one of the friends... really sorry...