19.

"I LIKE YOU"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     "How is Agent Nam?" Captain Jang asks when Lieutenant Lee has entered his office to leave him the complete reports of Woo Hyun's and his investigations. Sung Yeol sighs and settles in the chair in front of the desk, getting a stern look from his superior.
     "He's out of the woods now, sir. The gunshot wound was not serious and he received blood transfusions. Agent Nam will be fine. I suppose they will discharge him very soon.
     "And young Kim?"
     "He was operated of emergency, but Dr. Kim has informed me that the surgery went well and that he is currently recovering."
     Dong Woo nods and leans against the desk leaning on his elbows.
     "I suppose the report of what happened on the place and why there was a dead ex-police officer there is also included."
     "Only in part, sir. We are still investigating the connection between Lee Ho Won and Kim Hee Chul, but everything indicates that they were both involved with black market people.
     Dong Woo remains silent, but his hard and worried countenance does not change. Sung Yeol looks at him and knows that a good reprimand awaits him.
     "Now, tell me, Lieutenant Lee, how should I proceed to sanction them? They both hid inside information, and both hid a witness who needed to be protected. Additionally, Agent Nam has formed a bond with Kim Sung Kyu, taking advantage of his position as an NASI officer. And that is a serious crime.
     "Sir, you know things were not like that. I know we acted badly by not telling you what we had planned; by lying to him about taking Kim Sung Kyu to the security fort and by withholding information from him, but, we did everything with the boy's well-being and our progress in the investigations in mind. Also, Agent Nam and young Kim are in love, so...
     "Love has nothing to do with here, Lieutenant Lee, because if NASI wants to take Agent Nam away to custody him, I won't be able to stop them."
     "But, sir...
     "Better worry about yourself, Lieutenant. As of this moment, you are suspended from office indefinitely. Turn in your gun and badge."
     Sung Yeol opens his eyes in amazement and sighs, but doesn't say anything else. He is aware of the mistakes he made, but even so, he hopes that things will change and that he will not be fired from his job for his insubordination.
     "You may withdraw," Jang says finally, and Lee rises from his chair, not before doing what the Captain has ordered, offering him a polite bow before leaving the office.
     Dong Woo sighs, overwhelmed, because if it were up to him, he would give Sung Yeol and Woo Hyun all the honors they deserve. Because they did nothing but an excellent job discovering Hee Chul's plans and uncovering all the corruption that exists in NASI, as well as solving the banks robberys case that his superiors had pressured him so much. Although, he knows that if he can talk to the president of Congress and explain the situation to him in detail, perhaps he can do something to avoid sanctions against his subordinates.
     Captain Jang sighs again and takes the reports that Lee has left him to start going through them. In them, Sung Yeol explains how Hee Chul manipulated the BRC to transfer the pureblood alphas from the metropolitan prison to his laboratory, and thus begin his secret experiments. Additionally, due to the outcome of Woo Hyun's investigations, NASI has been tasked with searching for everyone involved with the former congressman, at the agency. On the other hand, a complete report will be delivered to the president of the Industrial Bank, where he will be informed how it was that the gang of thugs under the orders of Seung Hoon, used Hee Chul's traning formulas to turn into wolves and thus carry out the robberies. He also plans to speak personally with Sung Kyu, and explain that they will do everything possible to get Hee Chul to confess and have the evidence to incriminate Kang for the murder of his parents. Jang knows that it will be difficult because he is a very powerful person and because he has very strong ties to leaders in the black market, but he also knows that it will only be a matter of time before NASI gathers enough evidence to lock him in prison.

 

[...]

 

     "It's good to see you're recovering fast," Sung Yeol says as he walks into the room and sees Woo Hyun sit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter