Seven: In a Royalty Way

Lost in Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The sound of a high-pitched horn emitted from different vehicles outside the apartment causes the sleeping Crown Princess to stirred up from her slumber. The noises can easily pass through the thin wall of the building, clearly, a disadvantage for a light sleeper since the apartment is just near the street. It also became Eunbi's usual alarm clock every morning when Hyewon's out of the apartment every weekend. 

 

If the blonde's here, she'll be the alarm of the Crown Princess. However, Eunbi preferred getting awake by the noises of the car than being awake by Hyewon. Why? Funny, because since Hyewon started to warm up with the Crown princess, the blonde has found a way to get into Eunbi's nerves and one of them is in a way she wakes the Crown Princess from sleeping. 

 

Their cat and dog relationship is so weird, annoying, and funny. Eunbi saw different sides of Hyewon after living with her in just a month. She has seen the serious, weird, annoying, and funny version of Hyewon in just a month. It's silly that Eunbi lasted here, she didn't expect it and successfully adjusting in the blonde's time. She even made friends  Yena, Yujin, their boss who is her teacher, and the landlord Mrs. Lee. 

Eunbi's still thinking if she should consider Hyewon as her friend because the blonde keeps on getting on her nerves, as always be in a good or bad way. Their bickering and teasing moments even got often because Hyewon as mentioned earlier is warming up to her. It should be a good thing, right? But sometimes, Eunbi just wanted to smack the hell out of Hyewon.  

 

But she won't deny that being away from her Father and their Kingdom, it's getting her into mixed emotions. It's really a month that she's stuck in this time as per Hyewon's word.  However, Eunbi won't also deny the fact that she's enjoying being here. The Crown Princess even knows to commute on her work independently. She clearly feels how to have a life and be free, to make your own decision, have friends, and enjoy things as it is.  

 

‘Already made breakfast for you dear Highness, just suit yourself. And by the way, wash the dishes I left in the sink. I need to go early. 
Also, you're still sleeping with an open mouth, wipe that saliva of yours! See you at work, Eunweirdo :P'

 

“I don't sleep with my mouth open!” Eunbi defended herself after reading the whole note from the blonde girl, then her hand consciously made it's way to to wipe the said saliva. But she quickly retreated her hand after realizing she never has it. 

 

“That annoying peasant,” She snickered before sitting on the chair and started to dig in the food that Hyewon left for her.  Her face automatically lits up after the sweet of the food lingers on her tongue, as expected of the blonde, she really knows how to cook.  

 

“Peasant's a good cook but she's still annoying for me,” Eunbi mumbled like a sulking kid, she's alone but it looks like she's fighting with someone because the way she angrily glares at the chair where Hyewon always sits tell the opposite thing.  


“Yena should have warned me about peasant being comfortable with someone. She's even getting annoying to me and I even feel more stressed,” Eunbi mumbles to herself again, but she didn't realize how her face is glowing despite that pout and frown on her face, annoyed from the fact that Hyewon can make her react like that. 

 

 

And when Eunbi says annoying, it feels like what's about to happen now. She arrives at work with Hyewon is already there but she doesn't have any slightest idea, the blonde is hiding behind the door of the employee's room, waiting for the perfect timing to surprise the life out of Eunbi. 

 

Eunbi greeted her boss with a smile then proceed to greet Yujin who's already on the counter. She then made her way to the employee's room while humming, clueless from what's waiting for her. 

The moment she opened the door, the blonde's smirk gets wider. Hyewon doesn't know why she's doing this but one thing for sure, she likes seeing Eunbi's reaction it's just too funny for her. 

 

“WAAAAAH!!!!” Hyewon shouted loudly, appearing quickly before Eunbi's eyes that taken's the Crown Princess is a real shock. 


“AHHH  PEASAAAANT!!!” Eunbi shouted in complete annoyance. 
Hyewon laughs her out when Eunbi falls down on the floor because of her antics. What just happened in front of her is a really funny thing. If the Crown Princess just saw her face, she's probably laughing too. 

 

Eunbi glared deeply after seeing the familiar face of the blonde. What made her blood boils is Hyewon just continued laughing instead of helping her to stand up from the floor. This peasant will really ask for a smack on her head. Eunbi's near giving her that. 

 

“Why are you glaring at me like you want to kill me?” Hyewon asked, holding her stomach while stifling herself to laugh again, “Do you?” She asked again after the Crown Princess just go on glaring at her whole existence. 

 

Instead of answering Eunbi just scoffed. She's about to stand up on her own however, Hyewon offered her hand to her a sign that she'll help her. When the Crown Princess' about to reach for Hyewon's hand, the blonde grinned at her before retreating her hand away. 

 

“You're annoying,” Eunbi hissed. 


“Thank you,” Hyewon chuckled then she offered her hand again. The Crown Princess just gazes at her hand for too long, trying to calculate if the blonde is clowning her again. But, after several minutes of Hyewon not doing anything but stared at her and wait for her to take her hand, Eunbi decided to reach for Hyewon's hand and she almost releases smoke when the blonde retreated her hand for the second time. 

 

“I think I might just smack your head,” Eunbi uttered, she rolled her eyes after seeing that Hyewon isn't even listening to her words but instead the girl's busy looking at her phone with a smile on her face. 

 

“Oooops, someone's calling, need to answer this one,” Hyewon smirk at her then she left Eunbi alone in the employee's room still on the floor and unable to complain again. 

 

“If any deity can hear me, let that peasant trip while she walks,” Eunbi mumbles angrily, dusting off her uniform after she finally stands up. She then headed her way out of the employee's room, her eyes quickly met Hyewon's orbs. The blonde shrugged at her stupidly before she continued cleaning some tables as if she did nothing earlier. 

 

“Annoying,” The Crown Princess rolled her eyes as she heads her way to the service station. 

 

 

. . . . .

 

 

“Ya! Peasant!” 

 

Yujin released a heavy sigh after hearing a loud shout from the Crown Princess. It's the usual thing again, Hyewon annoying Eunbi just like the few days. This time, she stole Eunbi's left shoe leaving the Crown Princess walking with one foot as her other feet is bend on the air. Yujin still finds this unusual, why? Because she hasn't seen this energetic behavior of Hyewon's. That precisely left her wondering what miracle happened between the two. 

 

“Give that to me!” Eunbi shouted at the top of her lungs, the veins on her neck can already be seen but the blonde doesn't give a about it. Instead of giving back the shoe to the Crown Princess, Hyewon smirked and run away from her. 

 

“See you at the bus stop, your Highness!” Hyewon teased as she runoff from Eunbi who was left hanging her jaw, bewildered from what just happened as the blonde's figure disappeared from her sight.

 

“Kwangbae at it again,” Yujin chuckled beside her. Eunbi just rolled her eyes, her blood boiling again just thinking of Hyewon's annoying behavior. She's gonna get her revenge later. 

 

“Kwangbae? Is that her another name?” She asked, not realizing that she already place her foot on the cold ground. 

 

Yujin nodded her head, “Yep, I called her that most of the time, it came from Yena-unnie, and I already adopted it.”

 

“I see,” Eunbi muttered, she began to walk her way to the bus stop with her barefoot and with Yujin beside her. “Wait, why are you going with me? Your route is opposite to us.” The Crown Princess as she halted on her step. 

 

Yujin smiled at her, “I'll walk you to the bus stop, unnie,” She said, Eunbi gave her a smile as they started walking but the Crown Princess stop in her way once again when the younger girl snatches the paper bag she's holding it was a gift from Yena. The latter said it was a celebration gift for their friendship which Eunbi founds heart-melting but funny at the same time. 

 

“I'll hold this for you,” Yujin beamed before she walks ahead of the Crown Princess. She didn't mind it and followed the younger. 

 

It didn't take long for them to reach the bus stop since it's not that far from their work. Then, there's Hyewon sitting while grinning from ear to ear while looking at the shoe beside her. Eunbi's reaction is really worth seeing, she's about to release smoke from her nose just like a bull. 

 

“Yujin?” Hyewon asked, mostly to herself after seeing Yujin walks to her way with frowning Eunbi behind her. But the younger heard her, therefore Yujin gifted her a smile before placing Eunbi's paper bag beside her. 

 

“What are you doing here? Isn't your route opposite to us?” She asked. That made the younger chuckled, the two have the same question. 

 

“I just walked Eunbi-unnie here and help her carrying that paper bag,” Yujin stated then the blonde whipped her eyes to the strange paper bag, she blinks her eyes confusedly while staring at the thing beside then back to the younger. 

 

“The paper bag isn't that heavy, so why all of a sudden?” Hyewon muttered, weirded out by Yujin's words. She then stared at the younger for too long that it made the girl uncomfortable by her questioning stare. 

 

“I'll go ahead, unnie.” The younger bidding goodbye because she can't take the stare anymore, feels like it's gonna melt her. “Eunbi-unnie, take care, see you tomorrow!” Yujin added to the Crown Princess before patting softly Eunbi's head. 

 

“Take care too!” Eunbi chuckled waving her hand like a kid to Yujin who just smiled at her as she completely walks to her path. 

 

Hyewon only stared at Yujin's figure until it disappears. She's confused as hell. Her gaze will make you question yourself if you did something wrong that's why Yujin quickly excused herself out. The scene she witnessed makes her confused that pushes her to think. But it was cut off by a loud slap from Eunbi. 

 

“Ya! What was that for?” Hyewon hissed, rubbing her left arm where the Crown Princess palm landed. She won't lie, Eunbi's hand is heavy that it makes her slap kind of have a little sting to the blonde's arm. 

 

“Why would you do that?” The Crown Princess asked out of annoyance. She glared at the blonde but Hyewon only rolled her eyes – see how her mood changes, Eunbi just gritted her teeth. 

 

“Did you really need to slap my arm? It hurts, feels like you have an iron hand.” Hyewon hissed, she felt like leaving Eunbi here again because something on her doesn't sit in, the blonde glared at the short-haired girl who's now confused about the sudden change in her voice it has a glint of annoyance. 

 

Eunbi frowned, “What is your problem? You stole my shoe then you're glaring at me like I did something wrong to you. I should be the angry one here, peasant,” She stated with a matter-of-fact tone while wearing the shoe that Hyewon stole from her. The Crown Princess turns her attention back to the blonde who's now wearing a blank expression on her face. 

 

“So what do you want me to say, your Highness? You're not special so I can be who I am whenever I want and to anybody,” Hyewon snickered as she stands up and waits for the incoming bus. Oh, it's now making Eunbi annoyed. She can't understand why the blonde is acting like the old her. 

 

“Okay, peasant. I just wanted to hear an apology from you because of what you did but here you are acting like an arrogant human. I can't understand your annoying attitude.” Eunbi hissed out of irritation. She doesn't have a long patience and the person with her is pushing her to completely lose her composure. 

 

Hyewon turned her heel then stared blankly at Eunbi who's glaring hardly at her. There is it again, the tension between them. Just like the old days where they started getting in each other's nerves. Just like a kid fighting for something. 


“If you think I am annoying then fine, I don't care what about your opinion. I'm annoying, so what about it?” Hyewon scoffed, crossing her arms and raised her brow, giving the same intensity of blank stare to the Crown Princess. 

 

Eunbi gritted her teeth, “Your attitude really explains everything about you.”

 

Hyewon raised her brow, “What?”

 

“I can finally see why you're living like this.”


“Like what?”


“You're annoying that's why you have few friends. You only care about yourself and never show some care for other people. Maybe if the world will gonna end, you'll only save yourself because that's how you are. A self-centered person.” Eunbi hissed, not backing up with the glare. But her features slowly softens when Hyewon's eyes passed by pain and discomfort expression. And the Crown Pr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter