Five: Imbroglio

Lost in Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 
The small clinking of the spoon after hitting the plate is the only sound coming from the small apartment of the blonde girl and the small breathings that Hyewon and Eunbi made as they were busy eating breakfast, courtesy of Hyewon's cooking skill. 

 

Hyewon noticed how the short-haired girl keeps on stealing glances on her side. She tried to ignore it since she doesn't have the energy to talk early in the morning. But it's getting unbearable for her to ignore since Eunbi keeps on doing that. 

 

“Do you want to say something?” Hyewon asked, finally taking the will to ask since she can feel the short-haired girl won't bother to lead the question. 

 

Eunbi puckered her lips before nodding her head like a small kid.

“Do I really need to work?” She asked, eyes glued on her empty plate not bothering to stare at the blank eyes of the blonde girl. 

 

Hyewon stared at her as if the short-haired girl said something illegal. She stared for a long time that Eunbi almost wants to look at her to check if she's listening, gladly she replied before the Crown Princess do that. 

 

“Yes. It's for your own expenses,” Hyewon shortly replied. 

 

Eunbi now looks up and meets her eyes, “How long?”

 

“As long as you're here. You can stop once you find a way to go back home to your Kingdom,” The blonde girl replied before gulping the coffee in the cup.

 

The short-haired girl stared at her, seems like she said something because the way Eunbi's gaze is boring on her is getting awkward for her. Hyewon doesn't really like the idea of someone staring at her for a long time. 

 

“What?” She asked out of annoyance. 

 

Eunbi shook her head, “I'm glad you believe now that I am a Crown Princess.” She stated, her eyes shining from delightfulness while drinking her glass of warm water. 

 

“But you know, peasant...this clothes of mine is so short....my skin is getting expose, I'm not used in wearing things like this,” Eunbi stated while staring at the shirt and shorts she's wearing.


“It's not short, it's normal here. Get used to it because I won't let you wear hanbok while working.” Hyewon uttered, not even bothering to see how Eunbi glared at her back and just pouted while staring at her milky arms. 

 

“It's still short...” 

 

Hyewon didn't bother to reply instead she started to collect the used plates and head to the sink to wash the dishes. Eunbi only watched the blonde girl clean the table and do the dishes. 

 

“You're gonna work at the same time as me during weekdays. I have class from 7:00 am to 12:00 pm then my work starts from 2:00 pm until 7:00 pm during weekdays,” Hyewon suddenly said and Eunbi listens intently, quietly jotting downs inside her mind what the blonde girl is saying.


“During weekends I don't have work but I can tell my boss if I want to work between that day. And that happens now, we'll go to my work and we will work there for the whole day.” Hyewon added while wiping her wet hands on the dry towel hanging on the handle of the refrigerator. 

 

She looked at Eunbi and what surprised her is she saw how the short-haired girl wrote something on the small notebook. Hyewon raised her brow as she tried to familiarize that small notebook but as far as she knows, she doesn't own things like that. 

 

“Where did you get that?” She asked, pertaining to the notebook Eunbi's writing on.

 

The short-haired girl looked at her before smiling, “Yena gave it to me last night. She said I can use this for important things.”

 

Hyewon only nodded her head before remembering something that she wanted to ask the Crown Princess. 


“Do you know how to read time in an analog clock?” Hyewon asked and when Eunbi looked at her full of confusion, she already knows the answer to her question. 

 

Eunbi could only do is watch Hyewon paces inside her room. She can even hear the rummaging from the other room and after some minutes the blonde girl came back while holding something unfamiliar to the Crown Princess. 

 

Hyewon then made her way to Eunbi without even uttering a word. The Crown Princess was taken aback after the blonde girl takes her hand and started attaching something on her wrist, Eunbi could only observe Hyewon who's busy fastening a foreign thing on her wrist. 

 

“Now listen,” Hyewon stated after she's done. “This is a digital wristwatch,” She added while pointing on the watch on the short-haired girl's wrist. The Crown Princess stared at the wristwatch on her wrist with awe, her eyes are screaming so much amusement and confusion at the same time. 

 

“I think I know you can read numbers. The left one is pertaining to an hour and the right one is the minutes, while the small numbers beside the minutes are called seconds.” Hyewon started explaining to the Crown Princess. She begins to teach the short-haired girl about how to look at the time, giving some examples like their working hours. 
Eunbi stared at her while nodding her head, trying to understand what Hyewon's saying even though it's unusual to her. 

 

“Did you get it?” Hyewon asked after she's done explaining to the short-haired girl. 

 

Eunbi nodded her head, thank God that she is not a slow learner or else Hyewon will quickly give up teaching her. 

 

“Now, what time does it say?” The blonde asked, testing if the short-haired girl really learned. She looked at Eunbi and for the short time, Hyewon's lips made a thin smile after observing how the Crown Princess's forehead frowned as she focused and tried to read the time. 

 

“08:22 am,” Eunbi muttered softly, she looked at Hyewon who's beside her and it made the Crown Princess smiled after seeing Hyewon nodded her head to say she got it correctly. 

 

“Now, let's go to work,” Hyewon said and collects her backpack, Eunbi followed her as they went out of the apartment. 

 

On their way inside the bus, people are crowded inside the vehicle that results in both of them standing with the other passengers. Hyewon looked at Eunbi, she sighed after seeing how the short-haired girl struggles on holding on the bus grab handle. 

 

“Hold on tight, you'll gonna lose your balance,” Hyewon mumbles and pulled Eunbi's hand to reach the grab handle so she won't fall when the bus stops. 

 

“It's going to fast,” Eunbi mumbles to her, still struggling to hold on the grab handle. 


Hyewon glanced at her, “Just bear with it for a few minutes. You don't have a choice,” 

 

Eunbi only sighed before holding tightly to the grab handle with her eyes sometimes stealing glances to Hyewon who's now busy listening to music with her earphones plugged in. 

 


. . . . .

 


“Good morning, boss!” Hyewon greeted as soon as they stepped inside the restaurant that is still empty since it's still not open. Eunbi followed her quietly while her eyes are scanning the whole place, she really needs to get used to seeing different things since she's not in her time. 

 

“Hyewon-ah, good morning! Glad you made it today!” Her boss greeted her with a soft hug and patted Hyewon's head like a kid. 

 

Hyewon grinned, “This the person I am talking about to you yesterday, she's Kwon Eunbi. Will it be too much if she starts today might serve as her training too?” 


Eunbi's eyes widened while staring at Hyewon's boss. Her face is so familiar and the Crown Princess can't be wrong. It's her Teacher! 

 

Her boss shook her head, “It's fine,” She then looked at Eunbi who's staring at her with surprise written on her face, “Eunbi-ssi, don't be shy around the people here, okay? Hyewon will be the one who's gonna teach you around since she said she will be responsible for you. It's a good idea that you work here today since my two employees can't make it today.”

 

Eunbi looked at Hyewon but the blonde girl just shrugged at her. Then she looked back at their boss who really looks like her Teacher. She can't be wrong, they look like each other. 

 

“Come on, follow me I'm gonna give you the uniform you're gonna use,” Their boss said, the short-haired quietly followed her while Hyewon went to the employee's room to get her own uniform in her locker. 

 

“Teacher...it's Eunbi, don't you remember me?” The Crown Princess suddenly asked after the two of them are alone inside the Boss' office. 

 

“I'm sorry? This is the first time I met you, Eunbi-ssi.” Their boss said while smiling softly, she then gives the short-haired girl her uniform. 

 

Eunbi only stared at her Teacher who is now her boss. She sighed then nodded her head, looks like she can't recognize the Crown Princess but she's sure that this is her Teacher. 

 

After Eunbi changes into her uniform, she made her way in the dining area of the restaurant. There, Hyewon is already waiting for her, also wearing her own uniform. 


“Hi! I'm Ahn Yujin, I'm working as a part-timer here too! Looking forward to working with you and I can also be your friend.” A taller girl stated that catches her attention. Eunbi stared at the said girl and she's taller than Hyewon and her bangless hair makes her prettier and presentable while wearing the same uniform with her. 

 

“I'm Eunbi...” She stated and then Yujin reached for her hand, the taller girl started shaking it with her hand with a smile on her face. 

 

“Let me tour you first,” Hyewon said and Eunbi just followed the blonde girl leaving Yujin alone in the counter. It's still one hour before the opening of the restaurant so, they still have time to prepare. 

 

“This is the counter, where the customer pays for their order. You're still new so you won't be assigned here.” Hyewon stated and the Crown Princess nodded her head. 

 

Then the blonde proceeds to introduce the other parts of the restaurant to Eunbi, she even told her about the employee's room. 

 

“Lastly, the service bar where all your beverages are being prepared,” Hyewon stated while pointing it for Eunbi to see, “ Then this is the dispatching counter where all prepared foods are ready to serve,” She added while pointing at the counter beside the service bar. 

 

The blonde then faced Eunbi who's taking notes of everything she said with her small notebook that she brings with her. She's like a diligent student that is listening well to her Professor. 

 

“Now listen again,” Hyewon stated that gets the attention of the short-haired girl, “Because you're still new, the only thing you'll gonna do are serve the order to the customer, clean the table after they finished eating, and mop the dining area if you have

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter