Ten: Afraid

Lost in Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yena frowned deeply, her eyes keep following Hyewon who’s walking back and forth in the garden at the back of the hospital – she could feel that the taller girl will cause the dizziness in her system. She keeps her gaze on her best friend for a little while, but she couldn’t take it anymore.

 

 

With a small sigh, Yena picked up a small branch of the plant and throw it to Hyewon.

“Can you please stop walking like you’re carrying the whole world on your shoulder?” She hissed, Yena doesn’t even know why her best friend is acting like that. Like Hyewon’s in big trouble and she’s thinking of a solution to get out of it.

 

 

Hyewon gave her a look, the look the Yena already knows that she has a problem. Yena clicked her tongue, she doesn’t have an idea why her dummy friend is acting like this.

 

 

“Okay…” Yena crossed her arms, “Tell me what’s going on inside your mind…”

 

Hyewon bites her lips, “It’s Eunbi…”

 

 

Just like that, Yena quickly fixed her posture – her back already in a straight manner and her legs are already crossed. Did she hear it wrong?

 

“Come again,” She uttered. Yena didn’t expect to hear it from Hyewon, she thought that the older is still in her denial phase. But, suddenly she’s saying it like it was nothing.

 

 

Hyewon clicked her tongue, she then takes up space beside Yena.

“It’s about Eunbi,” She sighed as if she’s in a deep problem, judging by how her forehead shows a large frown

 

“What about her?” Yena asked. Does this mean that her best friend realized things?

 

 

Hyewon fiddles with her fingers, she can’t understand why she’s acting like this. I mean, she doesn’t care about other people’s business as long as it won’t affect her. But, why is her stomach suddenly turning upside down?

 

Earlier, she wouldn’t deny that she gets a good sleep. Therefore, being in a good mood, Hyewon decided to take a morning walk outside the hospital. On her way back, her phone suddenly vibrates and she didn’t expect that Eunbi will message her early in the morning.

 

Well, Hyewon didn’t either expect the context of the message after reading it. She keeps staring at her phone while her feet are glued to the pavement.

 

Princess:

- Good morning, peasant! :]

- You won’t come back today, right?

- Just asking because I won’t be at the apartment for the whole day.

- I’m going out with Sian for today. Send my regards to Chaewonie, bye bye~

 

 

After Hyewon explained everything to her best friend, instead of an answer – she was gifted with a blank stare from Yena. She couldn’t even comprehend that kind of expression’s she receiving from her, before Hyewon can even ask anything, Yena outran her from dropping a question.

 

 

“So, are you bothered that Eunbi is going out with Sian?” Yena asked, trying to hide the excitement and teasing on her face. She waited for her best friend to answer, Hyewon looks like having difficulty finding an answer – just from the way how her forehead frowned deeply and her eyes flinches.

 

But Yena internally screamed after hearing Hyewon’s answer.

 

 

“Yes…”

 

 

She can’t wait to share this information with Yujin.

 

 

“But, I don’t know why I have this annoying feeling inside my chest just by thinking of it,” Hyewon added with a small sigh.

 

 

Yena smirked on her spot, should she say it directly? Or beat around the bush and let the other girl discover things on her own. But being here, she picked the first one.

 

 

“Remember what I told you last time with that unknown feeling of yours?” Yena asked and Hyewon nodded her head, “That’s what you are feeling,” She grinned.

 

 

Hyewon glared at her, “What the hell? How many times I am gonna tell you that I don’t like her? Are you crazy?” She scoffed. Still in her denial stage.

 

 

Yena didn’t bother to argue with that because she knows how hardheaded her best friend is. Therefore, she stands up while grinning at the frowning Hyewon.

 

 

“It’s fine, I told you. You’re still on the denial stage, but if ever you wanted to know the location where Eunbi and Sian going to hangout– you can ask me, I’ll tell you.” Yena winks before leaving Hyewon on the bench, humming happily as she walks her way to Chaewon’s ward.

 

 

There’s no hope if she keeps on pushing her best friend, Yena knew Hyewon will come at her realizations and she couldn’t wait for that.  

 

But Yena knew there’s something else lying on Hyewon’s eyes – it’s fear.

 

 

 

//

 

 

 

“Hi,” Sian gets out of her car and opened the passenger for Eunbi, they decided to meet up at the bar where the princess works because it’s the only placed they have known in common. Eunbi doesn’t even know the address of Hyewon’s apartment that’s why when Sian volunteered to pick her up – she couldn’t give it. Therefore, they end up here.

 

 

Eunbi smiles, “Hi,” She uttered bowing her head timidly before she entered the other girl’s car.

 

She watched Sian sit comfortably on the driver’s seat, the raven-haired girl looked at her after noticing that she hasn’t worn her seatbelt. Sian leaned towards the princess to put on her seatbelt but Eunbi flinched away causing her to stopped midway.

 

 

“Oh, I’m just going to help you with your seatbelt,” Sian chuckles, “I’m sorry, looks like you don’t like someone stepping in your own space.” She added, a little bit hurt from how Eunbi retreated after she leaned closer.

 

 

Eunbi hummed, “It’s fine, it’s just adrenaline,” She chuckled and let Sian fixed her seatbelt while her eyes are on her phone. Should she text Hyewon to tell her that she already met with Sian?

 

 

“Done!” The raven-haired grinned, “Now where to?”

 

 

Eunbi’s about to answer but her stomach did eat for her with a loud grumble. They laughed because of that.

 

 

Sian chuckles, “We should fill that stomach first,”

 

 

 

//

 

 

 

“Are you sure you don’t want to order another food?” Sian trailed her eyes on Eunbi who is sitting across her. The princess shook her head as she set her eyes on her plate that only contains a blueberry cheesecake and iced coffee. She didn’t order that much because it wasn’t her money she’s going to pay for it. That would be embarrassing on the princess’s side if she’ll get many orders and others would pay for it.

 

 

“Where do you want to go after this?” Sian asked once again, scooping a small amount of cheesecake on her spoon before feeding it to .

 

 

Eunbi tried to think about a place but ended up with nothing, she still doesn’t know lots of places here. “I’m still not familiar in this place, maybe it’s better if you’re the one who’s going to decide.”

 

 

Sian chuckled, it was too cute for her how the other girl pouted while explaining to her. Nodding her head after thinking of a good place where she knows that Eunbi will enjoy it.

 

“Let’s go to the amusement park,” Sian suggested and Eunbi’s eyes shine excitedly after she mentioned that. The other girl couldn’t help but chuckle at the child-like behavior of the princess. It’s as if hasn’t gone to the amusement park.

 

 

As soon as they finished eating and paid for their order, they went out with a smile on their face. Well, their stomach is full, who wouldn’t be happy with that?

 

 

“You ready to go?” Sian grinned and Eunbi nodded excitedly. They walk to the raven girl’s car but before they can manage to enter the car, they stopped after seeing Hyewon standing beside it.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter