Eleven: A Lil bit of Candid

Lost in Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hyewon thought it was easy. The blonde never thought it would be this hard to ignore her feelings for the princess. She thought once she buried what she feels, then she can forget about it that quickly.

But she was wrong all along. Hyewon thinks once she ignores it, she won’t feel anything. But every time she’s with Eunbi, her heart will go crazy as if it will get out of its ribcage. She can also notice how she keeps on staring at the princess, oh, how many times did Yujin caught her by doing that. The embarrassment just creeps on her cheek after getting caught.

 

Did I say that her heart also goes crazy whenever she spots Eunbi and Sian together? It wasn’t a good kind of crazy. She can’t do anything about it since they haven’t made up – you read it right, it’s been almost two weeks but the two of them are just giving cold shoulders to each other.

 

Even Yena’s getting stressed after hearing that. Because Hyewon’s always ranting about it to her, and yes, she already knew that her best friend likes the princess. It slipped out from the blonde’s tongue. It even took hours of pestering Hyewon before she tells the truth to Yena.  

 

 

“So what now?” Yena asked, glancing at Hyewon’s who’s lazily lying on her couch – with her hoodie on. She’s in her apartment right now. It’s just the two of them here, well, Eunbi’s still not home.

 

“What?” Hyewon lazily replied. Eyes never leaving the monitor of her phone just to focus on winning in the game she’s playing.

 

“Are you going to continue being like that?” Yena sighed, hands moving swiftly on the phone of her screen while playing the same game with Hyewon, “I mean, you’ll let Eunbi and Sian go closer to each other? And let the two of you continue giving cold shoulders to each other?” She added.

 

Hyewon stopped functioning for a minute, maybe to think but she just ends up shrugging since she doesn’t know what to reply.

 

“Okay, your life, your choice.” Yena uttered, “How about your feelings? Will you do anything about it?” She added once again.

 

Hyewon sighed. Honestly, she doesn’t know that’s why she can’t bring herself to answer her best friend. It’s her first time feeling this way and oh well, she isn’t good at handling things like this.

 

“I don’t know,” She muttered softly, “I thought it would be easy if I ignore it, but it’s getting harder especially that we’re living on the same roof,” How funny? Hyewon never thought she will like someone; it wasn’t on her plan. Be it with someone who’s living with her and from another timeline.

 

“Should I kick her out?” Hyewon asked, “Just kidding!” She quickly added after seeing Yena’s reaction when she said that. Her best friend doesn’t know how to distinguish jokes from serious statements.

 

Yena hummed, “You know, just let it go. Because the more you ignore your feelings, the more it will grow bigger.” That’s proven and tested.

 

“Yeah. Thanks, Choi.” Hyewon stands up before throwing a pillow on Yena’s face which earns a growl from her best friend, “I’ll just buy some snacks for us,” She said before storming out of her apartment.

 

“Buy some chickens and cola!” Yena shouted before she can even leave.

 

 

//

 

 

Hyewon stared at the banana milk for a long whole minute, having an internal conflict if she should take it or just leave it. But in the end, she bought six pieces of it – with her hand scratching the back of her neck.

 

She’s already walking back to the apartment but it suddenly started to rain lightly. Hyewon then pulls up her hoodie on her head and continued walking calmly – not even bothered by the drizzle peacefully pouring down.

 

Hyewon then saw Eunbi walking on the same sidewalk with her. When did she even start walking here? But she shook it off, there’s still another question in her mind. Why is she walking here alone? She knows that Eunbi went with Sian today, that’s what the princess said to her. The blonde didn’t ask anything because why would she? It wasn’t her place to do that.

 

She shook her head seeing the princess letting herself get damp from the light rain. Hyewon had an internal conflict once again if she should approach Eunbi or just walk behind the princess. And still, in the end, Hyewon approaches the princess before placing the handkerchief on Eunbi’s head that caught the princess off guard.

 

The shocked princess looked at her and slowly gets confused about what she’s doing on her head.

 

“You’ll get sick even if it’s just a light rain,” Hyewon said when Eunbi looked at her. “Cover that handkerchief on your head,” She added before letting go of her.

 

Eunbi blinks her eyes but held the handkerchief on her head before following Hyewon.

 

They just walk in silence. Not until Hyewon asked Eunbi.

 

“Why are walking alone? Where’s your friend?”

 

“Sian dropped me two shops away from the convenient store,” Eunbi stated.

 

“Ah, I see… She shouldn’t give you’re a ride home if she won’t even drop you at the apartment,” Hyewon tched, not even hiding the dislike in the tone of her voice.

 

“She said an emergency came up,” Eunbi added.

 

Hyewon scoffed, “Yeah sure. But that doesn’t change the fact that she should drop you outside the apartment,”

 

Eunbi didn’t say anything after that, she just keeps walking until they are at the entrance of the apartment. Hyewon breathed deeply as she gathered her courage.

 

“Eunbi,” She started.

 

The princess looked at her after hearing her name. Hyewon just called her name. Was it the first time? She doesn’t know, but it’s nice hearing it from the blonde especially from the soft way Hyewon delivered it.

 

“Why?” The princess asked.

 

Hyewon stared at her. Suddenly, Eunbi feels that her feet are glued on the ground, she can’t even move her feet from the way that Hyewon is looking intently at her.

 

“I’m sorry,” There. Hyewon made it, she finally said it.

 

The princess stared at her in confusion but soon enough she realized why the blonde’s apologizing.

 

“Don’t get me wrong. I’m just worried about you that time, it wasn’t my intention to make you feel that I don’t like you – I don’t hate you,” Hyewon added, eyes never leaving Eunbi.

 

The princess nodded, “So, you like me?” She asked innocently but it made Hyewon’s eyes widened.

 

“Of course not!” Hyewon shouted, denying Eunbi’s question, “I mean – I don’t hate you,” She gulped.

 

Eunbi tilted her head, “But you just said you don’t like me?”

 

Hyewon gulped again, “Okay…” She bites her lips, “Just believe me, I don’t hate you. End of talk,” She said with finality in her voice as her cheeks started heating up when Eunbi released a smile.

 

“Okay, good to know,” The princess said.

 

Hyewon looked at her, “Are we good now?” She hesitantly asked.

 

“Hmmm,” Eunbi hummed as she tried to tease the blonde, “Let me think,”

 

 

Hyewon checked her phone after she feels its vibration. She rolled her eyes while reading Yena’s message.

 

Ducky:

- Hey Kang! I need to go home, sorry can’t stay for the night :P

- Just eat the chicken you buy for me; I’ll pay for it on Monday.

- Anyway, made up with Eunbi-unnie please! PLEASE >:’)

 

 

Hyewon just shook her head before putting her phone back in her pocket. She stared at the princess who’s all smiley because of the banana milk she gave. Cute.

 

“Hey princess!” She called.

 

“Me?” Eunbi asked. This is the first time Hyewon called her that. So, she’s making sure if it’s really for her.

 

“Of course, who else?” Hyewon chuckles, “Pose there, I’ll take a picture of you,” She added. Even if confused, Eunbi followed as the blonde told her – she posed.

 

After Hyewon’s done with it, she sends the photo to Eunbi’s.

 

“Is that enough for a bribe?” The blonde said after giving two pieces of banana milk to the princess.

 

Eunbi eyes shined while staring at the banana milk in her hand. She looked at Hyewon before releasing a grin, “More than enough,”

 

//

 

 

Yena chuckles in her seat while staring at her best friend who’s frowning so hard while staring at the newly arrive Sian at the restaurant. She sipped the drink she ordered and ready herself for the things she’s about to witness.

 

Hyewon came to her table and placed the food she ordered. Her best friend looked at her with a scowl after seeing her grinning face, “What?”

 

Yena chuckles, “Can you smile? Why are you frowning so hard?” She teased even though she already knows why.

 

“Something came and just by looking at it, it makes my blood boils,” Hyewon scoffed bluntly, Yena shook her head – funny how she sees her best friend’s jealous for the first time.

 

“Sian’s a good person,” Yena stated.

 

Hyewon yawns, “So? I’m not asking. I still don’t like her,” She said after placing all the orders.

 

“Eunbi’s walking to her table,” Yena stated and it made Hyewon look. She glanced at her best friend to see her reaction and it didn’t pass her eyes seeing Hyewon scoffed after seeing Eunbi and Sian talking to each other – all smiley.

 

“You should start doing something before Sian wins this,” Yena chuckles while munching some meat. It’s perfectly melting inside .

 

“This isn’t a race,” Hyewon scoffed.

 

“Just saying, we can see that Sian’s interested with Eunbi-unnie, am I wrong?” Yena asked, “And you’re losing this. Stop being a tsundere and do something about your feelings! Own it up! it up–” Yena didn’t finish her words when Hyewon placed a big piece of meat inside and walks away. The ducky just glared at her best friend.

 

 

Hyewon shakes her head when she saw Yena still glaring at her. She looked at Eunbi who arrive back at the counter, looks like she finished getting Sian’s order.

 

“Hey princess,” She said and Eunbi looked at her, “I’ll serve Sian’s order,” She smiled.

 

“Okay?” Eunbi nodded her head, doesn’t know what to react ‘coz why did Hyewon volunteer? As far as she knows, the blonde doesn’t like the raven-haired girl. Oh well, maybe she’s befriending her.

 

After some minutes, Hyewon takes the tray to serve Sian’s order. She headed to the girl’s table who is busy browsing on her phone. Hyewon places the plate on the table with a loud thud – enough for Sian to notice her presence. The girl stared at her with confusion.

 

“Here’s your order ma’am,” Hyewon released a fake smile to the girl. She then placed the juice with a loud thud once again and it somehow surprised Sian. Hyewon chuckled inside. That’s funny.

 

“Did I forgot something, ma’am?” Hyewon asked nicely but she’s grinning inside after seeing how the girl is stopping herself to get annoyed. “Oh the spoon and fork, let me get it,” She added.

 

Hyewon came back with a spoon and fork in her hand. She placed it on the table with a loud thud again, causing Sian to get shocked again – followed by the fork with a loud thud.

 

“Do you still need something, ma’am?” Hyewon asked nicely.

 

Sian clenched her jaw, “No, you can leave, before I get annoyed,” Muttering the last sentence – enough for Hyewon to hear.

 

“Okay, ma’am. I don’t like seeing your face too,” Hyewon mumbles the last sentence too, smirking before leaving the table. She glanced at Yena who’s curious about what they’re talking about, Hyewon chuckled and stick her tongue out to her best friend.

 

After a wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter