Three: Trapped

Lost in Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


Eunbi nodded her head frantically, “So, what will happen if the hourglass is turned sideways?”


Hyewon frowned before answering,

“The time stops ticking,”


The Crown Princess inhales deeply, “The hourglass I used for transportation turns sideways, yeah just like the infinity you're talking about,”


Eunbi gulped down while staring at the blonde's eyes. Hyewon then slowly realized what the short-haired girl is telling her. 


“Wait, don't tell me...” 


Hyewon didn't finish her words because Eunbi did it for her. 

 

“Yes, I think I am stuck here,”


Hyewon blinks her eyes rapidly while staring at the short-haired girl in front of her. Her mind processing what she just said, she doesn't know if she'll believe her. But her face is serious and her eyes are panicking that made Hyewon to almost believe it. 


“So, you're telling me that you are from the past, and since the hourglass you used turns sideways, you are stuck here,” Hyewon uttered, repeating what Eunbi just said. 


The Crown Princess nodded her head frantically, she got confused when the blonde girl started laughing while pacing back and forth. She could only watch her do that. 


“Wait, I'm not from the past. It's still 1620. What are you saying, peasant?” Eunbi uttered. 


Hyewon rolled her eyes, “I'm having a hard time believing you, weirdo. But you said you are from 1620.”


Eunbi nodded her head in agreement. 


“Sorry to burst your bubble but it's 2020,” Hyewon said, massaging her temple. She feels like she's getting a headache because of this. 


Eunbi's about to argue that it's 1620 but the blonde girl already stopped her from doing that.


“Oh come on! I told you it's 2020!” Hyewon sighed in frustration, her patience is reaching its limit while talking to this strange girl. She could feel her blood slowly boiling, she doesn't have enough patience. 


“But...” Eunbi mumbles but stopped when Hyewon glared at her. 


“I don't know if you are telling the truth or you are just in drugs and needs rehabilitation. But weirdo, it's really 2020.” The blonde girl uttered, calmly this time. Because she hopes that the girl in front of her will understand. 


Hyewon then looked at her wristwatch, her eyes widened while seeing the time. 


“Oh ! It's 6:45! I'm getting late for my exams!” Hyewon quickly puts on her shoes while the Crown Princess is just watching her moves frantically. 


“Don't touch me!” Eunbi shouted when the blonde reached for her arms and dragged her outside of the apartment. 


Hyewon rolled her eyes at the strange girl before locking her door.  She glanced at the weird girl who's just watching her do her thing.


“Why are you doing that?” The Crown Princess asked. 


“To avoid anyone from invading my apartment,” Hyewon uttered. She looked at the weirdo girl, she sighed before getting the banana milk on her hand and handed it to Eunbi.


“Just go home,” The blonde girl uttered while looking at the Crown Princess. 


“If you said it's 2020, how can I get home?” Eunbi asked after getting the banana milk from her, hoping that the blonde girl will give her an answer.


“It's not my problem anymore,” Hyewon hissed before walking away from the Crown Princess who also frowned from her attitude. 


Hyewon glanced at the strange girl, she shakes her head after seeing her staring at her. The blonde then put her earphone on as she made her way to her university. 

 


. . . . .

 


Yena looked at the chair beside her, it's still empty and they are already starting their exam but her best friend is still not here. 


“I should have called her earlier and asked if she already arrives,” Yena muttered while looking blankly at her exam papers. She doesn't even have the will to answer it since she doesn't know the answers. 


“Ma'am, I'm sorry I am late, I got into a mess earlier” 


Yena quickly whipped her head on the door, there she saw Hyewon panting hardly while looking at their Professor. 


“It's your first time being late in this kind of situation. Don't repeat it again,” The professor said before handing Hyewon the exam paper. 


Hyewon muttered an apology again before making her way towards her seat. She glanced at Yena who's already looking at her, confusion is written on her eyes. 


“What? You don't have an answer?” Hyewon asked lowly while scribbling her name on the paper.


Yena rolled her eyes, “Why are you late? It's so not you.”


Hyewon sighed before glancing at her friend. 


“Later,” She mumbles before she started answering their exam, Yena could only nod her head and focused on her paper again. 

 

 

“Now, why are you late? It's not so you,” Yena stated as soon as she placed her tray of foods in the table they are occupying in the cafeteria. 


Hyewon sighed after sitting down. 

“The strange girl,” She stared. 


Yena raised her brow, “What about her?”


“She appeared again in my bathroom, just this morning,” Hyewon stated that made Yena stopped on her tracks.


The ash-gray haired girl frowned at her before slowly putting down her spoon on the plate. 

“The one who said that she's living in 1620?” She asked and the blonde girl nodded her head. 


“Yeah, she also said that earlier. She even told me that she's stuck here because something happened to the hourglass she's using.” Hyewon scoffed while munching her food, she didn't even bother to care about her best friend's expression. 


“Did you get her name?” The ash-gray haired girl asked. 


Hyewon frowned at her, “Why?”


“Tell me her name,” Yena uttered before fishing out her phone from her pocket. 


“Eunbi....” Hyewon uttered. 


“Eunbi what?” 


“Kwon Eunbi, that's what she said.” Hyewon scoffed. There's something wrong on after saying that name, but why would she even care. 


She just watched Yena scrolled on her phone, Hyewon rolled her eyes before continuing to eat her own food. 


“Why are you even curious about that weirdo?” She asked, forehead creasing. 


Yena looked at her, “Kang, she doesn't have any social media accounts.” 


The blonde girl raised her brow before showing her expression that she doesn't even care. 


“Oh? That's not my problem. I don't think she has a phone.” Hyewon scoffed. 


“Where is she?” Yena asked.


Hyewon looked at her before shrugging, “I told her to go home.”


The ash-gray haired girl facepalmed at her, she can't believe this genius friend of her is acting like a dumb human for the first time. 


“Ya, how will she go home if she's from the past?” Yena scoffed. 


“She might get lost,” Yena added. 


“I told you, it isn't my problem anymore,”


Hyewon frowned at her, “And you're believing that she's from the past? You haven't even seen her.”

The blonde girl stated, yeah, why would her friend even believe that? From a stranger? Tsk.


“Hyewon, do you feel that she's joking around when she said that to you?” 


“I don't know. Maybe, she's on drugs,”


Yena rolled her eyes at her friend, she sighed before gives up on explaining it to the blonde girl. Hyewon's kind of hard to believe things easily and she won't really believe you if you don't give her proof. Additionally, she won't really care because it's really not her problem. 


“But Kang, what if she's really from the past? She said she can't go back.” Yena asked once again. 


She looked at Hyewon, trying to see if she can change her mind but she could only roll her eyes after seeing her best friend pretending not to hear her. 


“You don't have any conscience,” She scoffed.


“And again, it's not my problem anymore,” Hyewon stated plainly before standing up after she finished her food. 


“Ya, wait for me!” Yena shouted before munching her food. 


“Faster, we only have 20 minutes before the next exam,” Hyewon uttered, flailing her hands on the air while walking to the cafeteria's exit. Not even bothering to wait for her best friend. 


“She's kinda annoying sometimes,” Yena scoffed while stuffing the food on and brought her drink with her as she runs after Hyewon. 

 


. . . . .

 


Eunbi roamed her eyes around, she could feel the stares she's receiving from the people around the street she's walking. 


“The structures are....so wow...” Eunbi uttered while looking up at the high buildings around the area. She even looked at the chamber of that rude girl and it's really tall too. 


But her eyes are expressing so much amazement and confusion from the objects she's seeing right now.
There are no carriages here, all she can see are the small vehicle and some large one. 


“The transportation is really different here,” 


Eunbi then went to a girl standing at the bus stop. She gulped down before getting her attention. 


“Uh, can I ask something? What year is it now?” She asked. 


The girl then stared at her for a long time, eyeing her clothes before blinking her eyes as if she's confused. 


“It's in 2020.” The girl just answered, still staring at her as if she's some weirdo.


“Thank you,” Eunbi uttered before walking mindlessly. 


‘I know I am lovely, they keep on staring at me' Eunbi thought while gripping tightly the banana milk that the rude girl gives to her earlier. 


“Oh, we stumble three times but I still don't know the name of that girl. Whatever, I'll just continue calling her peasant.” Eunbi muttered on herself. 


She stopped on her tracks when some kids bump her causing her to stumble on the ground. 


“How could you be so careless?” Eunbi hissed at the kids while slowly standing up and looked at the kids.


“Look at these impolite children. Did your parents ever told you to ask for forgiveness after doing something bad?” Eunbi hissed again after the kids just passed by her as if nothing happened. 


Eunbi looked at her hand and it has scratches, clearly from the way she falls on the girl with her hand going first. 


“How ill-mannered.” She scoffed picking up the banana milk on the ground, completely ignoring the light stinging of the wound on her hand. 

 


. . . .

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter