Two: Infinity Hourglass

Lost in Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Eunbi stirs up from her deep sleep after feeling a strong aching in her head. Her eyes slowly open but she quickly closed it after the sunlight hits her face. 


“Your Highness, I'm glad you are finally awake,”


Eunbi forcefully opened her eyes after hearing Sakura's voice. She stared at her guard who has her arms placed on her back while leaning on the wooden post inside her chamber. 


Eunbi then frowned after another sting on her head exist, causing her to groan. But her eyes widened after she remembered what happened to her last night. 


“How did I end up here back in my chamber?” She asked Sakura. 

“Your Highness, a eunuch saw you lying outside the forbidden house last night.” Her guard said that made her sit up all of a sudden. 


A frown is visible on her forehead. She doesn't recall how she ends up here, all she can remember is that peasant who doesn't respect her. 

Eunbi smirked, she needs to talk to her father about that peasant so she will get punished for how she acts to the Crown Princess. 


“I need to find that peasant. She's probably around outside the palace. She will get what she deserves.” Eunbi hissed while a devilish smirk formed on her face. 


Sakura looked at her with confusion, she can't understand who's the person the Crown Princess talking about. 


“Who's that peasant?” She asked but the Crown Princess shook her head. 

“What are you even doing there?” Her guard added but the Crown Princess just closed her eyes to think. 


“Uh,” Eunbi looked at her guard. 

She's hesitating if she should tell what happened to her last night. But before she can even decide, her guard talks again. 


“Your Highness, the Queen already knew about it. To tell you, she is furious after she heard what happened to you.” Sakura stated that made the Crown Princess sighed. 


Eunbi gulps down, the last thing that she wanted to happen is her mother stepping in her chamber while giving her a glare and lots of scolds. 

If it's the King, it's okay because Eunbi knows her Father will try to listen to her which is opposite to the Queen.
She can feel the discomfort slowly crawling in her whole body. 


“I should hide somewhere,” Eunbi muttered before standing up. 


Sakura stared at the Crown Princess moving frantically. She sighed when Eunbi can't find a good place to hide inside her chamber.


“Let's go out of here,” The Crown Princess stated while walking towards the door of her chamber. 

But before Sakura can even open the door for her, a voice echoed outside her chamber making Eunbi gulped down.


“Announcing the arrival of her Majesty!”


Eunbi stared at her guard with her eyes widening. She can feel the nervousness slowly echoing inside her chest as she quickly ran towards her bed-chamber. 


The Crown Princess fixed herself and her posture before the Queen could even enter her chamber. As for Sakura, she stood still beside the door to welcome the Queen. 


“Good day, your Majesty,” 
Sakura greeted the Queen before bowing her head. 


The Queen only nodded her head at her, she then looked at Eunbi who is trying not to be nervous especially from the cold stare she's receiving from her Majesty. 


“Mother,” Eunbi greeted with a soft smile. 

Trying to ignore how the Queen's forehead made a creased after she dropped her eyes on her. Eunbi can feel the sudden coldness entering her chamber as the Queen took her steps towards her. 


Eunbi kept the smile on her face as the Queen gets near her. 
With one last step, her Majesty stopped in her front, she stared blankly at Eunbi while the Queen's guard is beside her. 


“Good day, Mother,” Eunbi greeted the Queen while trying to look at her orbs, even though her eyes are quivering in nervousness. 

The Crown Princess' about to open again but before she can even do that, a loud slap echoed in the chamber. 


Sakura stared at Eunbi who's left cheek is red after receiving the slap from the Queen. She feels pity for the Crown Princess. It's always like this when Eunbi does something that she didn't like, this always happened. 

And she can't do anything to help the Crown Princess since it's the Queen. Even when Sakura suggested to Eunbi to tell it to the King, she will only shrug it off and just choose to maintained mum about it. 


Eunbi tried hard not to react from the slap she gets from her Mother. She knew this will happen. 


“Your action is such a disgrace in the Royal Family. I asked your teacher if you attended your class yesterday and you didn't. Then a Eunuch saw you lying on the ground outside that forbidden house. How many times do I have to tell you to act like how you need to? You don't even act like how a Crown Princess should be.” The Queen stated angrily. 


Eunbi could only keep her gaze on the floor while feeling the aching on her cheeks. 


“Act like a Princess, you will soon get to meet the Prince that you will gonna marry. You will be the next Queen who will lead this palace, so be responsible from now on.” 


“Stop being a humiliation in our family,” The Queen added before leaving Eunbi who's lost staring at the ground. 


The Crown Princess saw Sakura walks towards her, Eunbi sighed before smiling at her guard who has a concerned look in her face. 


“Can you leave me alone for a while?” Eunbi asked, Sakura's about to complain but she talks again. 


“That's an order from the Crown Princess,” Eunbi stated. 


Sakura couldn't do anything since it was an order. She sighed before leaving the Crown Princess' alone in her chamber. 


After Eunbi made sure that she's all alone, she releases all the tears she's been holding off while the Queen is talking earlier. 


If she could just be away from this palace. She will definitely do whatever it takes to be away from here and from the responsibility, she needs to fulfill. 

 


. . . . .

 


“Ya, are you okay?” Yena asked to Hyewon. 

The older girl glared at the younger one after she got a flicked on her forehead. 


“What the heck was the for?” She scoffed and ready to flip the table they are sitting in the café after Yena flicked her forehead. 


“You're spacing out, you're like that since earlier at the class.” 

Hyewon only scoffed after remembering what happened last night. She doesn't know if it's true or her mind is just playing at her yesterday. 

She looked at Yena before pinching her nose. The younger noticed it and once Kang Hyewon pinched her nose, it just means she's bothered or annoyed. 


“Did something happened?” Yena asked. 


Hyewon sipped her drink before nodding her head. The younger gestured for her to tell it and she will listen. 


“Ducky, I don't know if I'm dreaming last night but someone entered my apartment. I found her in my bathroom.” She stated and Yena just listened to her while she tells everything that happened to her last night. 


“Eh? A strange girl wearing a hanbok appeared in your comfort room. When you're about to drag her out of your apartment, she disappeared?” Yena asked with her amazed expression as if she's witnessing some adventure things. 


Hyewon nodded, “I don't know if it's real or not.”

“But I even managed to drag her out from my comfort room. I can even feel that she's alive since she's warm when I hold her arms.” She added. 


Yena then caresses her chin, thinking deeply as if she's solving some math problems. 
She then placed her palm on Hyewon's forehead making the other girl roll her eyes. 


“I checked it also last night and Choi, I'm not even sick!” Hyewon hissed at her friend who just grinned at her. 


“Are you sure? Or is it just your imagination?” Yena asked, scratching her cheeks. 


“I wish I'm really just hallucinating but that weirdo feels so real.” Hyewon sighed before plopping her head on the table, completely ignoring her food as her mind went back to the weird girl last night. 

And she doesn't understand why she's thinking about that Kwon Eunbi. 

 


. . . . .

 


“Are you okay?” 


Sakura smiles before nodding her head at the girl. The younger lady hand over a bowl of stew for her that she quickly accepted. 

“Thank you,” The guard said. 


The younger lady gifted her with a soft smile while watching her gulps the stew. 
Sakura saw a familiar figure walking towards their way causing her to accidentally take all the stew quickly not even minding the hotness biting her tongue. 


“Your Highness,” She quickly wipes before she bowed down to the Crown Princess.


Eunbi's wearing her usual Hanbok again since it's night, she feels more comfortable with this one.  


The younger lady beside Sakura also bowed down after seeing Eunbi's figure walking towards their way. 


Eunbi smiled when Sakura finally noticed her presence after long minutes of her watching her guard talk to somebody. 


“You must be Chaeyeon,” 

The Crown Princess stated while looking at the lady beside Sakura. 


Chaeyeon's eyes widened after the Crown Princess stated her name, she felt nervous because her Highness knows her name. Now, she's thinking if she did something wrong. 


“Y-Yes, your Highness.” She stated while bowing her head nervously. 


Eunbi looked at Sakura who looked away with her blushed cheeks. She can't help but smirk at her guard. 


“You're pretty,” 

The Crown Princess said making Chaeyeon to looked at her with surprise. Well, she didn't expect that a Royal will compliment her that. 


“Please, pinch me if I am dreaming. The Crown Princess just said that I am pretty,” Chaeyeon said, fluttered. 


That made Eunbi chuckle while Sakura watches Chaeyeon with a soft smile on her face. 


“Do you need anything?” Sakura asked, looking at the Crown Princess. 


“No,” Eunbi shook her head, “I'm just walking around to get some air,” She added. 


Sakura's about to stand up but she was stopped by her. 


“Stay there,” Eunbi said.


“But your Highness, it's evening, you might get in danger,” Sakura stated. 


The Crown Princess shook her head,

“I'm fine. Just stay here with your friend, it's an order. I wanna be alone too,” Eunbi added while grinning at Sakura who doesn't have any choice since the Crown Princess used that against her. 


“Okay, but be careful, your Highness,” Sakura stated. 


"Yes, see you tomorrow,” The Crown Princess said. 

“Did she really told me that I am pretty?” Chaeyeon asked again to the short-haired girl. 


Sakura chuckled at the younger girl, “Yes, you're pretty,”


Eunbi chuckled after hearing that, she shook her head before finally walking away from them. 


She needed some air after what happened in the morning. When Sakura left her chamber, all she did was cry until she felt okay and she just stayed inside until it was already night time. 
It's a calm time for her. If she wants to walk alone to have fresh air, she will always do it around the evening so she doesn't have to deal with people. 


“Why am I here again?” 

Eunbi muttered to herself after she realized that her feet brought her again at the front of the forbidden house where she went last night. 


“If I try to use it again, will it take me to a different area in this palace?” Eunbi muttered when the thought of the hourglass came in her mind. 

She looked around to check if some guards are rounding and to her luck, no one is here except her. 


After weighing some things, the Crown Princess had the urge to enter the house again and it didn't take her too long to decide as her feet started to go inside the forbidden chamber. 


Eunbi then made her way to the room, there she saw the hourglass resting on the table like how she left it last time. 


“I'm just gonna try it again,” The Crown Princess uttered to herself before slowly reaching for the hourglass. 

She breathed deeply while gazing at the object, it feels like a voice is whispering her to flipped it like how she did last night. 


“Let's check if I can go to a different area around the palace,” She muttered. 


Eunbi then flipped the hourglass before placing it back on the center of the table. She then closed her eyes after feeling the same dizziness she feels last night within seconds after she moved the hourglass. 

 


“What the ?” 


Hyewon uttered, her toothbrush slipped from her hand while her other hand is on her chest because of the shock.
Her jaw dropped after she saw Eunbi appeared on her back through the mirror. 


The Crown Princess opened her eyes, it quickly goes wide after seeing the same girl she saw last night. 


“Peasant!” Eunbi stated while pointing her finger to Hyewon who still shocks with her sudden appearance. 


“Oh God, am I hallucinating again?” Hyewon muttered while staring at the Crown Princess. 


Eunbi frowned after the girl slapped herself. How dare she insult her last night when she's the one acting like someone who loses her sanity. 


“Did you just appeared in my bathroom all of sudden, again?” Hyewon raised a question, staring at the weirdo girl who's wearing a different color of hanbok this time. 


Eunbi then slowly nods her head since it's really what happened. She saw how the blonder girl closed her eyes.


“What's that on your chin?” Eunbi suddenly asked, her eyes are dropped on Hyewon's face. 


The blonde then realized that there's still foam on her chin since she's still not done brushing her teeth when Eunbi popped out. 
She quickly went to the sink and washed her face while the Crown Princess is just staring at her. 


“It's foam, don't y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter