Nine: It means YES

Lost in Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Eunbi gazed at Hyewon who’s busy packing her clothes good for three days. The blonde already made her decision to visit her sister in the hospital after her exams – and it’s today.

 

Hyewon has been always spacing out since that night. Eunbi knew not to push the blonde harder, she lets Hyewon have some space because it’s a tough time for the taller girl. Just by how Hyewon’s not in herself since that call.

 

 

“Who’ll drive you there?” She asked softly, couldn’t take the deafening silence anymore. Hyewon glanced at her before shrugging – not even uttering a word. She’s also been silent since that night – she doesn’t even being annoying to Eunbi. It’s getting unusual for the princess.

 

 

“I’ll be gone for three days. I’ll ask Yena to stay with you while I’m not around. If there’s any problem, tell her to call me.” Hyewon continuously said, buckling her backpack as she started wearing her sneakers.

 

 

The Crown Princess watched Hyewon wears her winter coat since it’s getting cold these days. She could only watch the taller made her way out, Eunbi quietly following Hyewon outdoor. Upon reaching outside the building, they were greeted by Yena leaning on her car. She smiled at Eunbi and Hyewon before waving her hand.

 

 

“What are you doing here?” Hyewon looking intently at her best friend. Yena pursed her lips before answering her.

 

 

“I’m giving you a ride,” Yena energetically said, “To the hospital,”

 

 

“How did you know I’m going to the hospital?”

 

 

Hyewon frowns in confusion, they don’t have a deal about this. Heck, she didn’t even tell Yena about her sister being admitted to the hospital. She never told anyone about it except for Eunbi since she’ll leave her alone for many days.

 

The blonde’s brow furrowed after realizing things, she slowly glanced at Eunbi who couldn’t even make an eye-contact with her. A sigh escapes her lips after seeing the guilty face of the princess.

 

 

“Ya, don’t look at her like that. You should tell me in the first place. Why am I your best friend if you’ll keep secrets to me?” Yena sighed. She knew how Hyewon discards telling her problems to anyone because she doesn’t want to be a burden. That’s why it’s a good thing that Eunbi mentioned it to her.

 

She then headed to Hyewon’s spot before snatching the backpack of the girl. She can feel that the taller will reject her offer. Before she can even say no, Yena already made an action.

 

 

“Why did you do that?” Hyewon’s tone is serious that it made Eunbi flinched while having an eye-contact with the taller girl. This is the first time she felt being intimidated by Hyewon, the way she stares at her is sending shivers to her spine.

 

 

Eunbi scratches her nape, “Uhhh…” Couldn’t find the proper word to explain because she’s getting uneasy with Hyewon’s serious stern stare towards her.

 

 

Yena felt the different aura surrounding her best friend. She quickly put her arm over Hyewon’s shoulder to get their attention. She can feel a heated discussion will happen if she won’t in.

 

 

“Eunbi-unnie, how about you come with us?” Yena asked excitedly, “I’ll tell your boss that you couldn’t come today,” She added which made Hyewon whipped her head then send a glare at her. Yena also glared back at her best friend, she knew not to push Hyewon’s button but the blonde’s being grumpy to anyone so quick.

 

 

“Is it okay?” The princess hesitantly asked, she glanced at Hyewon after the blonde looks at her way. The blonde’s about to open but Yena decided already.

 

 

“Yeah! Don’t worry, I am close with your boss – it won’t be a problem,” Yena winks, “Besides, Chaewonnie will be glad to see a new face with Hyewon,” She mentioned a name that Eunbi doesn’t any idea who. Maybe, it was her sister? Who knows.

 

 

“Okay? Can you wait for me? I’ll just wear my sneakers,” Eunbi told then rushed inside the building of their apartment after getting approval from Yena.

 

 

Hyewon then gets off Yena’s arms from her before sending a glare to her best friend.

 

 

“What?” Yena asked dumbly. Getting a glare from a serious Hyewon isn’t a new thing to her, this just makes her playful like how she usually is. If she’s her new friend, probably she’ll get intimidated by that, but Nah, they have been best friends for a long time – therefore Hyewon’s glare is ineffective to her.

 

 

“Don’t what me, Choi Yena,” Hyewon said sternly, “Why do you have to do that?” She asked annoyed because her best friend being a decision-maker without waiting for her agreement.

 

 

Yena shrugs, “Come on, Kwangbae. She looks worried about you, just give it to her. Besides, Chaewon will be glad to see you with a new friend,”

 

 

Hyewon clenched her jaw, still not convinced and annoyed by Yena’s action. But inside, she’s being bothered when her best friend told her about the princess being worried. She never noticed it because her mind is just full of visiting her sister.

 

 

“Yeah, Chaewon mentioned to me that she’s getting sick seeing your face,” She stated before going inside the passenger’s seat. Yena throws a glare at her but followed with a smile because it’s a sign that Hyewon’s already fine bringing Eunbi with them.

 

 

Yena only rolled her eyes then waves her hand excitedly after seeing Eunbi running towards her car, she looks excited and her face is shining because of excitement. Probably, this would be the same reaction when Chaewon sees a new person with her person – Yena could wish.

 

 

“Let’s go,” Yena chirped as she started the engine after making sure the princess already settled inside her car.

 

 

“Can we drop by to buy some fruits? That’s how it also works in your time, right?” Eunbi muttered. When they are visiting their relatives from the other place, her father never forgot about bringing healthy foods – also a sign as their gift.

 

 

Hyewon looked at the princess by the rear mirror but Eunbi wasn’t looking – instead, she’s busy asking Yena. She can see the excitement filling those eyes of the princess. But quick to look away when Eunbi looked at the rear mirror and pretend to stare outside.

 

 

“Will that be fine, peasant?” Eunbi asked softly, Hyewon then meet eyes with the princess on the rear mirror of the car. suddenly goes dry seeing the tender expression from the princess.

 

 

She quickly looked away, “Yeah,”

 

As Hyewon tried not to be swayed by that kind of expression.

 

 

//

 

 

Eunbi’s eyes were glistening with so much amusement seeing the big building in front of them which is called ‘The Hospital’. If she only knew how frightening this place is for other people, surely she wouldn’t be excited.

 

 

Hyewon glances at the princess, she shook her head and a small smile quickly formed on her lips because of how amuse the princess is. She looked like a kid who will receive a Christmas gift.

 

 

“Unnie, you should give this fruit to them because it’s your idea to buy,” Yena nudges Eunbi, she chuckled from her late realization that the princess is busy ogling at the building in front of her.

 

 

The princess quickly shook her head, “Why me?” She asked in horror.

 

 

“Just because,” Yena shrugged then handed the basket to Eunbi but the latter refused as she hides behind the quiet Hyewon. They started running around the blonde who only sighed and getting dizzy by watching them.

 

Hyewon rolled her eyes and snatched the basket from Yena to stop her best friend from running after the princess.

 

“I’ll do it,” She scoffed then walks inside the hospital leaving the two following her.

 

 

Eunbi stared at the back of Hyewon as they continue walking towards the respective room of the patient. She glanced at Yena and nudges her shoulder to get her attention.

 

“Is she mad at us?” She mumbles.

 

 

Yena chuckles, “No. She’s just like that, grumpy Hyewon,”

 

 

Eunbi and Yena stopped behind Hyewon when the blonde also stopped in front of a room. They saw how the taller gripped her hold on the basket and released a deep breath. The princess saw how Hyewon quickly changes her expression into a happy one even if she’s anxious since earlier. She can see the nervousness in the taller girl’s behavior.

 

 

Unknowingly Eunbi’s hand went to Hyewon’s hand gripping the basket and patted it softly, with that action, the blonde glanced at the princess – but was greeted with a warm smile. Trying to calm the taller, she knew it wouldn’t help, but still, there’s no harm in trying.

 

 

And that didn’t go unnoticed by Yena, she can even say that the two might forget about her presence from the way they’re staring at each other. She’ll surely tell this scene to Yujin once they met.

 

 

“It’s going to be okay,” Eunbi muttered softly, giving soft pats on Hyewon’s back this time.

 

 

“Thanks,” Hyewon sighed before twisting the doorknob of the room and entered the room with a soft smile.

 

 

Eunbi and Yena followed the blonde, three persons inside the room – surely, it’s Hyewon’s parent and her little sister. Yena quickly went to the couple, hugging them for a greeting. Eunbi steps backward at the door while watching them, she’s suddenly feeling nervous – and she doesn’t have any idea why.

 

 

“Unnie!” A cute voice echoed in the room, she looks like around 6-7 years old. The princess saw how Hyewon’s face brightens the moment her eyes dropped on the kid sitting on the hospital bed. Eyes watching as she saw the blonde excitedly walks to the kid, opening her arms as the girl tackles Hyewon in a hug. Seeing that sight, it’s the first time in a while she felt this heart-warming feeling while watching Hyewon looking fondly at her sister.

 

 

“Chaewonnie! My favorite dongsaeng!” Yena chirped happily as she runs towards the kid, lips pouting excitedly.

 

 

“Yena-unnie!” Chaewon giggles and hugged the other girl.

 

 

“I missed you, kiddo! Good thing you aren’t being grumpy today like someone,” Yena huffs then Hyewon send her a glare, but she ignored it.

 

 

Chaewon giggles, “Hyewon-unnie always grumpy, what’s new about it?” She pouted after receiving a ruffle from Yena – clearly loving her statement.

 

 

“Ya,” Hyewon frowned jokingly at her sister but just pinched Chaewon’s cheeks.

 

 

“Unnie, who’s that?” Chaewon mumbles after noticing a new face with her sister. Yena chuckled when she saw the kid’s eyes glimmering with curiosity as she eyes the statue Eunbi – who doesn’t know what to do.

 

 

Hyewon cleared then gesture Eunbi to walks towards them, the princess complied with her cute li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter