Six: Hot & Cold

Lost in Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


“I heard from Yujin what you did,”


Hyewon tried hard not to roll her eyes from the suspecting eyes of her best friend sitting across the table from her. A heavy sighed was soon released by her after seeing how Yena won't stop giving her that teasing stare. 


“What? I only told her things that will knock some realizations to her,” The blonde girl scoffed, trying not to mind how Yena's brow wiggles after hearing that statement from her. Hyewon just told her best friend everything happened at Eunbi's first experience working, for she knows, Yena wouldn't stop pestering her until she gives up and tells her everything. 


Yena smirked at her, as expected of her best friend. Even if Hyewon's a grumpy and blunt person, she knew how the girl will give words that will give you realization especially if it's badly needed. 


“Why are you looking at me like that?” Hyewon scoffed out of annoyance. It's clear that she isn't enjoying how her best friend's attention glued at her. 


“Such a grumpy ,” Yena halted in her step, she hesitated to say something but in the end, she let the words roll out from her lips, “How is it going with her when it's only the two of you?”


Hyewon stopped on her step, she glanced at Yena shortly before giving her best friend a shrug as she entered her car. 


Yena frowned, “What kind of answer is that?” She started the engine of her car after making sure that both of them settled in their seat. 


“Nothing,” Hyewon replied timidly, minding her own business scrolling in her phone while Yena started to move the steering wheel and drive to her work. What else would she say? It's really nothing though. 


“Don't tell me you're being an to Eunbi-unnie?” Yena asked, glancing shortly at the girl on her passenger seat before looking back at the street. 


Hyewon shifted on her seat and raised her brows on her best friend. Even if Yena couldn't see her expression directly, she can feel how the blonde-haired girl's eyes are boring into her. If Hyewon is just a stranger to her, she would probably feel chills creeping in her system. But, she's used to it. 


“I let her live with me, but that doesn't mean I need to be nice to her,” Hyewon reasoned out that resulted in Yena to scoffed loudly, she shook her head at her best friend's stupid reason. 


“Ya, if you said it like that then it means you're really being mean to her?” Yena inquired again. 


Hyewon clicked her tongue, “I don't think so? I mean, I'm not mean but I'm not nice.” She shifted her attention back on her phone while listening to Yena's rant. 


“Ya, can you be a bit nicer to her? Eunbi-unnie's nice from the short moment I get to talk to her,” Yena uttered, she's trying to persuade her best friend subtly to let her guard down to Eunbi. Her intention of talking about this is she wanted Hyewon and Eunbi to get closer. They couldn't just go around fighting like a kid whenever they're around each other. As per what Eunbi told her last time. 


Hyewon just stared at her before shrugging as a reply. Yena could only discharge a sigh before continuing to drive and the ride goes silent, with the music in the car could only be heard. She trusts her best friend, therefore, she wouldn't push the conversation. 


Few minutes and they already reached Hyewon's workplace. Thank God, there's no traffic ahead of them, so they are quick to arrive. Both of them leave the car and head inside the restaurant, for Yena suddenly wanted to grab some snacks, only to be greeted by the employees working hard at the said place.

But what caught Yena's attention is Eunbi who's all smiley while serving the foods to a particular customer. She watched how the short-haired girl interacted with the customer before going back to the service bar to get another order. 

The short-haired girl is wearing her uniform, which made her one of them. If Yena doesn't know she's a Princess, she won't be this surprised, seeing how Eunbi works and adjusting in their time. But well she knows and it's amusing her. 

The ash-haired girl quickly wanted to point out Eunbi to her best friend. But when she already glanced at Hyewon, the latter is already staring at the Crown Princess, clearly surprised seeing her working comfortably as if she's not a new worker. 


Hyewon looked at her wristwatch, “It's just 1:30 pm, but she's working early,” she mumbles to herself but since Yena is a nosy kid, she heard it clearly before looking back at Eunbi. 


The short-haired girl noticed their presence, Yena saw how Eunbi walks towards them while wearing her gummy smile after seeing them standing like a statue in the entrance of the restaurant. 


“Yenaaaa!” Eunbi chirped after she reached the two newly arrived girls. Yena grinned back at the short-haired girl, they're already close, well, Yena doesn't get a hard time getting into Eunbi's character. The same with Eunbi, she really gets along with Yena so easily, she feels so comfortable with the ash-haired girl. 


“Unnie! Wow, you look so nice wearing that uniform!” Yena complimented. 

Eunbi grinned after hearing that kind of compliment, “Well, thank you. I'm glad this kind of clothing fitted for me.” She stated as she poses like a Princess that made Yena chuckled. 


“Oh, hi! Have you had your lunch?” Eunbi asked the girl beside Yena. 


Hyewon stared at Eunbi for so long, “Uh yeah,” She replied shortly after realizing that the question is for her. She glanced at Yena after feeling the heavy stare she's receiving from her best friend but rolled her eyes before ignoring the girl beside her. 


“That's good. Oh, wait, gotta work again!” Eunbi stated, going back to the service station without waiting for Hyewon's response. 


“Hyewon-unnie, I'm honestly getting intrigued by what you did to Eunbi-unnie.”


The two best friends looked at Yujin who suddenly popped out beside Hyewon. She had her hair into a bun and wearing the same uniform with Eunbi. 


“Why?” It was Yena who asked because Hyewon really looks like she doesn't want to raise a question. 


Yujin pursed her lips, “Boss said Eunbi-unnie is already here before the restaurant opened. She even helped the boss to clean around the whole place then work early.”


Hyewon's brow raised before her gaze dropped to Eunbi who's really working hard, not minding how the three pairs of eyes are observing her actions. The blonde girl blinks her eyes, processing Yujin's information. 


“Really?” Yena asked again, also stunned from what she heard. When Yujin nodded, the ash-haired girl chuckled before smiling proudly at the Crown Princess. Looks like Eunbi is someone who works hard and ready to learn new things. 


“If you're wondering how she managed to get here, the boss saw her waiting at the bus stop. So, she offered her a ride going here.” Yujin stated and that answered Hyewon's question, “She's been really working hard,” The bangless girl added before going back to her station, leaving Hyewon and Yena again. 


The blonde only observed Eunbi, questioning things, and also her actions. Hyewon slowly felt the guilt getting in her system after seeing how the Crown Princess is really sincere of what she's doing right now. She flinched when Yena tapped her shoulder to get her attention. 


“Yena,” She muttered softly. 


Yena hummed in response, looking for an available table. Not noticing how her best friend's forehead creased while thinking deeply. 


“Do you think I am really being mean to her?” Hyewon asked softly to her best friend but her eyes are glued on Eunbi, clearing watching every move that the Crown Princess made. And, surprises, she finds it amusing. 


Yena then quickly looked at her. Fast as a tornado while a frown is visible on her forehead but it quickly fades off after seeing the troubled eyes of her best friend. She knew Hyewon so well, seeing her like this isn't new but Yena's guessing something though, she'll hide it for herself in the meantime. 


Yena smiled, giving soft pats on Hyewon's shoulder before lending her a response to her sincere question. 

“Hye, do I really need to answer that question? 'Cause I think you already know the answer to that. I know it's hard for you to warm up with someone new, I can't blame you since she's really a stranger to us. But you can be a little nicer to Eunbi-unnie. Don't rush, I know you'll get comfortable with her soon.” Yena stated softly before heading towards a vacant table leaving Hyewon creasing her forehead while still looking at Eunbi. 


Yena chuckled at what she's seeing. Soon enough when the time comes, she believes her guess will be true. For now, she'll just watch them. 

 

. . . . .

 

'The moment you read this letter. I'm completely out of the palace, away from the suffocating responsibility. I know the King and Queen will look for me, but if they ask you about me. Just inform them you don't know my whereabouts. I'll be away, I don't know how long. I just wanna feel to have a life. And I hope you have a life too, don't worry about me, I'll be good. 

Sakura, I am certain that you'll be the one who will find this letter. Therefore, don't tell anyone about this, burn this letter after reading it.'


“Did you really burn the letter?”

It was Chaeyeon who asked making Sakura glance at her. The guard nodded her head before sipping the tea that Chaeyeon made for her because of her sudden visitation. The younger girl was even surprised seeing her face the first time in the morning. She didn't expect it but not gonna lie that it made her happy seeing the guard's face. 


Sakura looked back at the pond, “I can't afford to be the eye of suspiciousness, therefore, I really need to burn it. You know how the Queen will give punishment to people who lied to her.” She stated. 


What she said is true. The Queen doesn't let anyone off who did her wrong. It's either you'll receive strong punishment or worst, death. That's how living in this palace, that's why all of the people here are afraid of the Queen. Afraid to have their life taken away from them. 


“Yeah, you know I'm afraid for you especially this time that the Crown Princess is missing. I'm sure they'll keep their eyes on you, so you have to be careful.” Chaeyeon said softly, her lips pouting as her eyes can be seen with lots of worriedness towards the guard. 


Sakura lips slowly formed with a smile, she then reached for Chaeyeon's hand and intertwined it with hers. It made her heart skipped a beat as for the younger has a blushed on her face. How brave of her to do this but the moment just feels so great. 


“Don't worry about me. I can fight with them, I'm no newbie in terms of sword fighting.” Sakura boasted that made the younger chuc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter