Chapter 2

When Moon meets Sun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Arriving at her destination, a black-haired girl got off from her BMW car and attracted some of the neighbor’s attentions with her appearance. She could just smile charmingly like she always did and it would melt their heart. Yes, she was that attractive.

“Morning grandma” Moonbyul greeted an eldest who sat on a bench, alone. She always did this every time she visited.

“Morning, Byulyi-shi. You come today” The grandma spoke as she reached for Moonbyul’s hand.

They knew each other very well. She considered Moonbyul as her own granddaughter and Moonbyul didn’t mind at all since she lived alone and had no one to rely on. Moonbyul always felt in peace every time she came to the neighborhood because the grandma always welcomed her warmly.

Moonbyul scooted down, taking the grandma’s hand on hers. “I wouldn’t miss to come here but these few weeks was a bit tough for me-”

“Everything’s okay at work?” The grandma cut Moonbyul off.

“Work is fine. I actually took days off and had some time alone for myself. You know, just relaxing my mind”

Grandma smiled, putting her other hand above Moonbyul’s “I’ve told you, sometimes it’s okay to stop when you cannot handle it. Must be hard for you to move on. But I believe you’re strong now. After all those years, you still can smile”

“It’s because I have the best people who always support me. You’re one of them and I’m grateful to have you in my life” Moonbyul swore she almost shed tears. This grandma of her was one of the people who always there to give her moral support whenever she needed.

Then there was comfortable silence. Grandma didn’t have to say anything, Moonbyul knew it all.

“Go upstairs, she must be waiting for you” She said teasingly.

Moonbyul chuckled. “Nah, she is not”

“How do you know?”

“I know, because she has Yeri” Moonbyul looked down on her feet.

The grandma laughed. “Don’t be ridiculous, you’re jealous over her niece? Go see her. I bet she miss you”

“Okay, fine. I’m going now. Don’t stay out too long, and remember to drink your med”

“Yes, Detective Moon” The grandma said jokingly.

After that heartwarming talk with the grandmother, Moonbyul got into the apartment building to meet that certain girl, on her way she bumped into few neighbors. As she reached the level and stood right on the door, she took few deep breaths before ringing the bell.

The door opened after few minutes and a smile plastered on Moonbyul’s face as a girl she desperately wanted to meet standing in front of her.

“Byul”

“Joo-hyun”

 

“Where is Yeri?” Moonbyul asked while scanning around the house as Irene came out from the kitchen, serving a drink for her.

“She watches a movie with her friends” Irene took a seat beside Moonbyul and the black-haired girl turned to Irene almost immediately.

She furrowed her brows “And you let her?”

“Byul, she is 12, remember?”

“Yeah, I know. But you know what I meant” Moonbyul looked at Irene’s eyes. The silence talk that only they understood.

Irene knew Moonbyul worried because she did too. It was hard for her to let Yeri went out without her supervision but she already had it covered. “No worries, I asked Seulgi to go with her. But not like go together with her, just watch out for her. I couldn’t go since I still have to work from home”

Moonbyul sighed. “Oh okay. At least I can trust Seulgi” She said the last sentence quietly and Irene barely caught that.

“What?”

“Nothing”

Moonbyul confused of her own feelings. Irene and Seulgi were together and she swore she was happy for both of them. But sometimes she felt it was not right. She had been there with Irene before Seulgi came into the picture and before Moonbyul knew it, the two already together.

“So, where were you for the past two weeks? Yeri kept telling me she missed you” and Irene almost said she did too but no, she would just keep it to herself.

“Just having time for myself,” Moonbyul paused “and I was being interrogated”

Irene sat up straight upon hearing that, surprised “You were being interrogated? Why?”

“Just some misunderstanding” Moonbyul replied short.

There was silence due to the awkward atmosphere since Irene mentioned Seulgi – well, that what Irene thought.

“Are you okay?” She had to ask because Moonbyul seemed off.

“Why wouldn’t I?”

“No, your quiet today…” Usually Moonbyul would be enthusiastic to meet her and Yeri, but today Irene just felt weird when Moonbyul didn’t do much of the talking. It made Irene felt nervous all of the sudden.

She looked at Moonbyul who kept fidgeting her fingers. Closing her eyes, Irene decided to tell Moonbyul now at the moment. She really thought about it for the past two weeks. She might not get any chances if she did it soon because she knew Moonbyul would be busy as she already got back to work. Taking few breaths, she opened

“Byul-“

However, the ring on the door disturbed her. The two looked at each other for seconds before Moonbyul spoke.

“Yeri must be home. I should get going then” Moonbyul stood up. She actually wanted to stay longer chatting with Irene about life but guess not this time, not when Seulgi was there too. No, she didn’t hate Seulgi, beside they hung out together sometimes but her days off made her saw things clearly, that Irene and Seulgi were meant to be together and she wouldn’t want to be the person who broke that.

“Byul, wait” Irene tried stop Moonbyul but the bell rang again.

“You should open the door. Don’t want to make Yeri and your girlfriend wait too long” Moonbyul smiled sadly as she grabbed her coat.

Meanwhile Irene walked to the door to open it. As soon as the door opened, Yeri run inside toward Moonbyul to give her a hug.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter