Chapter 5

When Moon meets Sun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongsun had been sitting on her desk for 2 hours, reviewing the case file of Kim Ha Na murder and trying to find any lead. However, she was so unlucky as she could barely find anything other than the details of Kim Ha Na’s life, statement from witnesses and few pictures of evidences.

She looked at one picture which a weapon killer used to kill Kim Ha Na. A spanner.

“Why spanner?” Yongsun questioned.

The spanner was covered with Kim Ha Na blood, but according to the case file, Kim Ha Na was stabbed 7 times and there was no sign of her being hit by the spanner. There were few bruises on her body but surely was not it. And there were no fingerprints too on the spanner which left them deadlocked to find a single lead.

“Witness 2 said he usually saw and bumped into Kim Ha Na when she left house for school and came back from school. But witness 2 said that day was weird. He did not see Kim Ha Na left the house in the morning..” Yongsun read the paragraphs on the case file. She sighed.

“She didn’t leave in the morning for school but she was wearing a school uniform when she was killed…” There was logic in her statement “Plus she was killed at night inside a house 1KM from hers, so witness 2 should saw her leaving the house that morning. Was he lying?”

A moment of silence as Yongsun tried to make sense of everything she just said. “AARRRGHHHH. I don’t know”

Her head suddenly hurt like it was going to explode and her body felt numb probably from hours of sitting. She reached out for her cup of coffee but realized it was empty so she stood up to grab for more.

“Wait, where is she?” She was referring to Moonbyul. “I haven’t seen her since this morning. Is she finding a clue without me?! That little-“

“Unnie!”

Yongsun’s statement was cut off by a sweet voice. At work, she only knew one person who would casually call her unnie, and the person was no other than Jung Wheein.

“What was that? Were you about to swearing?” Wheein asked and Yongsun shook her head in denial.

“Wheein-ah, what are you doing here? What’s with your stuff?” Yongsun just moved in to the room since she partnered up with Moonbyul, and just wondered what Wheein was doing there because usually Wheein would wait for her outside if they would want to go lunch or hang out.

“You don’t know? I’m joining this team!” Wheein said and lifting both of her hands in excitement, which left Yongsun confused.

“Aish unnie, what’s with the reaction? I’m hurt” Wheein pouted.

Yongsun opened to say something but someone bet her on that.

“Oh, Detective Jung, you’re here”

A black-haired Detective that Yongsun had been looking just came in, wearing a calm expression as if she had no major case to solve. How could she be so calm when all Yongsun did for the past hours was squeezing her brain out to find any leads on the case? Yongsun thought.

“Hello, Detective Moon. Yes, I’m here. Sorry for being late, I was packing my stuff” Wheein said.

“It’s fine, don’t worry about it. I was just coming in too”

Wheein cutely giggled. She found Moonbyul was really sweet-

“Wait. What is going on?” Yongsun finally spoke as she felt her presence wasn’t being acknowledged there.

Wheein and the black-haired Detective locked eyes as if having conversations with their eyes on who was going to tell Yongsun. Moonbyul signaled with her head, telling Wheein to go ahead.

“Wheein, what did you mean you’re joining this team?”

“Oh that unnie-“

“She got pulled in into this case. So obviously since she is joining us, from now on we’re working as three” Moonbyul said.

“How?” Yongsun asked. The only word that she could think of for the moment.

“How? Emm” Moonbyul made a gesture of thinking which annoyed Yongsun “I made a request to Chief Kwon and he approved”

Yongsun was stunned. Not only because she was shocked, but also because Moonbyul didn’t discuss this with her first before making the request.

“And you didn’t tell me?”

“I’m telling you now”

Yongsun’s mouth was opened in disbelief at what she just heard.

Wheein who knew Yongsun surely could tell the reaction and she realized the tension.

“Err, unnie. It wasn’t that I didn’t want to tell you but it’s a surprise” Wheein tried to break the tension.

“Hm-mm, surprised!” Moonbyul smiled, teasing the angry Yongsun.

“You gotta be kidding me” Yongsun whispered in gritted teeth.

Wheein heard that. “Unnie, come on, calm down okay?” She looked at Moonbyul.

With Moonbyul having a mocking expression to Yongsun didn’t help with the tension that Wheein wanted to break. One of the things Yongsun hated when partnered up was not discussing with her before coming to decision and that was what Moonbyul was doing. She was provoking Yongsun for sure.

“Oh! I’m so excited with this case again. To be honest, I kinda felt sad when I got replaced with you Detective Moon, but I was fine with it actually, you’re a pro after all-“

“Wait!” Through out Wheein expressing her feelings on joining the team again, Yongsun was thinking. She turned to Moonbyul.

“Did you plan on requesting Detective Jung on this team after I told you she is friend with Director Ahn Hyejin? Are you using her?”

Wheein silently made an ‘O’ expression.

“I don’t-“

“YES OR NO?”

Yongsun determined to get an answer. She had no time to hear an excuse or explanation from the black-haired Detective.

Moonbyul chuckled. She always thought Yongsun was really adorable when she mad, that was why she decided to . Moonbyul walked to her desk which Yongsun followed every moved she made with her fierce eyes.

“For the first question, yes. And for the second question, no” Moonbyul answered.

“How is requesting for her after I told you, is not using her?”

“Emm. Let’s just say, it’s not using rather than having an advantage for this case” Moonbyul casually said.

Yongsun was speechless for a moment and Wheein took this chance.

“Okay Detectives, come on. Can we not make me joining this team as an issue?”

Moonbyul shrugged. “I’m not. She is” She pointed at Yongsun.

“No” Wheein lifted up her finger to Yongsun as she was about to say something. “Enough”

“So, is this my desk?” Wheein walked toward it as she asked. The desk was placed right in front of Yongsun’s.

“Yep, that is yours” Moonbyul approached Wheein.

“I know I have said this but omg! I’m so excited”

“I know you’re. Welcome to the team, Detective Jung Wheein”

Moonbyul stretched her hand to Wheein for a handshake and Wheen gladly took it.

“Thank you!” Wheein then looked at Yongsun who still digging her eyes on Moonbyul. She approached her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter