Chapter 3

When Moon meets Sun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In a way, it was Moonbyul’s fault that Yongsun had to work on a weekend, it was all because of the 2 weeks of break on the case, also the black-haired girl took days off on that period, Yongsun heard. Here they were, ended up enrolled for whole day undercover. She loved her job, but she was supposed to have her so-called-blind-date on the weekend which planned by Wheein that she had to cancel like she did previous times. Not to mention, the idea of being with Moonbyul all day, Yongsun kinda felt unhandy.

To see at positive side, she felt excited because after 2 weeks long she finally could continue with the case. The day she had been looking forward, discovering truth. Well, she wished they could find something but what they had been doing in front of RBW Company building for the past 2 hours really doubted that.

“How long we’re going to stay here?” The curiosity got over her.

“As long as you want to stay” Moonbyul answered plainly, created that confused expression on Yongsun’s face.

They had been on the car for 2 hours and Moonbyul didn’t even make eye contact with Yongsun, not even started a conversation. It made Yongsun wondered if Moonbyul mad at her for the interrogation the other day.

“Look, I know you probably mad at me right now, but I also know you know why I did that”

Moonbyul turned her head to Yongsun, finally. Yongsun looked like she was ready to hear anything that black-haired girl had to say. It was her fault but as ego as she was, she would never admit, especially to Moonbyul. Just imagined how embarrassed she would be.

“That’s what you thought all this time?”

Yongsun shrugged. “What else the reason you didn’t talk to me”

She heard a chuckle, and it was of course no other than Moonbyul. Yongsun almost forgot what she said as she heard Moonbyul’s laugh and somehow the sound of it made Yongsun’s stomach flutter.

“What am feeling like this?”

“I thought you’re mad at me, considering you were the one who being cold to me during my ‘first meeting’ as your new partner”

“Oh that…” Yongsun struggled to find words on how to answer to Moonbyul. She meant, she was completely mad at the black-haired girl, rather the news of them being partner shook her.

“Must be shocking for you to find out that I’m not the murderer. You were pretty sure about it. Must be hard to believe too”

Moonbyul inspected the surrounding if they could find any suspicious moving.

“Wait, are you making fun of me? Are you saying me accusing you is my completely mistake?”

Moonbyul tried to digest Yongsun’s questions but Yongsun didn’t expect a response, well, she didn’t get one either.

“Stop talking to me” Yongsun then turned her body to other side. They went into completely silence as her mind flooded with those memories, bad memories to be exact. She blamed herself then and she also did now. She didn’t think anything could get any worse.

“There she is” Moonbyul whispered and it caught Yongsun’s attention.

“Who?” She questioned as she also looked at where Moonbyul was looking.

“I thought you said to stop talking to you”

“Shut up. Who is she?”

Yongsun decided that instead of arguing about the past event, it was better if they focused on the current case together. She knew it would be hard for them to get along, but she needed to try. Only until this case was settled, after that they could live their own life and forget what happened. Well, that what Yongsun thought for now.

Moonbyul pointed at the entrance where an elegant lady walking out of the building. “She is the one we’re looking for”

Yongsun shifted a bit then gasped when the lady turned to their direction and Yongsun could clearly see the face. “Hyejin?”

“You know Miss Ahn?” Moonbyul turned her head and they were both surprised on how close they were in the position. Yongsun’s lips part as she stared directly at Moonbyul’s eyes and eyebrows crinkling in surprise when she could feel Moonbyul’s breath on her face. Before any of them could say anything, Yongsun pulled away almost instantly.

Yongsun cleared “Y-Yes, I know her. She is Wheein’s high school friend”

“Oh. And she is also the only daughter of President Ahn. You know about that?”

Moonbyul looked at Yongsun to see the girl’s eyes looked at anywhere other than hers.

“Of course. Wheein told me a lot about her though I haven’t really met her in person” Yongsun still didn’t look at Moonbyul’s direction, feeling awkward with their close proximity seconds ago.

“Good. Then it will make this easier to question her”

“She will be questioned? Why?”

“I thought you read the case file already”

Somehow the f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter