Chapter 4

When Moon meets Sun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moonbyul didn’t remember she gave Yongsun permission to interview Irene. All she knew that asking Yongsun to back off, but her words just went into deaf ears. Now she just watched Irene answered the questions that being thrown to her by Yongsun.

It had been only 5 mins since Yongsun asked the first question. Moonbyul could only hear the first question as her minds were busy picturing what could possibly happen to Yeri and those brought the flashback of a past event. Moonbyul thought If they were late finding Yeri, they might regret it later.

“That’s enough. No more questions, we need to move now. Come Joo Hyun” Moonbyul motioned Irene to stand up by grabbing her arm.

“But I haven’t finished yet” Yongsun stood up too and trying to stop Irene from going.

Moonbyul glared at Yongsun. “This is my case, not you. So, you have no right to question my client”

Yongsun feeling displeased, folding hands on her chest. “Since when you have another case without telling me? Last time I remember that we’re partners”

“Yeah, and last time I remember we’re partners for Kim Ha Na case ONLY. Not this one. Let’s go Joo Hyun”

Moonbyul pulled Irene but Yongsun stopped her by holding on to Irene’s other arm, which took Moonbyul by surprise. Moonbyul might be stubborn but couldn’t compete with Yongsun on this. The black-haired detective clearly didn’t learn from their last encounter when Yongsun was so certain that she was the murderer. One time, Yongsun got into trouble for beating someone who she believed assaulting a lady, even to herself. When he kept denying, Yongsun bet the out of him until he admitted his doing. She was suspended for a week for that.

Irene just watched both of the detectives shared a staring contest for few seconds, she was too shocked for Yeri missing to react until Moonbyul let go of her arm.

Moonbyul stepped closer to Yongsun and whispered “I need to talk to you, alone, outside”

Yongsun slightly flinched by Moonbyul’s voice, somehow it was the voice she hadn’t heard from the black-haired detective. Nevertheless, she followed Moonbyul outside of the house. Moonbyul was back-facing her and Yongsun knew the black-haired detective was pissed by the way she exhaled heavily.

“What do you want?” Moonbyul asked, still back-facing Yongsun but when she didn’t hear an answer from the detective, she turned. “I was asking you a question”

Yongsun took time to answer as if she was thinking whether, to tell the truth, or not. “Because I can see how much they mean to you, and it hurts you knowing Yeri has gone missing. You don’t want the same past event to happen again that was why you were harsh to Irene. I understand now and I want to help”

She knew she hit the right spot when she saw Moonbyul’s expression changed and the way her eyes quivered.

“You don’t know anything” Moonbyul spoke with her shaking voice.

“Trust me, I know. Not only you have the past that you want to forget and don’t want to repeat”

As Yongsun said that, Moonbyul could see the pain on her face. Their past wasn’t the same but it surely hurt both of them and still fresh in their head as if it just happened yesterday. Deep down, Moonbyul felt bad for being rude when all Yongsun wanted to do was to help. But believe Moonbyul when she said she didn’t want to involve anyone, moreover Yongsun, without knowing that she already got Yongsun involved in her life the moment they partnered up.

“So, head up! We will find Yeri together” Yongsun fisted up before heading back into the house.

 

They were on moved. The first place that they went to was the park for the school activity. Moonbyul suggested that the three of them splitting up to save time. They were looking for any clue by asking people, but it had been an hour ago since Yeri was gone and the people who were there an hour ago probably went home already.

“I have asked, and they didn’t see Yeri” Yongsun said as they gathered up back.

Irene was crying all through looking for Yeri. She blamed herself even though Moonbyul told her many times that it wasn’t hers. All Moonbyul could do was comforting her and assured her that they would find Yeri and wouldn’t stop looking. If Moonbyul was being honest with herself, the fault also lied to her. She was too pushing on Irene to look after herself and Yeri.

“Promise me, you will find her,” Irene said to Moonbyul.

Yongsun just looked at Irene’s crying face. She really worried about her niece and it made Yongsun more enthusiastic to search for the girl. Her eyes then moved to Moonbyul, her face really showed concern and… terrified. But terrified of what? Yongsun assumed it was of losing Yeri. From Moonbyul’s face down to their hands, both were holding hands. Yongsun couldn’t help to look away because of the feeling that she couldn’t describe, even to herself.

“Promised. I failed them last time, but I won’t fail you this time”

“I failed them last time”

Yongsun highlighted these words. She frowned, confused.

Just then, a man approached them from Moonbyul’s back.

“Are you looking for a girl?” He asked.

Three of them were surprised by the question. Then Irene remembered she saw the man when she was dropping Yeri at the park. She slightly pushed Moonbyul to stand closer to the man.

“Yes. I remember I saw you this morning. Did you know or see my niece? Where did she go?”

The man offered a smile “I didn’t expect you would remember me. I’m in charge of the cleanliness of this park, so I would be here from morning until late in the afternoon. I watch people in and out from here”

“So, you’re saying you saw the girl we’re looking for?” Moonbyul asked, her hands were on Irene’s shoulders to calm her.

“That poor little girl, I saw she walked with some

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter