It's only the Beginning

When there is a silver of Hope

The screen was bright white like a projection screen more than the screen Jeong Tae Eul had seen in the movie theaters. She tried to subtly notice any similarities between the time travelers and herself. But all she could find out, were that both of them did seem a little familiar to her.

The sofa easily fit all the people present in the region between 1 and 0. Eun Ah went and sat at one corner of the curved sofa intent on avoiding the knowing gaze of the younger version of her father and the inquisitive gaze of the younger version of her mother. She should really call them something else, in case she accidentally called them eomma and appa as she has been calling in her mind. 

No one tells all the problems that comes with time travel, all the movies made it look harmless. She never thought about the recuperation it would have on her mind. Eun Ah signed out loud at the turn that her thoughts took her.

"Are you okay?" Wook asked at his companion, she hasn't been looking good ever since they met the Queen.

"No! I am not. Its hard seeing them again when they don't even recognize us, more so not trust us. I didn't think it would be this painful."

"I understand, Mom didn't smile when she saw me and Dad looked at me like a threat. But remember they are not our family yet. We are doing this because, it could change everything. Remember what our aunt told us just before we left."

Eun Ah could see the sadness in her eyes mirrored in Wook's eyes too and remembered their aunt's words before their inter-dimensional travel,

"Sweethearts, It's okay if you fail but don't lose yourself in this mission. You too deserve to live your lives. The time you go to, you will encounter your younger versions of your parents, they won't recognize you or behave as a family themselves. You might even see a version of me you have never met before. All you  can do is pray that this will work and always,...always rely on each other. Whatever happens I will be here waiting for you" saying this their Aunt pulled Eun Ah and Wook into a hug.

"As long as I have you" Eun Ah said.

"And I will always have you" Wook replied squeezing her hand in reassurance.

The order of seating was Eun Ah at the far right end, beside her was Wook. Seeing them sitting close together, Gon narrowed his eyes at them.

After Wook, Na-ri and Seung-ah sat together silently talking with each other. While beside them sat Eun Seob and Shin Jae, Shin Jae nodding silently to whatever Eun Seob-ah was telling him.

Beside him sat Tae Eul-iee, who was silently thinking with a thoughtful expression on her face. While Lee Gon alternated between frowning at the time traveler boy, was his name Wook? and glancing at Tae Eul-iee briefly.

Yeong at the other end of the sofa was busy, observing all the new people he met that day. By far the most confusing of them was that boy Wook. Yeong remembered a brief look of disappointment that passed the boy's face when the introductions was talking place. He was never the one for studies like his Majesty, but he too was slightly intrigued by the notion of knowing the future. And if it makes it easy to protect His Majesty, then he will endure it.

"Come on, come on, we can start" Eun Seob-ah said excitedly bouncing on the sofa.

"It will start shortly, it may pause briefly whenever it is interrupted otherwise it is good to go" Wook replied sharing a look with Eun Ah.

"Is this a technology from the future, or is there something more to it ? because a screen doesn't pop up out of nowhere like this" Gon asked the kids.

"You will find out about it later anyways, so let's start" Eun Ah replied this time looking the King directly in his eye.

He nodded and then the screen came to life.

The background showed an image of bamboo with dew on them, showing a bamboo forest. Then the voice of Lee Rim is heard,

"Isn't this the forest we entered from?" Na-ri asked.

"Maybe it allows entrance at both sides, does it?" Eun Seob asked looking at Gon.

"Yes, the entrance in the Kingdom of Corea is also through the bamboo forest" he said once he noticed everyone was looking at him for an answer.

"This story begins during King Sinmun's reign in the Silla Dynasty.This is recorded in Memorabilia of the Three Kingdoms. In spring of the year 682, King Sinmun received a bamboo flute from the Dragon King of the East Sea."

"That is the origin story of the flute, only the Royal members know this" Gon said looking at the screen in shock.

"Maybe, it's you" Tae Eul answered indicating the narrator's voice.

"That's not His Majesty's voice" Yeong answered curtly cutting Jeong Tae Eul's answer, while Seung-Ah looked curiously at Yeong.

The king look at this pipe inside the trophy room. The pipe is in the center of the room enclosed in a protective box.

"It's the past" Seung-Ah replied in shock.

"What, Who is he?"Na-ri asked confused.

"He was the late King, Lee Ho" Wook replied listening into their conversation.

Eun Ah nodded slightly looking at her paternal grandfather.

"When the flute is played, enemies would retreat, diseases would be cured, rain would fall during droughts, the rainy season would end,"

The pipe is shown up close looking very dark and old.

"It looks the same, no matter the time" Eun Ah whispered to herself.

"The wind would stop, and strong waves would subside."

A man is shown talking with blood splattered on his face and coated on his sleeves. He is Lee Rim.

"Shouldn't he be dead?" Yeong asked for the first time losing his composure.

Lee Gon's face rapidly lost his color and became pale as a ghost.

"Seeing its powers, King Sinmun named the flute 'Manpasikjeok' and designated it as a national treasure."

The man Lee Rim leans on the desk close and locks his finger.

"Are you okay, Is something wrong ?" Tae Eul asked silently touching the King's clenched fingers concernedly.

Jeong Tae Eul's reflection is seen on the mirror.

He continues, "Although for people who do not believe the story, it is merely a myth" looking at Tae Eul in an interrogation room.

"I am interrogating him, who is he?" Tae Eul asked receiving no answer from either of the men on her left still watching the screen fervently.

"Where am I, shouldn't I be there?" Shin Jae asked which made him receive an hard glare thrown at him over Tae Eul's head.

Kang Shin Jae, is then talking leaning against the interrogation room, "Name, Lee Rim, born 1951 in February. Currently aged 70 in the year 2020" looking at some records.

But Lee Rim looks younger than that. 

"Explain this. For me, this is harder to believe." Shin Jae replies.

"Is it something like a side effect from that flute" Tae Eul asked and then stopped noticing the scary grin on Eun Seob-ah's face.

Eun Seob looking at everyone asked out loud excitedly, "The would we be young too."

Na-ri whacked him on the head before looking at the screen once again.

"I really am 70 this year. I hardly aged since the winter of 1994." Jeong Tae Eul eyes the records beside her.

"Since then, my time passed by slowly, unlike you guys" Lee Rim replies.

"Why did it pass by slowly? You are just a guy born in 1951." 

"Exactly, same question" Shin Jae whispered under his breath.

"Because I finally got my hands on the Manpasikjeok. I took it from my brother who had it, but did not believe in it."

"So, it is because of that flute, everything happened" Eun Ah said seeing it for the first time even though she knew the whole story.

Tae Eul questions "So, did you kill your brother?."

"I like you" Seung-Ah said suddenly to Tae Eul-iee loving the confident way the detective interrogated her suspect.

"The manpasikjeok was revealed only once every 20 years to wish peace upon the world."

"Just answer yes or no. So, did you kill your brother?."

"He did" Lee Gon replied silently making Tae Eul and Yeong look at him in concern.

Tae Eul and Yeong looked at each other silently forming a truce for the welfare of the King.

"Yes, I did. He was allowed to see it every day. my naive half-brother, who became King just because he was the legitimate son, did not do anything when he had the world in his hands. He did not even know that the Manpasikjeok in his hands would bring the world to him." 

The bamboo forest is shown with the two portal stones facing each other with Lee Gon on a horse looking at it.

"Do you always wear clothes like that, King Arthur?" Eun Seob asked breaking the tense environment.

"Do you even know to read the environment" Na-ri hissed at him.

Shin Jae looked at them and wondered at least Na-ri seems to like Eun Seob-ah back even though they both don't know it.

"To be exact, two different worlds. I did expect that one day, my nephew would face that legend too,"

"Nephew?" everyone whispered except the people from Kingdom of Corea and the time travelers.

Lee Gon is looking at the gate wearing his royal attire holding the four-tiger sword thundering in the background.

Everyone turned to look at the King, while Tae Eul-iee silently held Lee Gon's hands.

Just like me" Lee Rim finishes.

"The real trouble is going to start now" Eun Ah silently said to Wook.