Round or Flat? Parallel or Horizontal?

When there is a silver of Hope

A crime story board is shown with all the related details with the violent division team staring at it. 

"It does look like a crime show" Wook mumbled under his breath careful to make sure his Princess didn't hear what he said. At the rate the Princess whacks him on the head he really needed to invest in a good head helmet.

"I checked the CCTV and it's certain that Lee Sang-do followed Kim Bok man three weeks ago. Lee Sang-do followed him to the entrance of his apartment building and his whereabouts after that is unconfirmed" Tae Eul says looking over the papers in her hand.

"There's nothing useful from the CCTV of the apartment. The footage is kept only for a week." Shin Jae further adds. 

"It is strange" Yeong whispered piquing the curiosity of Myeong Seung Ah beside him.

Then the Captain says, "It seems pretty simple now. All we need to do is to find the weapon." 

"The weapon?" the other detective questions.

Gasping on seeing the time, "It's ten. Let's go home" the detective says.

Eun Ah started laughing a little at that, she thought the detective was going to say something serious. Everyone gave her a weird look at her abrupt laughter.

All the male detectives get up to leave while Tae Eul says, "Let's go home. Wait."

"You always do this" Shin Jae replied sighing to Tae Eul. He remembered how many times they had to work overtime due to her various theories although sometimes her theories do turn out to be right.

With a confused look Tae Eul asks, "How did the owner of the hardware store who is just an ordinary man find Kim Bok-man's phone number and home address ?" 

"Good question" Lee Gon said giving a proud smile to his Lady before leaning to look at the screen more intently. 

All the other three detectives sign in disappointment as Tae Eul starts telling her suspicions. "There's no information whatsoever on Kim Bok-man's website. Why would he hire a private detective when he had so much debt ?"

Plopping down on the chair with a thud, Shin Jae says, "I guess he didn't mind having a little more debt."

Detective Shim further says as he too sits on the chair, "When one loses money and loses their mind, they can do anything. We might need to hire a private detective ourselves to find the weapon. Tomorrow we need to scavenge---" the detective's voice clearly shows his distress in over working that Tae Eul was initiating them to do as the Captain pats his back in comfort.

Yeong gave a appraising look to the Lieutenant, she is turning out to be a better detective than he gave credit for her in her mind.

"Who are you looking at?" Jo Wook asked startling Yeong from his thoughts seeing that his future father was not looking at his mother or his bromance partner the King. 

Seeing that the future teen was so curious about his answer Yeong sighing answered his question, "I was looking at the Lieutenant, she is better than I thought. I'm impressed."

Panicking Wook turns his future father towards him forcibly and says, "Don't look at her, you know just look beside you. Don't look at anything else. Look only beside you. No one else." Seeing that her unbreakable sword was losing his mind Eun Ah took over and said wrenching Wook's hands from her godfather's shoulder, "Don't overthink his words, he is just stressed from the time travel and seeing the past. Don't mind him at all."

Yeong clearly uncomfortable nodded at her words uneasily giving a look at Wook who was forced to change his seat with Eun Ah.

Standing up abruptly Tae Eul says, "That's a good point. Let's go home."

Gon stifled  a smile at that, she really was cute.

She goes away as the other three detectives look at her before dispersing to their home too. Kang Shin Jae's note with the royal symbol is seen on the table which he soon takes it.

Except the future teens who seems to be in a conversation on their own, look at Kang Shin Jae with a accusing glare. Weren't they there to share all the things about the Republic and the Kingdom then why was Shin Jae hiding something from them was the question going to everyone's mind.

Shin Jae feeling the different eyes on him cleared his throat uncomfortably sighing said, "Even I'm not sure about that. That symbol is something I see in my dreams. I don't know the significance of it yet either." 

Tae Eul exchanging a look with the King, having an hunch about the symbol might mean grabbed her crime partner's hands and said, "Whatever it maybe, we are all with you."

"Yes, Hyung we are here you know" Eun Seob added putting a hand over the detective's shoulder which was promptly shrugged off. 

Kang Shin Jae's gaze towards Tae Eul was something the King didn't like one bit. How he wished he could just grab that man and show him Eun Ah right now and say she is Tae Eul's and his.

Tae Eul is seen walking in her front yard towards the horse with a bag in her hand. Taking out a carrot she says, "Open your mouth. You seem like a high class horse, so I got an organic one." Seeing that the horse is shying away from her she continues saying, "What's the matter ? Is it not good enough for a seventh-grade official ? Does it have to be fresh from the farm ?" 

"You just need to taste it beforehand" Lee Gon says leaning towards his Lady who gives him a glare at the repeated dialogue from the King. Who teaches horses something like that. 

As the horse comes at her rashly she jumps away from it saying, "My goodness. Why do I feel like you just got mad at me ?" Keeping the carrot back in the cover Tae Eul annoyingly asks, "Where's your owner? "

"In your heart?" Gon mumbled receiving a surprising blush from the Lieutenant making him speechless.

On the other side gloomily Wook replies, "Twenty-Nine."

She opens her phone and scrolls through her contacts and calls, "Hey, Eun Seob-ah. Where are you now?"

A library is seen where the King is reading books regarding the Republic Of Korea. At the entrance Eun Seob says looking at Tae Eul, "He's been doing that for three days now. I gave him a cushion to sit on and fed him after work."

Na-ri didn't know if she should be happy or annoyed that Eun Seob is even willing help to a complete stranger. Well only if he understood where her heart stood quickly like he helps others quickly then they might have been together already.

"I will feed him today" Tae Eul replies relieving Eun Seob from his duties. All the girls in the library seem to be observing the King and admiring him.

All types of questions arise around her "Why is she sitting there?" "Is she is girlfriend?" "He had a girlfriend?"

"Wait this was what they were whispering about?" Lee Gon asked with a confused frown on his face.

Shin Jae just wanted to punch that King once, he seriously didn't know if that man was oblivious or sarcastic. 

The King on seeing the Lieutenant gives her a enchanting smile making every other woman look at him. Looking at the admiring notes and drinks beside him Tae Eul scoffs making him reply, "Most people here seem very kind. They kept giving me things like this."

"Of course, why wouldn't they?" The Myeong doppelgangers chorused exchanging a smile with each other receiving a frown from on either sides of them.

"And I discovered something important. In this world, this country has a presidential system." He looks so proud of himself as she replies, "Well done" and leaves from there. As the girls around him whisper him not to go he leaves with her, his eyes never straying from Tae Eul.

Eun Ah with a grin exclaimed, "Well someone is jealous" which is only heard by the Jo men beside her. All Wook could think about was why couldn't his parents like them and  get together too like the natural way the King and Queen always seem to end up together. His parent's past self is really making him afraid if he would come into existence or not.

They are at a restaurant, with chicken at the middle of them. He looks at the food strangely as the Lieutenant starts to eat.

"Why aren't you eating?"

"I don't eat food that wasn't tasted beforehand. I could be poisoned anytime."

"I am sorry, I didn't take you seriously" the Lieutenant said her guilt increasing every time she is reminded of how she was to the man beside her.

"Is that so? Then how have you been eating the food here?"

"Eun Seob did it for me?"

"What?" Na-ri yelled imagining what could have happened.

"Oh! Wait what? when did I do that?" Eun Seob-ah yelled very confused on what the King was talking about not even listening to what Na-ri yelled at him.

Seeing the murderous look on Na-ri's face Tae Eul said quickly, "See fully and then you guys will understand."

"You made him taste your food?"

"I didn't even have to. He always eats first."

"Oh!" an embarrassed look covered Na-ri's face which didn't make sense to Eun Seob at all even though everyone around seemed to understood every thing completely.

"So, are you saying I should taste your food?"

"No. If this food is poisoned and I'm dying here, what I'm saying now will be my last words." the look in his eyes makes her look at him with an annoying outer facade but a curious one inside her.

Lee Gon smiled a little, he knew instinctively she was faking too much anger on him because of his theories. He was so glad he didn't let go of her because of her initial treatment of him.

"Shoot"

"Thank you for everything. Because you existed somewhere, I was less lonely for the past 25 years." His response leaves her dumbfounded.

Shin Jae froze for a second, whatever may he think about the King he wasn't a bad person, especially for Tae Eul. He might turn out to be a good man for Tae Eul after all.

He starts to eat impressed with the taste of the food. Unknown to them two people under baseball hats are looking over them hiding behind the big menus. They keep looking at the King and Queen repeatedly. Their clothes seem to be speckled with dirt and traces of blood. But none of it was seen by the couple as they continued eating and chatting. 

Everyone looked curious at the screen except Eun Ah and Wook who seemed to be discussing something about their parents very secretly.

Tae Eul then asks the King, "What did you do in the library?"

"I read about your world's history. I wanted to know how different it is from my world."

"So, how is it different?"

"The history of this country separated since Prince Sohyeon. In your world, he passed away early while in my world, he remained in history as King Yeongjong. He stopped the Qing invasion. The history of the two worlds started to go separate ways since and ended up here now. It seemed that in your world, the country was quickly grown through intensive industrialization since the war and division. I was impressed."

Yeong and Seung-ah's  eyes widened as they listened to the Republic's history, it looked like something out of a novel or a TV show for them. Parallel universes indeed!

"Do u write novels online? Is that what you wrote until now?" Tae Eul says smiling although a bit hesitantly seeing his earnest expression. She has seen many lunatics in her profession but no one with such conviction in their bizarre story.

Little Gon's voice is heard as the grown up King looks at his Queen, "Do you think it's here? The reason why I survived that day"

Guilt skyrocketed in Tae Eul's heart, why couldn't she have been a little flexible to his words and gave him the benefit of the doubt.

Lady No Ok-nam replies to the young King's question, "Even on a night like that, a baby is born. Isn't it great?" The both of them are looking at the newly born Maximus.

"WOW" Wook and Eun Ah exclaimed receiving smiles from others, they forgot that even though they travelled in time they are still kids.

"That night,  I heard the sound of a flute." The flashback of how the little Gon entered the King's room during the night of the treason is shown.

"Do you think it was the sound of the Manpasikjeok?"

"No way. Manpasikjeok doesn't make any sound, Your Majesty. That's not true. I definitely heard it. That's why I went to Cheonjongo. I couldn't hear anything else because the flute was too loud. I couldn't even hear the gun fire."

"I wonder how many lies has she said to protect me" Lee Gon mumbled to himself.

Little Maximus is running around as the Court Lady looks at the King with a mixture of concern and surprise, "I didn't know you remembered everything because you have never mentioned what happened that day."

"I held onto two things that night. I'm asking if one of them is in the whip you are holding. Also, whether or not you have the other one."

"That's right." The Court Lady takes the whip in her hand and says, " I have been keeping it in secret and I brought it to give it back to you despite my fear. What an odd thing it is. Something that is silent made a sound and something that cannot be identified exists." She looks at Tae Eul's identity card as she speaks.

"With Dad this smart, of course Jung was smart" Eun Ah mused remembering about her brother who always seem to be the only one not caught in any trouble even though he was the originator in almost most of them.

"Which is why I wished you had forgotten everything." Then the Lady gives both the Id card and the whip to the King as the young King asks, "Is this a secret between us?"

"Yes, Your Majesty."

The young King thinks in his mind as he looks at the things in his hand, "Do you think it is here? The reason why I survived that day."

Gon gave a tight hand squeeze to his Queen to convey every thing was okay. Her shoulders did loosen up a little even though she knew this guilt was something she would carry as long she will live. She had no right to be this much rude to a good person like this.

The present day Lee Gon asks the Lieutenant in exasperation, "Why do you never believe anything I say?"

"Is that how belief works? Am I supposed to believe nonsense just like that? I'm the type of person who still can't believe that the earth is round. But a parallel universe? Pre-meal bakery? Stop your nonsense and eat before it gets cold. Just do one thing before we get your DNA test result. Do nothing."

"Even though she is harsh, she has a point" Yeong thought his shortcomings towards the Lieutenant easing up a little at the way she was treating his King.

Looking at her with a curious gaze Lee Gon asks, "If you don't believe me, why do you help me? Is it some kind of duty?"

"You need that only when you have to save the country."

"Then why?"

"There's no reason. I just do it. I'm a police officer of the Republic of Korea."

"Deflecting the answer" Seung Ah said before remembering who was beside her. It looked like the King liked the Lieutenant completely. She didn't think there was any future for the Captain's feelings for the King.

"Anything else? Is there any other reason? The reason why I have to stay in your world? Could there be a reason?"

"Ah! they are so romantic" Wook sighed before giving a dark look towards his younger version father over Eun Ah's head. He should really get some lessons from the King.

Jeong Tae Eul-iee looks flustered at his questions while the King looks intently at her as to find all the answers to his questions.