When Juliet greets Romeo with handcuffs

When there is a silver of Hope

wall

 

I will not panic, sure she just figured out she had a future daughter with that man. That's nothing to be afraid of. Even though she was pretty sure she and him belonged to two separate worlds literally. One thing was sure she comes to love this weird man and honestly he wasn't that bad of a choice. Tae Eul thinking these thoughts glared at the man beside her he could have just told her whose daughter Eun Ah was. She can't believe she didn't figure it out sooner. No one seems to notice her lapse of attention as they continued to watch the first meeting of the King and her. It does look magical from one perspective she supposes.

hug

The King is hugging Tae Eul by pulling her in surprise, knocking the breath out of her. She pushes him away in indignation "What are you doing? Are you out of your mind? Can't you see my id card?" pulling the card once again to show him. 

"I  don't think that was what that was going on his mind" Eun Ah said to Wook as she sat at the edge of her seat watching her parents. Really who could say they had an opportunity like this.

"I'm a police officer. What are you doing?"

Miffed at her tone he says, "That was a greeting."

"What?"

Yeong wanted to face palm really, this was precisely the reason everyone thought the King was not at all interested in the female gender.

Seung Ah really wanted to go and hug the Captain, he looks really miffed at the screen. Oh first love!

"Because I'm happy to see you. So, you were across the universe. You really existed. And after 25 years, you're still a lieutenant."

Taking her id she flips to over which shows her rank of being a lieutenant which has the same information as the one the King has. Suppressing her anger Tae Eul asks, "How do you know my rank?"

"I do really sound like a stalker, don't I?" the King asked his bodyguard who was keeping his distance from him. Unfortunately the Captain was feeling second-hand embarrassment because of his King.

"I have been watching you for a long time. Although you may not believe me."

standing-opp

 

"If you knew I wouldn't believe you, why would you say such bull? I will ask you again, sir. Show me your id."

Smiling lightly Lee Gon responds, "I'm afraid I can't. I don't have an id."

Wook tilting his head looked at the screen. The King's action reminded him of the late Prince Lee Jung Ah, that boy was always in trouble with the law. He missed that reckless idiot but his misery was nowhere as Eun Ah's as he looked at her. Sometimes he was seriously impressed with Lee Eun Ah's strength.

"Why do you not have an id?"

"Because I am who I am." Tae Eul gives a look like 'Is this guy for real'.

"Wait how about we make a game out of seeing how many times Tae Eul Unnie can look at King Arthur like, he is an idiot. Like count them or something. That means let's take this as one" Eun Seob-ah said excitedly slightly jumping in his seat. Those near him only heard what he said and were eager to do that.

 Shin Jae hearing this said, "I am out of it, I don't wanna be a part", 'as if the idea of seeing them together is not enough I don't want to be a part of their celebration too', he thought. But Na-ri, Seung Ah, Wook and Eun Ah nodded their assent for this challenge intrigued. As they made their plans quietly Tae Eul  on seeing them grouped asked, "Guys! What are you doing?"

"Nothing" Eun Seob-ah said looking like a kid who was caught with a hand in the cookie jar.

 Tae Eul nodded somewhat not believing him fully.

"I guess you won't believe this either."

"What the..."

"It seems that my feelings are conveyed, and you are confused so I will sum up the current situation. I am the King of the Kingdom of Corea. I crossed the dimension with lightning and thunder while chasing after a suspicious person and arrived here. I was confused for a while, but after giving it some thought, I came to the conclusion that this is a parallel universe" The King replies remembering his journey through the portal and the different world he was confronted with.

"Yes, anybody would give this explanation. I mean you did say everything right" Yeong said sarcastically looking at his King while Tae Eul suppressed a giggle at the face the King made.

With both her eyebrows raised Jeong Tae Eul asks, "This is a parallel universe?"

Eun Ah happily said, "Two" which was not heard at the other end of the sofa even though Tae Eul-iee was giving some hidden looks to Eun Ah from the moment she figured out her identity.

Nodding the King replies, "It is a bit different, but let's not get into the details. There's already one thing that makes a big difference."

Noticing the King staring off Tae eul also looks towards the skyline where many billboards are lit. A billboard with Queen Yuna The Beginning of a new legend is seen.

"What does he a crush on Queen Yuna or something" Seung Ah asked a little loudly making everyone look at her. As the King was looking rather offended at her, she continued, "It's just your expression looks different, that's all." Seeing that his expression was not changing Seung Ah directed her attention towards the screen which thankfully started playing.

Na-ri wanted to yell at her doppelganger that it was the expression of a man in love but not towards Queen Yuna but to her Tae Eul-iee Unnie.

 The King remarks on seeing that, "It seems that this country is ruled by a Queen in this universe and she seems to be pretty beloved. Tae Eul looks at him in shock to see if he was really sane. Looking here and there she tells him nodding, "We do love our Queen Yuna. She's loved by the whole nation."

"Three" Eun Seob said really loving the game, because this game was somewhat making everyone take their mind off the murder and gore which he was sure was not over yet.

"Just like I am. Now, me to your Queen and give well-dried grass and water to Maximus, my seventh grade official."

"How am I supposed to take you to Queen Yuna? You've got to buy a ticket" Tae Eul says with her teeth clenched.

Na-ri giggling and nudging Eun Seob-ah said, "Four." Eun Seob sat still at her contact, he wished he could muster up the courage to her to tell how he felt about her,  'Ah! Na-ri ya' he sighed dreamily looking at her secretly.

"There seems to be something wrong with our conversation. Am I right?"

"Now you're talking sense" saying this she takes a step towards him angrily muttering "This is annoying."

Eun Ah giggling at the angry expression of her mother that she has missed to see and said, "Five" as she hi-fied Wook who was grinning widely at her.

She backs off as she notices the people surrounding them taking photos of the King and contemplating whether he was a celebrity or an actor mesmerized by his handsomeness.

Taking a deep breath brushing her hair in anger she says, "So, you're saying you came from a parallel universe, where you are the King of the Kingdom of Corea and there was lightning on your way here. And the horse is a seventh-grade official. Is that what you're saying now?" gesturing to the horse and talks in no-nonsense manner.

Seung Ah and Na-ri in chorus said, "Six" and giggled at each other. The King leaned towards Tae Eul and asked, "Do you know what's happening to everyone?"

Tae Eul looked around and whispered to him, "I don't know about them" she said indicating the side containing the childish members playing the games "but I am sure that you are the reason for that one" indicating Yeong who had half a hand covering his face.

The King observing the Lieutenant says, "It looks like you don't understand what a parallel universe is. Did you not study science?"

Exasperated she yells in frustration, "What is this half-crazy bastard?"

Holding up his hand Wook whisper yells, "Seven" and directs his gaze towards the screen as he notices his younger version father looking at him. Honestly the King, Queen and the Captain should just ask out loud about his and the Princess's origins. The trio are playing a very poor game of just hide and no seek.

Looking highly offended the King asks, "Is this what your personality is like?"

Remembering what he said that day Tae Eul turns towards Lee Gon with her eyebrows raised. Lee Gon held his hands in a surrendering manner and said in a calm tone, "I meant that in an impressed manner."

"Yes" saying this she puts her hair in a ponytail and continues, "My personality has been like this for about 30 years now. Why?"

"I have never imagined it. I thought you would rather be softer...This is new" The King says completely confused.

Eun Ah turned to look at him and thought didn't her father say that his love was 'love at first sight' but this looks different from everything her father told her based on their reactions.

Scoffing at him she replies, "Sure. Enough with the self-introduction. Let me introduce myself now."

Getting right on his face she says, "You didn't show me your id, you violated the traffic law, and you touched the body of a police officer on duty. Right? You have the right to an attorney, and you have the right to remain silent. If you move, it will only hurt more."

She moves to clasps his hands behind his back with him yelping at her for man-handling him. He tries saying, "I am the King of the Kingdom of Corea---Ah Ah My arm" he yells as she twists his hand further to shut him up.

Shin Jae starts smiling first which starts a chain reaction resulting in everyone laughing at the scene. 'The King yelping in pain' became something that brought everyone's laughter to the surface.

A police station entrance with a forensic police cruiser entering it is seen as people are admiring the horse parked outside the police station muttering, "What a handsome white horse-What is it?-What's going on?-It looks so pretty-It makes a great photo."

"Well Maximus does likes to pose for photos" the King said observing the scene.

"Just like it's owner" Tae Eul muttered remembering the the planned photos of the Prime Minister and him.

Two forensic officials exit from the cruiser who are awed by the horse standing outside which prompts them to question, "Where did you come from?-What's going on?-I haven't seen a real white horse.-What's this?"

"She was really pretty when she was young wasn't she?" Wook asked the Princess indicating Maximus but the Princess had her eyes glued to the screen. Well at least she was enjoying herself.

Inside the station Tae Eul asks the King, "Let me ask you again. What's your name?"

"I can tell you, but you can't call me by that. That's my answer again" Lee Gon answers sitting in the suspect's chair.

"No one cares" Yeong replies seeing the screen throwing his hand in the air. Suppressing a gasp, Lee Gon asks, "Yeong what is happening to you?" 

Yeong just turned and indicated his finger at the King. Seung Ah seeing this muttered to herself, "Love is hard."

Tae Eul glances at the computer, away from him controlling her anger as the King continues saying, "The name is not supposed to be called."

"Eight" Na-ri and Eun Seob yelled together gaining attention from others which they just shrugged off.

"Then let's say it's Kim Gae-ddong for convenience's sake" typing at the computer.

Startled the King asks, "Gae-ddong as in dog poop? You could have called me Hong Gil-dong or Mr.so-and-so. And my family name isn't even Kim."

Eun Ah started laughing looking at her father and mother. Wow many truths are coming to light. She just has to wait until the future is changed and if she remembers these, she would have so much things to tease about. Ah! What a nice thought.

Ignoring what he said Tae Eul continues her interrogation "Mr.Kim Gae-ddong, take out all your belongings and put them here. If you disobey the order, I will take them out myself."

Seeing her no-nonsense face he begrudgingly starts taking out his belongings while Tae Eul wears gloves to inspect them.

"Why does a King need these many things in his own Kingdom" Eun Seob-ah asked confused.

"So that he could escape anytime he wanted" Wook replied clearly speaking from experience. Lee Gon gave a look at him for that, if he knows this information then he must be close to his family and his.....Princess.

"I will check your belongings." She takes his wallet and drops the things one by one on to the table-his id, cards, watch, money and a talisman. The King silently looks at her then noticing the talisman he replies, "Right, it was there too." As Tae Eul looks at him holding the talisman for an explanation he continues, "Think of it as the concern of the Head Court Lady over the Royal Ancestral Shrine."

"Which I think is working perfectly" Na-ri said giggling at the screen. If only there was such a shaman in their world, she would have made Eun Seob-ah more courageous from their help.

Nodding at him she replies, "Okay."

"Should we consider this?" Eun Ah asked confused looking at the screen. Seung Ah nodded saying, "Well, I can tell you she is very annoyed right now. It's a skill you pick up from a job like mine."

"Okay then, Nine" Eun Ah said returning her attention back to the screen.

Opening the wallet she looks further as she notices the money with his face on it and pulls them out waving at him in disbelief questioning, "A Hundred Thousand Won[1]?"

"Ten" Eun Seob said singing and continued, "You guys really have King Arthur's face on the money."

"Yes" Seung Ah nodded looking at him excitedly opening to explain everything about their currency state.

Yeong standing up walked towards his doppelganger and shakes hands with him, directing Eun Seob-ah's gaze towards him. Then he started saying, "I have personally seen the minting process myself, so you can ask me any questions."

Everyone stared at him in wonder but Na-ri nodded at him in acceptance. Lee Gon enraged asked his unbreakable sword, "Yeong-ah why are you sitting away from me, your King?"

"It's really embarrassing sitting next to you right now. so I am going to sit here for the time being" Yeong said preparing to sit himself between Na-ri and Eun Seob-ah.

"No! It's okay, you sit over there. We are childhood friends you see so, we have so much to talk about. So, I think it would be best for you to sit over there" Eun Seob-ah said his voice a little panicky looking at the intimidating Yeong.

When Yeong tried to sit in-between Seung Ah and Na-ri, Seung Ah intertvened and indicated the seat between her and Wook. Yeong sat there finally resisting the urge to smile at his doppelganger.

Wook wanted to dance like crazy very badly but controlled himself with a hidden fist bump which Eun Ah saw clearly. His Dad and Mom are sitting together.

What's wrong? Don't you guys have 100 Thousand Won bills here?"

"Did you play Monopoly yesterday? Did you get to  buy much land?"

"How could Yeong leave me...?" Gon asked whining at Tae Eul. 

"Aigoo, you really don't observe that much do you? Look at those lovebirds" Tae Eul said.

"You really shouldn't be lecturing about observance, you know" Lee Gon replied looking to see what she was indicating about, which ends him in pouting at seeing nothing. 

Tae Eul blushed on hearing that, that dense man who is he finding fault with her. She turned towards him to give him a peace of mind when Shin Jae said, "Please be quiet, can't hear what's happening on the screen."

"Will you keep talking down to me?" he asks somewhat upset but Tae Eul retorts back to him saying, "Kim Gae-ddong has been talking down to me since Gwanghwamun."

"I am sorry for hurting you like that" Tae Eul said looking at the King.

"No, it's okay. As I am seeing it right now I can understand how frustrating it was for you" the King replied looking at his Queen with a smile. 

"I'm three years older than you."

"Oppa!" Tae Eul thought with a smile on her face.

"Does that matter right now?" Looking at the money once again she says in amazement, "Goodness. It looks quite real. There's a chance that this can be involved in crimes or fraud. So I'm seizing it." She then puts them in an evidence bag closing it tightly. Then a female forensic specialist gives something to the Lieutenant.

"When will we get the result?"

"In about two hours. Bring it to the office" The female forensic officer looking at the King goes away after speaking to Tae Eul.

Tae Eul responds, "Okay. I'll bring it to you straight away." She then puts her hair in a firm ponytail while the King questions, "What's that?"

"You don't have an id, you failed to identify yourself, and you've been uncooperative with police. You know that, right? I need your cooperation with the fingerprint identification" Tae Eul says as she uncovers the fingerprint kit and reaches for his hand which he pulls away.

"Eleven" Wook said looking at the whining King on the screen. Well he always did seem different with the Queen.

Raising his hand at her in warning he says, "No one is allowed to touch my body. Even you--Ah Ah"

Everyone laughed at that, even Yeong had a small smile on his face. This place is making him different he thought with a small head shake.

hand-2

Tae Eul twists his arm and gets his finger print impression with him yelping and jumping on the chair a little.

Eun Ah smiled at the screen, "Oh! if only her brother were her, he would be smirking so hard thinking of the all the blackmail material he could procure."

Smirking a little the King replies to save his dignity, "Don't think that you just overpowered me. I have trained my body with all kinds of exercises." Receiving no response from Tae Eul as she silently keeps on getting his fingerprint he says, "You seem to not believe me. I wish I get to prove it. Rowing, horse-riding, taekwondo, fencing, boxing..Ah Ah.." the King yelps more as the Lieutenant uses more strength.

The King placed a hand on his face, enduring it once was humiliating enough and now everyone was seeing it.

The Kingdom of Corea

The palace is shown where the Head Court Lady cautiously looks to see if there any eavesdroppers before joining a conversation with Prince Buyeong. 

"They always have these secret tea parties without me" Lee Gon murmured pouting.

"His Majesty went out again?" the older Royal member questioned.

"Yes, He went out without permission again in the early evening."

"Always causing trouble" Yeong thought sitting uncomfortably between the two excited members beside him.

"I thought so since my security level has been elevated. Where has he gone this time? Did he go to see the ice cap again?"

"Ice caps?" Tae Eul questioned the King turning towards him.The King just grinned sheepishly.

Huffing the court lady replied, "No, not there. He left all his winter clothes. This time, I have no clue. Captain Jo assumes that he disappeared through the bamboo forests near the racetracks."

Prince Buyeong starts laughing at that making the court lady roll her eyes in exasperation. "Just until last summer, he was shameless about running away."

"So, all the members of your family are like this" Wook asked Eun Ah looking at the screen. Eun Ah grinned just like her father did few moments ago sheepishly.

"This is no laughing matter. You should really knock some sense into him this time. Don't ask him if he had fun this time."

"But that's my biggest interest. So, what should we say this time? We have already used acute gastritis and acne caused by the change of the season."

Laughing Shin Jae tried to imagine the King with acute gastritis and acne and that mental image really comforted his heart.

Thinking for a moment the elder lady replies, "Why don't you use the method that you used a year ago? Let's say he cooped himself up in his study because he has math fever again. Let's say he even has the Prince over to help him solve math problems."

"Hmmm...I guess I should stay here for a few hours. Looks like we will have another rush of applicants for science and engineering" The Prince says amused.

"This is so frustrating. Captain Jo said he's searching, so let's hope he finds something."

Seung Ah looked at the Captain with sadness, he was so handsome why did he have to bat for the other team. Life was not fair sometimes.

In the bamboo forest the Royal hunting dogs are searching for the scent of the King while the guards are all searching for the King with their flashlights as night has already fallen. 

Yeong looks down crouching on the ground to see the faded tracks muttering to himself, "The CCTV caught him pass by the sixth point but not the seventh point. The only thing that is between the two is this bamboo forest but the footprints stops here. It means he disappeared here, which makes no sense." Sub captain Seok Ho-pil and Park In Yeong approach the Captain with a hunting dog each in their hand.

It's times like these that the King feels guilty. Even though these trips make him think like he was a common man, he is the King and his life doesn't belong to him alone but to his country. And his disappearing acts are making the guards overwork and worry unnecessarily which wasn't what he intended to happen.

in-pil

"I will check the CCTV footage again to make sure we didn't miss anything and search again" the Sub Captain says to the Captain.

"Right. That makes sense. It's either you missed something, or I missed what you missed. You two take care of it. Just the two of you. You know what I mean."

"Yes"

"I will be on the outside duty, so call me to keep me updated" the Captain turns to leave but turns around and asks as the two guards bow to him, "You said His Majesty went to check if it's a clock or rabbit, right?"

"I did" the King replied smiling at all the Captain did for him.

"Yes" the sub captain replied.

In an interrogation room the thugs who were firing in the event are sitting in prison with her hands in cuffs as they reply repeatedly, "Seriously, we are innocent. We had no idea that His Majesty was there. We were just trying to catch the that ran away with our boss's money and ended up there. That's what happened."

"Who was the woman?" Tae Eul questioned remembering the reason why the King was in her world in the first place.

"Why are you jealous?"

That made her turn towards him so fast that gave him a whiplash, "Why would I be jealous?" Tae Eul said scoffing at the nerve of the man to ask a question like that to her.

Yeong looks at them distastefully as they continue explaining, "The doesn't have a home nor does she have an identity. We must get her while she's in our sight. Otherwise, we can't. Please be generous."

The police man who is also there says turning to Jo Yeong, "You see, we did some investigation and what they said mostly correspond to what happened."

Looking at the culprits unflinchingly Jo Yeong asks, "Did you find the women they were chasing?"

"Not yet. We have our eyes on her too because she's committed various crimes like theft and assault. But we don't know her face nor name. We rather got tips from these guys. What is she called again."

"Luna--Luna"

"I can't believe she was like that in this timeline no matter how much proof I have in front of my eyes" Wook said whispering to Eun Ah.

"I know right, she is completely a different person in this time line" Eun Ah replied moving closer to Wook so that her uncle and godfather Jo Yeong doesn't hear about what they were talking about.

"I will call as soon as we catch her."

Turning to the officer Jo Yeong requests, "Please prepare the CCTV footage of her as well."

"I will."

Republic of Korea, 2019

"Hey. Hey. Hey. Give me a cushion to sit on or at least a chair. I have never sat on the floor before." The King whines from his place inside the the police station prison. The Lieutenant completely ignoring him continues doing her work further aggravating the King. 

"Oh! he looks so cute" Seung Ah said to which the Na-ri enthusiastically agrees receiving a small smile from Tae Eul as well.

But Eun Seob and Yeong had very different reactions from Tae Eul on seeing the Myeong doppelgangers response.

jail

"I know you can hear me."

Eun Ah laughed hard at that which made Tae Eul smile at her. At least she was not the only person to find this funny. And somehow it made her think if it was the same in the future also.

Just then a person enters speaking loudly for all the station to hear. "Is he the person you talked about? Prince charming?" Lee Gon looks for who is appearing by the corridor as a man enters wearing a dark cap and a social service uniform. He is Jo Eun Seob.

Eun Seob gets up from his place on the sofa and turns towards all of them standing in front of the screen. 

"What you are going to see is the most awesome person alive's magnificent entrance, you should really feel blessed to witness such a scene in your life."

The girls and Wook giggled at the Busan native man while the guys gave him a weird look.

Lee Gon looks at him in wonderment calling him, "Yeong. Isn't that you, Yeong?" It looks like they are both staring at each other while Eun Seob breaking the eye contact asks him, "What's your problem?" in busan accent.

Yeong really wanted to hit himself in the face, but controlled himself by giving the King a glare. They have known each other since he was three years old, how could he mistake someone else for him.

As Eun Seob walks away the King earnestly calls after him, "I'm here. This way." Eun Seob looks at Jeong Tae Eul for an explanation who takes the earphones out of her ears.

"He says he's not a prince but a King. He says he can't sit on the floor."

"Twelve" Na-ri said really happy to continue the game again while Shin Jae replied sarcastically on seeing the screen, "And that happens in everyday life"

"I see."

From the jail the King replies, "See? I knew you could hear me."

"Everyone knew she could hear you" Shin Jae again replied earning a curious glance from the Lieutenant.

Straightening up with a smile looking at Eun Seob the King says, "Yeong, I had no idea that you would follow me."

"Doesn't he look a little creepy?" Wook asked looking at the screen to which Eun Ah glared at him.

"He's a little scary. Director asked me to pass this to Squad Three. This is for delivery" he says with a little dance as he pockets Tae Eul's food. As he continues to dance around happily.

The King looks flabbergasted at the display and says in shocked tone, "He's....not....Yeong. He's not."

Tae Eul patted the King's shoulder's empathically seeing his on-screen self in humiliation.

 

 

[1] A Hundred thousand won - Money in South Korea.

 

 

WOW! It's been more than a week. It was really a big deal finishing this chapter with my hand pain and exams and little to no-sleep. And originally this chapter had more than 7000 words so I split it into two chapters guys, so you might get the next chapter early. I hope you really enjoy this chapter. Cause I have really really worked hard for this.

 

Bye :) Hopefully see you soon.