Interrogation to flirting

When there is a silver of Hope

"Yeong? You kept saying that name. Who is that? My name is Jo Eun Seob."

Slamming the desk Tae Eul asks, "WHY do you answer him? Don't talk to him."

"Thirteen" Eun Seob said.

"One should not ignore what others say. There's a horse outside. It was one dashing horse. Are you the owner of the horse? He's like King Arthur. King Arthur rides a white horse, you know. I loved that cartoon. Did you see it?" While he was talking Lee Gon was looking at him baffled while Tae Eul completely ignored him.

"I've had practice" Tae Eul replies at seeing the amazed look on others face for her nonchalant attitude towards Eun Seob's babbling.

Looking at the watch in the evidence basket, "My, look at that watch. What is it?"

"That watch is........" the King started which Tae Eul interrupts by saying, "If you start the speech again, you can sit here with the watch and i will go sit somewhere else."

That shut the King up fast.

Tae Eul indicates the King while Eun Seob also looks at him. The King looking proud replies, "At least you have good taste. It's the only watch in this world that was made to celebrate the first victory of Maximus, my fine horse. Right. There are two worlds now. It's the only watch in two worlds. Yeong would have recognized right away that the accurate watch doesn't go faster or slower even by one-tenth of a second."

Yeong didn't know if he should happy or not for the King is mentioning him in every sentence or Eun Seob is reminding the King of him.

"I get it. He talks with elegance just like his horse. I wish my horses were as elegant."

"I do have horses too, you know."

"You do?" the King asks shocked.

Eun Seob starts laughing remembering the incident that took place earning a weird look from Na-ri and Shin Jae.

"Hmm.. Horseradish[1], Sawhorse[2], Red horse[3]." Lee Gon rolls his eyes in exasperation as Tae Eul too gets feds up by his behavior.

Before Wook could open his mouth, Eun Ah said, "No! this doesn't count." Jo Wook pouted at her while Jo Yeong looked at Wook intensely something was really up with these kids.

"Eun Seob-ah" taking the watch in her hand "It's seven already. Aren't you going home?"

As she tries to keep the watch back on the basket the King's voice is heard yelling, "Wait! I didn't want to say this, but please lay it on a piece of paper. It has never been laid on the floor."

Both Tae Eul and Eun Seob stare at him. Eun Seob in sympathy says, "He seems pretty ill."

Seeing her father as a King and treated as the same all her life, it was sure interesting to see him look insane for other people. It was so hilarious. Her thought was broken by Seung Ah saying, "Fourteen."

"Why fourteen?" Yeong questioned the Royal palace employee to which first Seung Ah flushed at the Captain directly addressing and talking to her in such close proximity. Then she put on a calm facade and told him all about the game they made up.

Yeong nodded his interest not particularly on what the pretty new employee was explaining about but something else or someone else.

"That's why I told you not to talk to him." Lee Gon punches the jail cell in indignation as Eun Seob leaves. Just then as Tae Eul looks over some paperwork her phone rings indicating, Forensics Team, Gyeong-Ran.

Outside the station, "You can't find his identity? At all?" As Gyeong-Ran nods she continues, "Are you saying he's an unidentified man? Even those who aren't registered anymore have records."

"Well you don't have records either in the Kingdom" Lee Gon said noticing the expression on of the on-screen Tae Eul.

"So, you have said" Tae Eul said remembering how much has changed since then.

"I know. But we found nothing. I haven't seen any adult over 30 whose fingerprints aren't registered. It's a rare case, but there's a chance that he was a child that went missing before registering his fingerprints." Then the forensic officer gives something to Tae Eul and says, "Take his DNA sample and send it to the Women and Juvenile Division. I will have to look at the flier once again. I don't know who made it, but it looks like real money. Good bye."

Tae Eul scoffs at the explanation, "Oh Bye. Gosh! I dug my own grave. Seriously, who are you?"

"Your future husband" Eun Ah replied to herself with an insane grin. Oh! they were so cute.

As she walks back she keeps thinking "Why the hell am I thinking that he might be telling the truth. Come to your senses Tae Eul!"

"Lieutenant Jeong Tae Eul" Shin Jae and Lee Gon said at the same time astonished at knowing that she believed him from the start at least a little bit.

"Ahh...Open your mouth" Tae Eul asks holding the cotton swab in her hand towards the King sitting on the chair opposite her once again. The King silently looks into her eyes intensely before saying , "You tried to identify my fingerprints, but you failed to identify me. Is that right? It means I don't exist in this world and the two worlds aren't exactly the same."

Shaking her head slightly Tae Eul asks, "Will you keep talking nonsense? I said, "Open your mouth."

"Just like I don't exist here, you didn't exist in my world either. It took me a while to find you and some effort to confirm it. Your affiliation was questionable and a photo of you and your birth date was the only lead I had."

"I do sound like a stalker" the King thought to himself.

Tae Eul closes the DNA swab and leans back and looks at him, "A photo? Are you saying you have a photo of me?" As he nods she asks, "Why? Why do you have a photo of me? Seriously, what are you? You said this the moment you saw me 'I've finally met you' Why did you finally meet me?"

"You had better worry about your life. Anyone who talks down to me like you, gets beheaded."

"They started flirting just as soon as they met, Wow!" Na-ri thought watching the couple's interaction.

"Are you a spy? Is your mission to explode this police station? Is that why secretly investigated me?"

"You don't look that important..."

"So this is Fifteen, right" Yeong asked looking at Seung Ah to which she beamed at him for participating in the game.

"You should tone it down a bit or else everyone will find out" Eun Ah said looking at the over excited Wook at watching his parent's interaction. Who knew he would be the number one shipper of his parents relationship.

Slamming the desk Tae Eul asks firmly, "Do you know me?"

"I was curious about you, and I thought about you a lot. You also look better in life."

"Wait, if this is the King then that man we talked about........" Na-ri asked turning towards Tae Eul who shushed her to not say anything else. Lee Gon looked at the Lieutenant with suspicion. Tae Eul released her breath, no one needs to know about the girls night. That is one secret she is taking to the grave.

Tae Eul stares at him dumbfounded as Lee Gon continues, "That young man is the Captain of the Royal Guards in my world. Some people don't exist in both worlds like you and me."

"So, this is a parallel world? Prove it."

"The proof is right in front of you. I came from the other world." As Tae Eul looks at him thinking why she can't detect his lies.

"Well he did look sincere from the start, I was little too rude to him" Tae Eul thought remembering how she behaved with him.

"Why do you look at me like that?"

"How else would I look at you?"

"You must make sure they don't give me the wrong idea. Right now, your eyes are those of a criminal. A petty criminal. You don't have other proofs do you?"

"You know I still can't believe you told me that" Lee Gon said grumbling.

Tae Eul giggling said, "Then should I have said that you had the prettiest deep set eyes I have ever seen when I am interrogating you?"

"Maybe"

"Lieutenant Jeong Tae Eul, to help you understand I will give you a simple explanation. Quantum mechanics that Albert Einstein discovered..." he places a hand on his head frustrated "You know. I don't know about other things, but I know my eyes are charming. I was born with deep-set eyes" he says indicating his eyes.

 

The girls giggled at that murmuring how cute he looked earning disapproving looks from the men sitting beside them while the King puffed his chest in pride.

"What about the Quantum mechanics that Albert Einstein discovered? Did the mechanics fix a car or something?"

"Oh!" Shin Jae said realizing what Tae Eul is doing.

Looking at her in horror Lee Gon continues taking a deep breath, "Quantum mechanics that Albert Einstein discovered led to the parallel universe theory. The theory where our universe consists of particles and can exist in two places if particles that form substances......Blah blah blah."

The computer screen with swirling design is shown as he continues talking as everything he says goes over Tae Eul's head. Tae Eul looks at him as he says, "I guess that didn't help. The theory where our universe----."

"I don't think anyone understood" Eun Seob said looking at everyone for confirmation while Eun Ah said, "Why? it is so simple, Einstein's theory led to many discoveries one of which we are experiencing right now."

Yeong looked at the young girl shocked, how he could not realize something this big which was right in front of his eyes. He kept looking between the King and the girl. The final nail in the coffin was the nod of confirmation he received from the Lieutenant.

The King gets interrupted mid speech as Tae Eul shoves a cotton swab inside his mouth. Taking the sample she encloses the DNA sample replying, "Thanks for the speech."

"Nice way to shut him up" Wook replied smiling at the similar way the father daughter duo get carried away when explaining something.

Kingdom of Corea

Prime Minister is seen exiting the cabinet meet with her secretary in tow as she tells to herself, "They are all idiots. I thought I would see only gorgeous men once I become the prime minister."

"That is true only in drama" Seung Ah said mumbling although her work place did have few gorgeous men, the prime example sitting beside her.

The secretary smiling slightly starts to say, "But you..." He then looks around before whispering silently as a man approaches them, "But you formed the cabinet."

"I know. I choose them to shoot in the foot" the Prime Minister says looking at the older man looking at them. She continues, "So, that was it for today, right?"

"Yes, ma'am."

"Well at least she is a good Prime Minister" Tae Eul thought bitterly.

Then she turns to the older man and says, "I will see you tomorrow." The man looks on as they exit.

As the Prime Minister is getting ready for a comfortable night she questions, "Is the article on the state administration published?"

"Yes, Here" the secretary fumbles as he produces a i-pad with the document on them.

As she looks at them the secretary replies, "And starting from tomorrow the schedule of His Majesty is open for a week. So, I had looked into it and the security level for Prince Buyeong has elevated, as expected."

"The spies of the Prime Minister are relentless" the King rubbing his temples in tension thought to himself. He can't be himself in his own home because of this.

Huffing the Prime Minister replies, "So, the King ran off again" as she takes a whiskey bottle from the side table poring herself a glass as the secretary says, "Maybe he has a woman."

"That woman is here. If the King has a woman, that woman has to be me. I'm trying to make the whole nation believe that, so it would be bad if he has another woman. Is she young? Is she pretty?"

Tae Eul suddenly had a need to punch something.

Thinking critically the secretary replies, "The chance must be pretty high."

"Get out."

"Yes ma'am."

The Prime Minister drinks as she looks at the document looking at the pictures from the Royal stables of her and the King and smiles at the comments written below murmuring, "He was right. The left side of my face looks prettier. The lipstick was a bit too much."

 

"Really" Tae Eul thought bitterly, she didn't like that this woman was bringing feeling these nasty feelings in her.

Republic of Korea

Lee Gon and Tae Eul walk out of the police station and Tae Eul gives his stuff back saying, "I'm letting you go because I'm a good cop. Consider yourself lucky."

Taking his things he replies, "I was bound to be freed after 48 hours anyway because there's no reason to arrest me."

"Yes, but you got out earlier. How can I contact you when I get the DNA test result?" Tae Eul asks as the King looks at her amused.

"And this is Sixteen" Na-ri said looking at the screen while mindlessly wringing her fingers, if the good scenes are ending that means the bad ones will come soon.

"Right. Well....." he rummages through his pocket for a paper which he gives to her saying, "You can contact me here. I heard this was near your place."

Taking the piece of paper she asks, "Who says that?" the paper has Royal Infinity Hotel written on it. "Was his name Eun Seob?"

Tae Eul glared at the young man, she didn't forget how he had been going behind her back working with the King.

"I heard he was your junior in high school. And also heard that your father runs a taekwondo center."

 

Nodding at him biting her lips in frustration she asks, "Do you even know how expensive this hotel is? This is a five-star hotel. Do you have money?"

"Seventeen" Eun Ah sing-songed.

"I don't, but I can get some. Where's the nearest jewelry shop around here?" the King asks looking around as he plucks a button from his extravagant jacket. Tae Eul looks at him in confusion as he says, "This is a diamond."

Smirking she asks, "It's a diamond? If that's a diamond, then I'm Princess Diana." She leaves giving back his scrap of paper back to him. The King smirking looks down to the ground.

"Your mom is going to really regret this" Wook said whispering softly to Eun Ah. 

"Na-ri whispered "Eighteen" under her breath.

"I have been a gemologist for 40 years and I haven't seen a diamond with such delicate cuts. I would say it practically has no inclusions at all" as the gemologist is inspecting the diamond the King looks to his jacket smugly.

The King bit his lip controlling the smile that was threatening to come out. This was one of his favorite moments he spent with his Queen.

"Goodness, where did you get this?" Tae Eul in shock turns to look towards him.

"I will ask where they bought it later. The Head Court Lady is in charge. How much can you give me?" the King questions the shop-keeper barely containing his smile while Tae Eul looks at the buttons on his jackets frantically.

Everyone were trying to stay quiet as the Lieutenant was looking rather murdery at her on-screen self's humiliation.

"It's a fine product, but there's no warranty and a fine diamond like this includes risks" the man says as the Lieutenant and the King stare at him. Coughing slightly Tae Eul produces  her id card from her pocket for identification.

"Then the Kingdom must be rich?" Na-ri asked Yeong while Seung Ah interrupted his explanation by explaining Na-ri herself.

"Are you a cop?" the man asks in wonder.

"Yes" Tae Eul answers somewhat uncomfortably while the King tells her, "Why don't you tell him about your other identity?"

Tae Eul huffed as others were looking at the screen with barely hidden laughter.

As Tae Eul looks at him confusion he continues, "Princess Diana." The Lieutenant looks at him barely suppressing her anger.

 

Chuckling Eun Seob-ah said, "He seems to make her extra cranky than regular doesn't he? only a little time has passed since they met and they already met the quota of Nineteen."

Na-ri smiling agreeing to his statement.

As soon as they exit the shop, a woman and a man enter the shop and pawn a diamond which somewhat resembles the one the King just sold off.

Something about the woman was reminding Seung Ah of something while Eun Ah was also racking her mind for what she was forgetting.

 

[1] Horseradish - Horseradish is a perennial plant of the family Brassicaceae. It is a root vegetable, cultivated and used worldwide as a spice and as a condiment.

[2] Sawhorse - a rack supporting wood for sawing.

[3] Red Horse - Red Horse is the first extra-strong beer brand in the Philippines.