The Strangers

When there is a silver of Hope

                                                                                                                      The Strangers

Kim-Go-Eun-Autumn

Seoul Jongo Police Station : Violent crimes Division

Just now the violent crime division got a new rookie after a long time , it has been ages since anyone new joined their team . As the captain was telling Shin-jae sunbae and Tae Eul to show the newbie Jagmi the ropes and to sort  the evidence for their investigation that they found that day earlier , Jeong Tae Eul observed a couple standing at the entrance of the station . They both looked like teenagers but obviously uncomfortable with their surroundings . But what intrigued her the most was their frequent glancing at her and the team . They didn't look like the riff-raff that frequented the station for breaking the law . 

Before Tae Eul could approach the teenagers , her phone started ringing . Noticing an unknown number she takes the call but abruptly hangs the phone when she hears the voice of  Kim Kae ddong (Dog poop) . He has been calling her for a while now , again that insufferable voice came from the phone . If she had met him in another situation she would have even been interested in him , but as he was in an extreme case of delusional reality all she had was annoyance towards him . Just as she opened to reply to him to don't call her again , a car was running straight towards the teenage girl that Jeong Tae Eul was observing . 

Something gripped at her heart at the sight of the car heading towards the girl, she shouted "No!" losing the grip on her mobile and running towards the girl . But thankfully the boy with her pulled her to safety . Tae Eul went to them and started scolding them very loudly and pulling them towards the station to give first aid on noticing their slashed palms . 

While she was talking endlessly which was so unlike her , the teenagers were gaping at her in shock . Tae Eul shared a look with Shin Jae , why was every weird thing happening to her . This sudden connection she felt with these kids , she just couldn't understand it .

"Is there anything I could help you with ? " Tae  Eul asked shaking the duo out of their stupor .

Lee Eun Ah POV:

Entering the Republic of Korea was easy , no one looked at a pair of teenagers closely . Wook-ah had an expression of wonderment on his face , which was so adorable to look at . As the bamboo forest was close to the police station they started walking after asking a kind old man for directions .

"Some one is following us " Wook-ah said to me subtly looking over his shoulder .

"I noticed too , maybe we should confront him " I said not showing any emotions on my face as not to alert their stalker.

"No , let's leave him be . There is no one who knows about us anyway " he answered at my suggestion .

"Let's do that " I said hurrying towards the Jongo Police station entrance . I  just stood there stupefied staring at my mother . Wook tried to nudge the me to go into the station but nothing came out of his efforts .

And then everything was a world wind to me , I remember slowly walking towards my mother when she itself came towards me , took me in her arms , treated my wounds . Just then my mother asked "Is there anything I could help you with ? "

I composed myself and said to her in a serious tone " I need your help to save my family , please can you help me ". Even Wook looked surprised at my direct approach as he too nodded at my mother earnestly .

 

 

Until next chapter , Aniyo!!