Of Marks and Books

MISTAKENLY YOURS

'Sandara Park, Park Bom' 


 

'Neh?' 


 

'See me at the office after class.' 


 

'Neh.'


 

*

 

'So?'


 

'I have to take a remedial exam since I failed the midterms.'


 

'Math?'


 

'That and more.' 



 

'What?!?' 


 

'I actually failed two subjects' Dara said nonchalantly. 'And don't give me that look Bom, you failed as well' 


 

'Yah! At least I only failed Math unlike you!' 



 

As they both took a glance at their test papers they couldn't help but sigh in resignation. Symbols and letters alongside the numbers and whatever mathematical equation that is displayed in full mockery making their heads ache in forceful understanding of what and how will they start solving the given questions at hand. 


 

'I don't think it' ll work'


 

'Im seeing two's' 


 

'Someone who can tutor us might be a great help.' 


 

'And who might that be Park Bom-ssi?' she inquire just to humor her friend. For all they know finding tutors will be as easy as flicking hairs but the real question is are they good and patient enough for the seemingly uninterested and restless students like them. With that thought they sigh for the umpteenth time until Bom smirked- the type which is considered as evil and wicked, and she shivers at the sight knowing that nothing good comes out of that sudden display of idea. 


 

'Bommie, I dont like-


 

'Boyfriends!' 


 

'What?!' 


 

'Oh my gosh! Dara-yah, how can I be so dumb?' 


 

'What?'


 

'Duuuh! Boyfriends.'


 

'What?!?'


 

'Yah! Sandara Park, our boyfriends could definitely help us. They are not top students for nothing. 



 

'But I don't have--


 

'Oh! Good thing you're here. You know Dara….. 


 

The last thing she remembered was Park Bom running towards Choi Siwon after shoving her test papers to the guy passing by leaving them alone at the corridor with an awkward smile plastered on her face and a deep frown on his. 


 

*

 

'What?' 

 

…. 


 

'Okay! I failed Math. So?' 


 

…. 


 

'And Physics. Fine. Its not like its gonna be the end of the world.'


 

….



 

'I don't even get the idea of mixing numbers and letters as if we would randomly use these things in practical applications of our daily lives. Like, seriously? How?'


 

…..



 

'I' ve been thinking a lot about something worthwhile and besides the lessons are too boring.' 


 

….. 


 

'Yah! It's not my fault that I slept during discussions since I've been so tired running errands for some of our teachers. If only they could make those lessons easier--


 

…. 


 

'Stop looking at my marks! It will not suddenly change and give me a passing score just because you' ve been looking at it for so long.' Dara said a faint shade of red adorning her cheeks clearly embarrassed of her failed marks but not gonna admit that fact over her dead body when just moments ago she was feeling 'just a little disturbed' - like tiny bit disturbed but none she can deal with until Lee Donghae sighed for how many times, his hand massaging his temple- pretty much stressed out. 'And will you stop sighing? You're giving me a headache and its--



 

'Notes.'


 

'Arggh! fine! Its my fault I-- what??' 


 

'Notes.'


 

'I don't have notes. I don't do notes.'


 

'Figured' 



 

'Where are you going? Leaving me out here with a failed marks? My mom will disown me and it will be your fault! Yah Lee Donghae!!!' 


 

The sight of the guy's retreating back struck something inside. Her heart starts to beat fast as that single image kept replaying through her head. 


 

Dara feel an uncomfortable tightening in her chest, and emotions she isn’t used to are starting to spread throughout her whole body. She instantly tries to shake off the feeling of humiliation and embarrassment.


 

How could he leave me like that


 

Whatever! I didn't ask for his help anyway


 

How could he let me be? 


 

Stupid Lee Donghae



 

'What are you doing?' 


 

As the familiar sound of his voice and his ever so stoic face comes back in sight, the heaviness she felt awhile ago vanished instantly, relieving her from the burden as her lips quivers and teardrops fall incessantly; her blurry eyes focusing on the books Lee Donghae is carrying. 


 

'Stupid Lee Donghae!' Dara shouted as she run towards Donghae who's looking at her like a second head pooped out of her skull. Her arms incaging the man's torso tightly as if her life depended on it, tears continously flowing wetting his shirt in the process. 


 

'Don't you dare do that again.' she said pouting as her cries became sniffs and her breathing normal, gazing at him like a lost puppy. 


 

'I just borrowed some books' 


 

'Still. You should have told me.'


 

'Okay.' he said petting her head as if asking for an apology before leading her back to her seat and their tutoring session started. 


 

*

 

'Where the hell are my books?!? Im going to ing kill whoever stole my book!!!!! Shiiiit!! Now how am I going to study for my remedial exams!!! 



 

Students from the next room leaves abruptly not wanting to be the subject of Hyukjae's deathly glares as he throw inspect his bag for the umpteenth time until one student gathered enough courage to inform him who took the book when he was in the comfort room. 


 

'Why would he took it when we're not even taking the same class.... Aisst! Sandara Park!!!'

 

 

 

 

------

A/N: It might  be confusing so, a note for everyone.

 

-Donghae and Dara are classmates in SOME subject. 

 

-Dara and Hyukjae are classmates in MOST subjects.

* thats what I have in mind and so be it.. hehehehe