Of Tiffs and Bargains

MISTAKENLY YOURS

 

 

'Why not?' 


 

'...........'


 

'Please~



 

'No.'


 

He lazily answered as he makes his way towards the school's gymnasium, his precious time wasted leaving the pretty girl dumbfounded. 


 

*


 

'What?' 


 

But instead of answering, she gave him a once over and scoffed as she never understands why the sudden increase of popularity. 



 

'Never thought you're into dummies' 




 

'......' 



 

His non-existent answer tick her a lot that she suddenly snapped. Her mode on as he challenges the other guy head on. 



 

'They're not even bimbos, they're just plain dummies.'


 

'...........'


 

'I wonder why she asked you out when you're clearly not even in any level of good looking-type. LIKE. AT. ALL' 



 

'so?' 


 

'Yah! Are you crazy?!? Do that again and you'll never see the daylight! 



 

Just like what she did to him, He gave her a once over probably thinking what they were arguing about from the unnoticeable crease formed on his forehead but she noticed anyway. 



 

'Yah! Are you seriously considering?! 


 

' What? '


 

'Were you this dumb? 



 

'I don't get you at all.' 


 

' What do I expect? You don't even get it when I told you to buy me a strawberry AND an ice-cream. But what did you get me? 



 

'A strawberry-flavored ice cream?' 



 

'Yes!!! I said I wanted a strawberry and an ice cream because I wanted to put the strawberries on my ice cream! 


 

'Isn't it the same?' 



 

'Nooo!' 



 

For she wanted to make him understand the difference between strawberry-flavored ice cream AND ice cream with strawberry she went on how the two things differ from each other. Gesticulating her stories with whatever comes out of her blabbing mouth to prove her point though what she earned in return is just a blank stare as if she had lost her mind completely. 


 

'Argggh! I hate you! 


 

Knowing she couldn't make him understand her stand, she resigned completely exhausted. 



 

'Give me back my books!' snatching the books on his hands, 



 

'And my umbrella!' she added and walks away from the rather confused man looking at her direction as if she had sprouted another head both hands hanging mid-air as he lost contact with the things she had shoved on him awhile ago. 


 

*

 

'You okay, unnie?' 


 

'Gosh!  I hate him Minzy-ah' 


 

'Oppa?' 


 

'How come he didn't understand a thing when I clearly told him everything?' 


 

'Hmmm. I don't get it unnie.'


 

'Its okay, you're too young to understand such a simple thing anyway.'


 

'If its a simple thing, I think I'll be able to you know- get it.'


 

'Well we've been arguing about bimbos and dummies, strawberry-flavored ice-cream and strawberry and ice cream.'


 

'Ahhh I think I get your point unnie.'


 

'Isn't it too simple? But then why couldn't he get it to think that his on top of our class without even lifting a page on a book? Did he just charmed his way in? Wait- his not even charming!' 



 

'Maybe because he's a guy?' 



 

'What?! It has nothing to do with genders Minzy-ah. He is just as dumb as those dummies. Why would they even lay their eyes on him?! Are they stupid? Yes of course they are stupid.' she scoffed on her own answers.'


 

'Anyways, I have to go. Gonna make sure that the stupid guy wont get himself any trouble. Aisst Why do I have to do this?!?' 



 

Lovers quarrel, I see. A cute but petty quarrel.Minzy thought as she looked at her friend walking away with a scowl on her face making her shake her head for the two. 




 

*

 

'What?' 


 

'I'm not doing anything.'


 

'You doing nothing is everything. You pisses me off so back off if you dont wanna be dead.' she said with a menace trying to act deadly as possible, her eyes beaming daggers. 


 

Not knowing what to do, he stood his ground for a few second before finally taking a step back when he heard an irritated voice making him halt. 


 

'Where the hell are you going?' 



 

'Backing off?' 



 

'Why?' 


 

'Cause you told me so? 


 

'I told you to back off not to walk away!' 


 

'Huh?' 


 

'I hate you!


 

'Seriously Dara what's going on?' 


 

'Gooooosh!!!!! I hate you so damn much that I want to eat something sweet!' 


 

*

 

'Dara, your boyfriend is here.' her mom informed her as she knocked on her door. 


 

'Mom, what boyfriend are you talking about?' 


 

'Aigoo, you don't have to be shy about it my dear. You do know that I like him a lot right? So get your lazy up now and dont keep him waiting.' Mrs. Park said dismissing any arguments. 


 

Making her way out of her bedroom dragging her feet lazily, she caught a glimpse of him holding something on his arms. He is sporting a yellow shirt with a green tiger printed on it paired with a dark checkered pants and a converse shoes. His clothes look rather simple but he looks outstandingly handsome (not that she notice) especially with his longer hair curled and messed up. 


 

'What dyou want?' 


 

Instead of answering he held up his hands holding a paper bag, gesturing for her to take it and so she did. 


 

'What the heck is this?!?' 



 

'You said you wanted it.' 



 

'I told you I wanted to eat something sweet. Not this!' 




 

He sighed loud enough letting go of his frustration and resignation. He heard Dara talking about the difference between the two-having a deja vu of what had occurred earlier this day at school. Having enough, he dragged her out of the house and walks towards the nearby Cafe. 


 

'Where are you taking me?' 


 

'Get something sweeter.' his voice hard and frustrated. 



 

'If this is your way of asking for forgiveness, you wont get any. Not when I am wearing my lousy pajama when I am about to sleep but you dragged me out.'



 

'What do you want?' he asked her not wanting to order anything she would be raging on later if he order incorrectly. 



 

'Strawberry short cake and Strawberry sundae.'


 

Of course he should have known that she will be ordering something extremely not ordinary. Their order soon came up and Dara gobbled the cake as if she hadn't eaten for years while her date sit quietly looking around- boredom written on his face occasionally sipping from the coffee latte he order for himself sighing every now and then. 


 

'Stop doing that.' 


 

'What?' 


 

'Sighing out loud.'


 

'kay'


 

'You' ve  been talking quite a lot today.'


 

'I did?' 


 

'You're planning something aren't you? 


 

' M not.'


 

' Yes you are. You dont talk. At all. You just shrug and scoff and look and walk away.'


 

'Whatever' 


 

'This isn't a date.'


 

'It isn't.'


 

'Good were on the same page.'


 

'Absolutely' 



 

'Not when Im on my pj's and your not answering my questions.' 



 

'What question? You're driving me insane Sandara Park.' 



 

'Well you're doing the same thing to me. Driving me crazy- Nope, crazier even Lee Donghae-ssi. 



 

The paper bag now forgotten as Dara continue her one-sided argument as Donghae goes back to his usual self. Inside the bag, the tub of ice cream and another tub of strawberry-flavored ice cream slowly melt away and a box of strawberry laid untouched. 



 

A couple of  feet away from the two, a camera snaps taking evidence of their date and out for the whole campus to gossip to. 



 

Guess they already settled their fight this morning. The girl smiled as she look at her pouting unnie and her stoic-looking oppa before staring at the picture with her Donghae oppa reaching out to wipe the mousse off on her Dara unnie's lips.

 

 

 

 

--------

AN:

 

Opps this one is longer than expected but pls enjoy!..