last forever

business inquiry

A/N: might go on a hiatus for a while, MIGHT. Hope you enjoy this chapter! :)

-----

"Oi Seulgi!" Sooyoung says as soon as the music stops.

 

"Seulgi?" I say, how dare she not call me unnie.

 

"Ah! Seulgi-unnie, I gotta go now." She says, I nod slowly.

 

"Stay safe Soo!" I shout as she closes the door.

 

All alone. I could see the sun thru my window. I scroll through Twitter for a while, trying to get rid of my boredom. I also tuned in Netflix for a while. 

Few hours later, already evening, flashbacks are coming back. I'm glad, for some reason. Finally. I've waited for this moment, what do we have now?

 

Wait. This isn't a lost memory.. 

 

FLASHBACK 

 

"Dad!" I shout, he turns around with his big smile including an eye smile. 

 

​​​"My princess!" He kneels down and hugs me, a warm and soft hug. 

 

"Dad, look!" I took out a piece of paper and proudly expose it. 

 

Father grabs the paper and smiles, 

 

"Our princess Seul is really smart, huh?" He ruffles my hair, while I giggle. 

 

"Ice cream?" He asks. I nod aggressively with a big smile on my face. 

---- Flashback 2 ----

 

"I'm gonna catch you!" He chases after me in a wide field. Both of us laughing. 

 

He hugs me from behind while we both chuckle. Happiness fills the both of us. 

 

"Aish! You're too fast dad!" I groan as he catches me for the umpteenth time. 

 

"I've played tag for many years princess!" He teases. As I laugh. 

 

And before I knew it, I start crying. I miss dad. Come back, where are you? Why did you leave me here? I rest my face into my palms with my knees up, softly sobbing. 

Heart aching, chest tightening. No thoughts, just me and my father. I hope you're happy now, wherever you are. Are you eating well? Do you sleep at least 8 hours a day? Do you stay hydrated? Are you still playing.. 

 

tag...? 

 

I cry harder as more flashbacks of the two of us playing our game, 'tag', pop up. Just flashbacks of our laughter, of us being happy. I miss him.. 

 

FLASHBACK

​​​​​​( lost memory ) 

Where am I..? Oh. Hiding, seems like it. 

 

I take a small peak around the corner of the wall. It's dad! And.. Joohyun's dad? 

 

I hear inaudible shouts. Mostly from Hyun's dad. Once I heard dad shout, I got scared. I could hear the fear from his voice, he sounded weak, and afraid. And then he shouted again, still inaudible but from the sound of his voice.. 

 

He changed his tone, he sounded tough this time. And then Hyun's dad slaps him. Oh my god.. I could see tears falling from his eyes, dad no! 

 

"We. Are. Not. Done. Yet. Kang." 

 

----- FLASHBACK 2 ------

 

"Princess!" Dad calls me, I head downstairs and hug him, he spins me around as the both of us laugh. 

 

"Daddy is leaving for his business trip now, okay? I'll be gone for a while. " He says, I nod with a smile. He closes the door, as I wave goodbye. 

 

I look thru the window, I follow him. Slowly, I started to lose my trust towards him. His face changed as soon as he stepped outside. I love my father, and I always will. 

 

I notice, he pulls up near an abandoned building. Hm? 

 

I move positions, closer to the building. Father releases a big deep sigh. I'm having a bad feeling about this, to be honest, who wouldn't? 

 

I enter the abandoned building. Good thing I'm wearing all black since it seems like there's no electricity here. Father takes out his phone and turns on the flashlight. I taught him that. 

 

"I'm here.." He shouts. I hear a group of five come down the stairs. And one leading the way,

 

I'm expecting it's Joohyun's father. What will you do to him? 

 

"Tie him." The leader says. Obviously it's Hyun's dad. Three men works on dad. They tie him up on a chair. 

 

you. you all. 

 

I notice a woman near the leader, he holds her by the waist. Somewhat, looking familiar. The leader turns on a flashlight. I saw the woman. 

 

"M-mom...?" I thought to myself. I try to stop myself from sobbing, she even seems happy about dad's situation.

 

What the .. My chest starts to tighten as my stomach turns. I wanna scream so bad, I wanna cry so hard. But I can't. I can't let go of my posture yet. 

 

I try my best to stay strong, I watch the terrifying scene from afar. Hidden within the dark. 

 

"Baby, do you like your reward?" The leader gives a small peck on my.. 'mother'. He combs her hair as my 'mom' looks at him lovingly. She never looked at dad like that.. 

 

", yes baby." Tch. , you cheater. You . My hatred towards her builds up. 

 

"Get ready tonight~" He whispers, though it was so ing obvious. 'Mother' scoffs. She hits him playfully. Ew. 

 

"H-Honey.." Dad mutters, my heart is breaking into pieces. Tears filling his eyes, his heart breaking. 

 

' doesn't even bother to look at dad. She just states at a person who's married to Joohyun' s mother. Looking so contented. While my dad just stares at them, tears falling from his eyes without even knowing. He can't even wipe his own tears, because he's tied. 

 

I wanna wipe your tears. Don't cry dad.. She wasn't meant for you. 

 

ing , she never was meant for you. Cheater oh my ing god. He just stares at the two of them flirting with each other. He seems so weak, broken. I can't believe I came from that woman's womb. Ugh. ! 

 

"Now, Kang.." Says the man who's married. He slowly comes down the stairs, while looks so ing happy. 

 

"This is what you get, when you don't follow my orders." A man punches him in the face. So ing hard. Damn. Hard. 

 

"This is what you get, when you don't pay on time." And then another ing damn hard punch on the other side of his face. Father looks so swollen now. 

 

"And this is what you get.. When you ing betray me." He grabs a knife and stabs him on the top of his head. I almost screamed, the way the blood just splashed.. 

 

Tears fall down my face before I knew it. This terrifying, traumatizing scene.. My chest tightening. 

 

The man pulls out the knife and spins it around. He laughs, evilly. He's ing messed up. Out of all the places.. 

 

He stabs dad again, around the heart. Blood dripping from dad's mouth, eyes open. The man takes out the knife again, and brutally repeats stabbing him. He looks so happy about this. I look at , a hand covering , I could see a smirk hiding behind that. 

 

What did he do wrong? He's innocent! He works hard each day, sometimes a week would pass by with him getting only, an hour or two of sleep. He saves people, he's genuine, passionate, considerate, he thinks about people before himself. Why? Why him? He didn't do anything wrong.. He doesn't deserve this.. 

 

I run away from the scene, far away heading back home. But what is home, without dad..? He stood as our mom and dad, he did everything despite all the hard work he receives. I cry out loud, I don't care anymore. 

 

Witnessed such a brutal death. I bet he's still stabbing dad until now. I sit down by a tree, crying so hard. 

 

"What do you mean by, you'll be gone for a while, huh?!" I say, while crying. My chest feels so tight and I can't stop crying. The scene of his death keeps flashing. Make it stop

 

 

END

 

This is a joke.. Right? No way. No ING WAY.. He didn't die like that, did he.. He's just out there in Europe, right?! 

 

I run my hand through my hair, still shocked and in disbelief. Chest tightening, and it feels like the world has stopped. Crying so hard in the dim light at night. I wasn't prepared. I never was. If it's about my dad, I'll never be prepared. 

 

Why.. My hatred towards and psychoman grows every minute. How dare they.. 

 

Still crying hard, and it still feels like the world stopped. Until, 

 

I feel someone hug me from behind, a warm, soft, tender hug. Making me feel at ease. 

 

"U-unnie..?" I mumble, I look at her and she smiles. She combs my hair with her hand, she sits beside me. 

 

"What happened?" She asks softly. I give out a deep sigh, 

 

"I-I.." I pause for a while, and I lower my head. 

 

 

"I.. figured out my father's whereabouts." I say with a chuckle. She looks at me in confusion. 

 

"Shouldn't you be happy with that?" She asks, as I scoff. 

 

"He's up. Somewhere better." She covers , and looks away. 

 

"I-I'm sorry.. May I ask how?" She says, I run my hand thru my hair and release a heavy sigh. 

 

"Brutal death." I softly say, she immediately hugs me. I smile, a little. Gotta keep myself sane as I can. 

 

"You're strong.. Kang Seulgi." She says while looking at me in the eyes, she smiles a little. 

 

"Thanks.." 

 

-----

 

Another day. Woke up late, 10:43am. I was up all night 'cause I was crying. I take a long bath, ended up using the tub. I change into sweatpants and a tee. As usual. I watch Netflix, I don't wanna do anything. I ordered McDonald's for breakfast, and lunch. I did nothing else but laze around the whole day. I felt like doing nothing. 

I decide to take a walk outside, sunset already. Took a few pictures with the beautiful sunset, and I continue my walk around the neighborhood. I notice my girlfriend, Tzuyu! She turns to an alley and I follow. 

 

just. great. 

 

another cheater. 

 

I spot her kissing her new woman, lovingly. I find myself in the same spot as dad. The way she looks at her, she never looked at me like that. I send her a text. 

 

< We're over. Don't text me. 

 

I head back home, what a day. I regret going outside, now I'm back to crying. Having more reasons to cry. 

 

reality is harsher than I thought. 

 

I hug my knees and cry, chest tightening. 

 

Am I not good enough? 

 

Where did I lack? 

 

Is there a problem with me? 

 

Am I not.. worth it? 

 

An explanation isn't even needed at this point. What I saw, is what I saw. Lovingly kisses. Those touches, those looks, it's obvious that they're in love. I get it. You never loved me in the first place, but even if you did, I wasn't enough for you. I didn't meet your expectations. I'm sorry.

 

I'm sorry if I wasn't the one.

 

I'm sorry if I lacked at anything.

 

I'm sorry if I wasn't perfect. 

 

I'm sorry if I hoped that we would last forever. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------------

A/N: ​​​​​​ angst. did you enjoy it? I kinda teared up, because I was sleepy hahaha. hope you enjoyed it! would you like a fluffy chapter next? ;) 

 

twitter; @kang_aroo94 

shameless plug, all the way~~

 

 

 

​​​​​​

​​​​​​

​​​​​​

 

 

​​​​​​

​​​​​​

​​​​​​