this must've been why your mother left you.

business inquiry

A/N: I was having second-thoughts if I should make this chapter a fluffy one. But my ideas said maybe do both. Though more on the fluffy side, but it definitely sounds better in my head. Still going for Kang Seulgi POV. Enjoy the chapter. 

____________________________________________

 

 

I hug her tighter now, she needs it. She clenched my sweater as I pat her back slowly. I rest my chin on her head as the moon shines bright above us. A few minutes later, the soft sobs are no longer to be heard. She looks at me, those same misty eyes I saw in my dream. 

"Thank you. Seul." Irene smiles at me, I shake my head, 

"It's nothing really." I break away from our hug. I release a smile, trying my best to make her feel at ease with me. 

She chuckles, my oh my. Thank Lord you're fine now. She lowers her head once again, but this time, it's different. She smiles to herself. What are you thinking about Irene? 

She looks at me once again, with a soft gaze. That soft gaze that melts all her fans, including me of course. How lucky I am to be in the same household with the top actress. 

"I have a question.." She asks. I stare at the stars waiting for her question. 

"Why are you helping me?" I chuckle. I turn my head and look at Irene. You're right. Why am I helping you?. 

"Is it bad to help?" I ask, I didn't really know what to say since even I don't know why I'm helping her. 

"No. Not at all, miss Kang." I blink once, twice before those last two words process in my head. Oh to be called 'Miss' and your last name by top actress Irene. 

"Oh please, don't be so formal with me." I jokingly said. 

"It was sarcasm, you know?" I chuckle. Guess she didn't catch on. 

We've been out for quite a while, and the wind is getting colder. I'm kind of worried that we might get sick, much more worried for Irene. Since she has a schedule tomorrow, and knowing her dad, he probably won't let it slip. 

"Unnie, we should head inside. It's getting cold." She nods slowly and we head inside. Warm and cozy. She heads to the kitchen and makes tea and, I sniff. Coffee! She knows me well already. 

I sit down and wait for my coffee. I watch her prepare a few biscuits along with it. She looks like a barista, but a rich looking one. Even her back side is pretty. 

She sits down and gently moves the mug of coffee infront of me. She gives me that melting smile again. 

"Thank you unnie." I sip my coffee, a fine ratio between sweetness and bitterness. I notice her gaze on me, once again. I could hear her phone click. 

"The flash was on.." Irene mumbles. I chuckle, why you gotta be so cute miss Bae? 

"Can I see the pictures? It better be good." I tease, she shows me a smile, she seems proud of my picture. 

She hands me her phone and wow. 

"I take good pictures. I can be your photographer if you'd like miss Kang." I scoff, she's overflowing with confidence. 

"Not gonna lie," I give the phone back to its rightful owner. It was scary to touch such an expensive phone, that came from such an expensive person. 

"You do take amazing pictures, how much?" I joke. A smirk forms on Irene's lips, a deadly one. Does she even know it's deadly? 

"Well, it's free miss Kang. All you gotta do is be by my side and you'll get wonderful pictures~" I actually stopped malfunctioning. She said that so easy with pure confidence. 

"Excuse me?" I mumble, she definitely heard it. 

"I mean what I mean." Irene looks at me as if she knows exactly what she said. Miss Bae just, straight up told me to be 'by her side'. I'd be glad to. 

"You can start working tomorrow." I smile, 

"How much is the pay?" Irene says with an eyebrow slightly higher than the other. I wasn't expecting that. She could literally buy the whole subdivision and yet she's asking me to pay her? I will. 

"Oh, the pay? It's me." I sip my coffee. Did I really just say that? I hear her giggle. At least she's happy. 

"You are quite the flirt, miss Kang." I almost choked on coffee. How does she say these things with ease? 

"A-am I?" How uncool, I stuttered. 

"Are you?" She leans closer to me. Where are you getting this confidence? I could hear my heart beat as if there's an elephant jumping up and down. I could feel my face heat up. Eyebrows at its highest and my lips pursed. 

Irene sits back and laughs. So now she's teasing me. Her contagious laugh fills the room. 

"Was it, that funny?" I ask. I don't get the hype okay. She nods slowly still containing her laughter. I walk out of the kitchen and head to the bathroom. 

"Hey! Where are you going?" Irene asks, I turn around, 

"Umm.. I'll go brush my teeth and sleep?" I point to the clock hanging behind her. She follows and spots the clock. She stands up and heads to the bathroom. 

We brush our teeth and head inside our respective rooms. I lay on my bed, thinking about her. Her smile, her laugh, the way she makes me feel this way. I shake my head in disapproval. I slap my face. 

"Kang Seulgi! No! You just met her a month ago!" I notice my phone lit up, I sit up straight and check the notification:

: Hey Seul.. It's mom. 

What the ? After you suddenly disappeared and left us all alone? I caught you that night. How could you? 

FLASHBACK

A few months after World War Kang Version happened. 

I wake up hearing noise, I check my alarm clock. 5:32am? What's with all the chaos? The sun isn't even up yet. I rub my eyes and I take a peak at the rumbling downstairs. 

'Mom..?' I mumble, I see her packing up her things. I noticed everything valuable to her is inside that bag. She grabs Jimin's wallet and takes a few cash. What the hell? She does the same to Wheein. Okay, that's messed up. 

She double checks everything and leaves excitingly. I head back to my bedroom, processing what I saw. What I witnessed. Where is she going? I don't wanna stay here.. I look over my window to see mom texting a certain someone, a few minutes later. A car arrives infront of our house. She gets in the car excitingly, the driver turns the lights on and kisses my mother. 

END

I leave her on read. I don't wanna talk to you, nor see you. You blamed everything on me, released everything on me, abused me. Don't even try to act like you did nothing wrong. Another notification pops up, 

: I'm so sorry Seul. Really, really sorry. 

Oh really mom? Well I'm sorry too because I don't want to reply to you. I shut off my phone. My mood's ruined again. I rub my face into my hands as I fall on my bed. 

I groan out loud, as soon as I realized how loud it was I cover my mouth. Hoping it didn't wake up Irene. I sigh deeply. I write down my thoughts. Possible entries of why mom suddenly came back. 

And then I suddenly thought. 

'What if Joohyun's dad and mom were somewhat connected to each other?' 

Just the thought of it sends shivers down my spine, I shake my head. It's definitely impossible. No. It can't be. 

Since I'm stubborn, I try to connect possible dots between mother and Hyun's dad. 

I face-palm, "Why am I even doing this in the middle of the night?" I scoff. Yawn. I close my notebook and tuck myself in bed. 

----

I wake up by the sound of my alarm. I check the time, it's 5:04am. The sun isn't up yet. I rub my eyes and force myself to get out of bed. I stop by Irene's room, I slightly open her door to see her sleeping soundly. I brush my teeth and quickly wash my face. As I finished, I head to the kitchen. 

I thought of making breakfast for the two of us, I grab my phone and searched simple breakfast recipes. I decided to make pancakes with hot chocolate. 

A few minutes later, a three course meal is made! Bacon and eggs  partnered with pancakes with syrup and butter. I place the plates on the table and wait for Irene to wake up. 

After a few minutes again, I hear rumbling near Irene's room. She heads outside all dressed up, 

"Hey! What about breakfast?" I ask, she's in a hurry. 

"I'm so sorry Seul, I'm really late. But thank you." She heads outside leaving me alone. I bite my spoon, 

"This is too much.." As I eat my bacon and eggs alone, my phone vibrates. I check the notification, 

: Seul! What are you doing? 

I chuckle, good timing Tzuyu. 

< Nothing much, wanna come over Tzu? 

I smile cheekily. 

: Of course babe! Actually, I'm right at your door. 

I raise my eyebrow, where did she get my address? I stand up and open my door, 

"Surprise!~" She hugs me tight, I'm still in shock. I thought she was joking but damn. She looks at me and gives me a peck. I giggle. 

"Hey you." I break away from the hug and I grab her hand, leading her to the dining area. 

"You made this?" My lover asked. I nod proudly, she takes a bite and squeels. 

"Good right?" I smile, she nods. We both finish our meal and eat the next one. Pancakes. 

"Oh. By the way," Tzuyu pauses, she gulps on her food first and looks at me. 

"I bumped into a beautiful lady earlier, seems like she came out from this apartment." I chuckle, 

"She's my roommate." I say, Tzuyu grabs another bite. 

"Name?" She asks. I suddenly remembered that Irene living here seems confidential. I start panicking inside, 

"Joohyun." It slipped out of my tongue, Tzuyu looks at me with her eyebrows furrowed, in shock. What's wrong with the name? 

"J-Joohyun?!" She asks. I nod innocently. Something wrong with Joohyun? 

"Mhm. Know her?" I raise an eyebrow as I sip my hot chocolate. I notice Tzuyu slightly panicking. 

"Just sounded familiar.." I know you too wel Tzuyu. That's a lie, but fine. I'll let it slip. 

I stand up and hug her from behind, she holds my hands and stands up. 

"All of a sudden?" My lover raises an eyebrow as I chuckle. I kiss her softly, with tender. I could feel her arms around my waists. 

"I love you." Our foreheads touching as our eyes are locked with one another. She initiates another kiss, a rougher one. I chuckle under the kiss, making her stop. 

"Calm down now. I know you missed me." Tzuyu scratches the back of her head in embarrassment. I cup her face and look at her. I give her another small peck. 

"I love you too." She says, I hear a certain phone ring. She grabs her phone out of her shoulder bag and answers the call. 

I keep quiet. It seems important. I head back to my chair and continue finishing my pancake. As I eat, I watch my lover talk over the phone, all serious. She's making me worried now. The call ends, she turns to me with a frown. 

"Babe, I gotta go.." She says with a big frown on her face. I stand up and cup her face and give her a goodbye kiss. 

"It's fine. Work isn't it?" She nods. She kisses me one more time, and heads out. I wave her bye. 

I release a deep sigh. I look at the table, she finished her meal already, might as well finish mine. As I finished. I washed the dishes thoroughly. I head to the couch and turn on the TV. I see the same man I saw a a day ago, or two. He's with Irene, and Bogum. He smirks, as soon as he smirks I shut the TV. I start trembling again as another memory flashes. 

FLASHBACK

"Now, now Seulgi.Calm down. Hold her down." A man holds me down, as another man appears, a tall mysterious looking man. Familiar to Joohyun's dad. Or is it him?

He looks at me with that smirk, holding a syringe. 

"JOOHYUN WOULDN'T LIKE THIS!" I shout, my voice starts to tremble. I start crying. I shake my body, trying to free myself from this strange man's hold. 

I could feel a hand on my shoulder, I look at the man. He slaps me in the face, damn hard. He slaps me again on the other side. 

I lower my head, starting to feel dizzy. He grabs my neck and strangles me. 

"Are you that ing weak? This must've been why your mom left you behind." He stares at me for a few seconds, those seconds were the most terrifying seconds. He moves my hair to one side and raises his left hand, the one holding a syringe. He stabs my neck with the syringe. 

​​​​​​"!" I hold my neck, it starts to sting. My eyes are about to pop out, lips trembling including my whole body. I grab my phone and call Seungwan. 

> Seulgi! What's up-

< C-Come here.. 

> Hm? 

I notice her worry tone. 

> Get right here.. N-now. 

She hangs up, I gently place my phone down the couch and hug my knees. The words, 'Are you that ing weak? This must've been why your mom left you.' repeats in my head. A few minutes later, Seungwan barges in and hugs me tight. 

"I'm here now, shall we talk about it?" She says, worried. I nod slowly, still trembling out of fear. 

"Let's get started." She says, trying to cheer me up. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: ALOT of shocking events happened in today's chapter. Seulgi was taken? Yep she was. Now that she's got Seungwan accompanying her, oops I almost spoiled the next chapter. What will happen to their conversation? 

​​​​

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

​​​​​

 

 

​​​​​​​​​