what ifs

business inquiry

A/N: yes, I'm alive, still, sadly, unfortunately, but yes I'm alive. here to update y'all. I apologize for keeping y'all waiting. enjoy the fluffy chapter~ :) 

 

—————————

 

​​​​​​KANG SEULGI'S POINT OF VIEW:

 

Ugh, , my head hurts.. I slowly open my eyes, oh right. I'm in the hospital. I look at my arm, covered in bandages and in a sling. I chuckle, and face-palm. I have another bandage on my forehead. I can't really remember what happened last night, only a few.. 

 

I was heading to the convinience store, I aught to buy some drinks. Beer, specifically. I came across an alley. I heard a scream. I quickly ran into the dark alley, following that scream. 

 

I see men holding up a familiar woman— IRENE?!

 

I quickly ran into the chaos, punched the bulky man infront of me. 

 

"Who do you think you are?!" The bulky man told me, I chuckle as I lift my sleeves up. 

 

"I'm Kang Seulgi!" I say, toughly. Irene clings to my shoulder. The man infront of me, laughs. 

 

"Miss, stand back. You don't wanna get hurt, don't you?" He teases. Now, how dare he underestimate me?! Tsk. 

 

"I won't." I say, toughly again. The man laughs. He's ing underestimating me! Just, how confident are you about your strength?! 

 

I kick his croch. Duh, that's like, step one to self defense. I punch him in the face too. Double kill! 

 

Oh . 

 

He stands up, and basically.. He did his thing. 

 

And that's how I ended up here. Great. I lift myself up, and I observe my room. I'm guessing I stayed here, overnight? Oh well. My head still hurts. 

 

Where's Irene? 

 

I hear sobbing outside, and a small woman barges inside my room. 

 

I smile at her, she's still crying. She quickly sits beside me. All sulky. 

 

"Why are you crying? Can't you see I'm fine now?" I cup her face, she points at my sling and my forehead. 

 

"Well, explain these?!" She says, quite loud. I shush her, I quickly sit up straight and cup both of her cheeks. 

 

"Don't you trust me?" I say, she quickly nods her head. 

 

How dare you—

 

She holds my hand. Still sobbing. I chuckle softly, I stare at her eyes. 

 

Her emotions are so obvious right now. She's mad at me, and at the same time worried. 

 

"I'm fine! Really!" I chuckle, I wipe her tears away with my thumbs. 

 

She sniffles and stares at me for a few seconds. 

 

I just smile.. 

 

"What?" I ask. She pouts, 

 

"You're so stupid." She mumbles. I laugh again. 

 

"How can you laugh at this situation of yours?!" She scolds me. And hits me on the arm, 

 

"Ouch! I'm already injured, don't hurt me!" I pout, she just doesn't believe that I'm fine. 

 

"Ah! I'm sorry!" She pats my shoulder softly, she wipes her tears away with her forearm. 

 

"A-Are you sure, you're really fine..?" She asks, I scoff and nod. 

 

"Mhm. I'm fine." I say, and laugh.

 

"Why are you laughing?! You're teasing me aren't you?! You aren't fine!" She says, and I laugh again. 

Her phone starts to ring. I gesture her to take the call. She leaves my room. I lean against the wall behind my bed. I release a sigh. 

 

You make me laugh, Irene. 

 

The way you're so worried about me, just makes me feel soo happy. It feels nice to have someone worry about you. 

 

The way you're all so sulky, makes me laugh. You look cute, Irene. 

 

You just, make me happy in general. 

 

Stay by my side.. 

 

"Please..?" 

 

 

A few minutes later, Irene barges in again. Still sulky I see? I laugh again. She sits beside me, and takes out a sandwich. 

 

"Eat up, Idiot." She says, I grab the sandwich and I munch on it. She watches me eat up. 

 

"How about you?" I say with food in my mouth. She puts her finger on my lips, making me stop chewing. 

 

"Chew on your food first." She says. I gulp. 

 

"You won't eat..?" I say, I take another bite. She leans her head against her palm, and smiles at me. 

 

"Eat up, Kang." She says, I nod slowly and take another bite. 

 

"Wh-what about the news?!" I panicked, she chuckles. 

 

"Eat. Up. Kang." She says, with a slightly annoyed tone. 

 

As I munch on my sandwich, I suddenly came up to this theory;

 

What if.. Joohyun is.. 

 

Irene? 

 

I'm crazy, aren't I? But it's just a possibility. What if Joohyun is Irene, right? 

 

I've always felt some sort of connection toward Irene. I feel like, I've known her before. She looks, familiar. 

Like, her smile is similar to Joohyun's! 

I stare at her, as she locks her eyes to her phone. 

 

The way her eyes were all misty earlier, it reminded me of Joohyun. Joohyun when she was scolded by her dad. 

And, from what I know.. Irene and her father aren't on good terms either. 

I hear the latter chuckle. I look at her in confusion, 

"What?" I say, 

 

"Nothing, you just.. looked cute. Haha!" She says, I could feel my heart race. 

 

"And why?" I ask, 

 

"Nothing. You just looked cute." She smiles at me. 

"The way you were slowly chewing, and looking all serious. Seems like you were having deep thoughts." I chuckle. 

 

"You know me too well." I say, she nods proudly. 

 

"What were you thinking of?" Irene asks. 

"You." I say, Irene coughs suddenly. 

"M-Me?!" 

I look at her innocently. 

"Mhm. You." 

 

"Why the hell are you so straightforward.." she mumbles, though I heard it. Cute. 

"That's just who I am, Rene." 

 

"RENE?" 

 

"Easy there, Rene." 

 

"We got nicknames now, huh?" She says. I nod slowly. 

 

A few minutes later, we were filled with silence. 

 

"The doctor said, you'll be discharged by sunset." I look at the clock, it's still 1PM.

"Why not now?" I look at Irene, pouting. 

"Listen. To. The. Doctor. Idiot." I nod slowly. 

 

 

"Then..." I pause, Irene focuses on me. 

"After I leave this place.." 

"You mean, after you get discharged?" She interuppts. I nod, 

"Yeah, that too." 

"So, what about after leaving this place?" She asks, curious. 

"Date?" I smile awkwardly. 

She checks her phone, 

"It's.. August 15." She looks at me, that's not what I meant! 

"N-No.. Not that." I mumble, I scratch my neck. Why did she have to misunderstand that.. 

"Then what—" She suddenly pauses. I look at her, checks all red. I poke her cheek. Soft cheek. 

"S-Sure! It's a date." She says, I poke her cheek again. My smile widens. 

 

"S-Stop it!" I continue poking her cheek, until she holds my finger. How cute. 

 

"Can't wait!" I hold her hand, smooth~

 

"Excited much?" She teases, I look at her, pretending to be all sulky. I give a pout, 

 

"Why? You aren't excited?" I frown. She panics, and waves her hand in the air, shaking her head. 

"It's not like that! Of course I'm excited." She smiles, I narrow my eyes at her. 

"REALLY!" She says, I laugh. I grab her hand.

I lay down on my bed, accidentally leaned on my sling. 

"OW -" Irene immediately reacted, she helps me lay down comfortably. 

"Thank you.." I mumble, she flicks my forehead. 

"Stupid." 

"HEY, OW!" 

After a few minutes, I fell asleep. 

 

—————

 

I wake up. I stretch my other arm and I crack my neck. I yawn, I look at Irene, who fell asleep too. I pat her head. I look at the window, sunset. 

I stand up, and change. I took my sling off, and grabbed the clothes on the chair. 

I wear my sling, and wake Irene up. 

"Irene!" I say excitingly. She didn't wake up. 

"Rene!~" She didn't wake up, she just gave me a groan. 

I came up with an evil idea. 

I lean closer, to her left ear and whispered:

"Babe~" 

She immediately woke up, looking red. I laugh. 

She hits me, hard. 

"I ing hate you!" She groans. She stands up and grabs her coat and bag. 

"I love you too!" I tease, 

"Tsk." 

 

We leave the hospital. The doctor changed my bandage on my arm first, before we left. And now, we're enjoying the sunset. 

 

"Beautiful isn't it?" She says, well I, nodded. 

"Just like you." I look at her, and she looks at me, we lock our eyes with each other. 

"But you're more beautiful." I cup her cheek, while she looks so red. Maybe I should stop? 

Nah. 

She looks cute this way. 

She hits my back, 

"I would love to beat you up." She says, annoyed. 

"Do it, no one is stopping you." I say, as she sighs. 

"Something is stopping me though." She pouts. 

"Hm? What is it?" 

 

"My heart" She places her hand on her chest. 

 

And the other on my cheek, she's teasing me. 

 

"I don't wanna see you get hurt." She said that sincerely. I chuckle, breaking the seriousness. 

 

"Then why do you always hit me-" 

 

And, she hits me. 

 

"I was having my moment here?!" She says frustrated. I laugh. 

 

Seriously though.. 

 

 

Stay by my side.. Please? 

 

 

 

 

END OF CHAPTER

—————————————————————————

 

A/N: No head, thoughts empty. LMAO. Anyways, y'all liked it? Fluff shall pave the way. Sorry for the wait :( I'll try to update more asap. 

 

twitter: @kang_aroo94 

plugplugplugplugplugplug

 

 

​​​​​​

​​​​​

​​​​​​