Memories..

business inquiry

Irene left earlier than expected, the director was calling her already. Seulgi felt bad 'cause the latter didn't eat that much. Really is tough to be such a successful actress. It's just Kim Yeri, and Kang Seulgi. 

Yeri gives an obvious cough, " Ehem.. So, mind telling me?" Seulgi tilts her head, while she grabs another piece of mea. 

 ​​​" Why the hell are you so slow? I'm calling you Slowgi now." Seulgi stands up and slaps Yeri' s shoulder. " You know what I mean, stupid!" Seulgi slaps her shoulder again," YAH! I'm older than you!" Yeri sips her drink and shrugs, as if she's saying: I can't hear you. 

" What do you even mean by ' mind telling me'?" Seulgi asks, the monolid is so clueless. Yeri just, facepalms. 

"About Irene unnie? Mind telling me the story of how you two met and became ing lovebirds after one night--" Yeri suddenly pauses, she tries to stop herself from smiling, she bites her lip. Seulgi is still clueless, but now she gets it. She slaps Yeri harder making the younger hold her shoulder.

" HAHAHAHA THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEANT! OR IS IT? HAHHHAHAHA! " Seulgi slaps her again. This kid, she thought to herself. " NO BUT REALLY! How did you guys meet or something? Give me the details too" Yeri winks and shoots two finger guns at Seulgi. The monolid rolls her eyes. 

​​​" Fine. Well, it was like, 2AM and I heard an intruder open the door. So, I took my toy gun that looks like a REAL gun and head outside my door--" 

"Unnie, you're not James Bond." Yeri sips her drink again, Seulgi was about to punch the woman. Yeri signals the monolid to continue. 

​​​​" You-.. Then, I surprised her and told her ' Who the hell are you? What are you doing in my house?!'" Yeri almost chokes on air, she knew Seulgi would never say that. " Unnie, you know I don't believe you but if you actually said that I bet you were stuttering. " 

Seulgi ignores the young one," Anyways, I kind of failed at defending myself. Good thing she was a harmless person actually, we talked for the whole night, we know alot about each other now..."

'Though I still feel like I don't.'

​​​Yeri hums, as if she's telling Seulgi to continue. Yeri realizes, she chokes on her drink." WHAT THE HELL, THAT'S IT? " Seulgi furrows her eyebrows," Umm, yeah? " Yeri sighs in disappointment. 

 ​​" What did you guys talk about?" Yeri leans her cheek on her palm, she's VERY interested on this one. " Eh, just simple stuff." Yeri's teasing look immediately disappeared. She was VERY disappointed. 

​​​​​" NO-JAM. This is why you're single." Seulgi was offended." You bi- " 

​​​" Let's go now." Yeri stands up and starts walking to the exit, Seulgi starts following Yeri too. 

--

Seulgi heads back to her dorm. Changed into her favorite pajamas, she binges Netflix. It was around 3:30PM when she started, she checks the time. 10:21PM. Seulgi takes a break and heads to the kitchen.

"Now, how do you brew coffee?... I'll just use the instant one." She grabs the instant coffee and pours it into the mug, she pours in the hot water and stirs the mixture. She heads to the balcony and enjoy the night view. The stars shimmering, the lights, it's just an amazing view. Seulgi thought to herself that she could stare at it forever. 

Flashback

"Seul-ah" Seulgi turns around, she sees her best friend. aka, Joohyun. " Hyun!" Seulgi hugs her tight, with a big smile. She could hear the older woman sob. Her smile immediately erased. 

​​" What the hell happened Hyun?!" Seulgi breaks the hug, she stares at the woman worried. Joohyun looks back at her, she shakes her head and wipes her tears.

​​​​" I'm just happy I got to see you again." 

​​​'Liar. You're such a bad liar, Hyun.' 

Seulgi cups her cheeks and wipes her tears with her thumbs. " Really? You missed me that much, huh?" Joohyun chuckles, she holds Seulgi's hands, the warmth Seulgi felt.

" Why? You didn't miss me? " She pouts, Seulgi shakes her head. " More than you could imagine." Seulgi grabs her hand and runs. 

​​​​" Yah! Where are we going?! " They were running at an open field, the stars shimmering with the milky way. Seulgi sits down, Joohyun does too. 

​Seulgi points at the sky, " Beautiful, isn't it? " Joohyun follows where Seulgi is pointing. The bare sky. Those stars glimmering.. It really is beautiful. 

​ ​​​​" It really is Seul.." Joohyun stares at Seulgi. The monolid's eyes were locked with the sky. Joohyun cups her cheek, making Seulgi look at her. " Something wrong?" Joohyun shakes her head slowly, Seulgi knew something was wrong. Her eyes weren't as bright as before. She looked hella tired and pale. 

​​​​​​They were sitting there, in silence. Seulgi couldn't take it anymore, she finally asks the latter." I know some thing's wrong Hyun. I'm here for you. We promised to go through this together, remember?" She stared into her eyes, she noticed that her eyes were getting watery. She hugs the latter.

" Shh.. Shh.."

Seulgi pats Joohyun's head. She kisses her forehead, unintentionally, accidentally, the latter suddenly stops crying, she looks at Seulgi. Red. Seulgi avoids eye contact with the latter. She felt a kiss on her cheek. She looks back at the latter. And smiles. 

​​​End

​​​​​​Seulgi heads back to the kitchen and washes her mug. She was wondering why those memories were coming to her. She couldn't identify who 'Joohyun' is. Though she knew one thing..

 

 

"I loved her." She sits on the couch and thinks. She checks the time once again, 11:27PM.' So, Irene goes home late. ' Seulgi sighs, she wanted to have a chat with her again. For some reason. 

--

​​​​​Seulgi wakes up and heads out of her room, no sign nor traces of Irene. She sighs deeply, why is she even anticipating Irene? She face palms. "We're not even close."

--

Two weeks have passed. ' Where the is my roommate? ' She takes another shot of her beer. " Easy Seulgi." Wendy pats Seulgi's back. " No answers yet?"

​" Only rejections!" Wendy chuckles, " I wasn't referring to you're job hunt. I was referring to Irene." The monolid stays silent. She slowly shakes her head. She takes another shot. 

"Is it weird that I feel some sort of connection towards her?" Wendy tilts her head in confusion. 

"Like I knew her, or something. I got this weird flashback last night. It seems like I fell inlove with this girl called Joohyun? Do you know anyone by that name?" Wendy chuckles, nervously. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

" I don't know anyone by that name.." 

 

 

 

 

------------