advantages

business inquiry

"So you're telling me, that you could only see their shadows?" Seungwan says with an eyebrow raised up. I nod slowly, 

 

"Based on how you see these memories, it's like a mixture of your past self and present self." I tilt my head in confusion, what exactly do you mean by that Son Seungwan? 

 

"I meant what I said. These memories came from the past, but somehow your present self is included. Am I right?" She explains with hand gestures. I finally get it. I see these memories, knowing it's from the past. But somehow, I, my present self, gets to observe the surroundings. I nod slowly. 

 

"But, where will I use this information?" I ask. Seungwan smirks. 

 

"Use it as your advantage." What? I furrow my eyebrows towards her. She chuckles, 

 

"Explore these lost memories." She leans against the couch, crossed legs. I scoff, 

 

"How exactly? I literally FEAR these memories." Seungwan claps her hands, and looks at me. Pure motivation, she even seems excited about this. 

 

"Just do whatever you wanna do. Explore. Find clues." She pauses for a while and sits up straight. 

 

"Just use it as your advantage.You should stay alert for the next upcoming memory. " She smirks again, added a wink to that. 

 

I nod slowly, I purse my lips thinking about how I should use the next lost memory as my advantage. I have no clue about the next one, damn this is gonna be tough. I release a deep sigh without realizing. 

 

"If you need any help, I'm here for you." Seungwan pats my back, I look at her and smile. 

 

"Thanks Wan.." She snaps her tongue and shoots finger guns at me. She adds a last minute wink to that. We both chuckle. Silence fills the both of us, comfortable silence rather. I let out another sigh. 

 

"Seems like you've got some business to do, Seulgi." She says while looking at the ceiling. I scoff. Guess I have to conquer my fears. 

 

She stands up and leaves, I wave her goodbye. 

 

"Stay safe on the way back." I shout, 

 

"I will! Oh, and! Tell your apartmate that I said hi!" I chuckle. I hear the door close, now I'm left all alone. 

 

I try to stay alert for the next lost memory. I don't wanna trigger myself, I'll just let it pop out of nowhere. I decide to scroll around Twitter for a while. 

 

A few minutes later, surrounded by pure silence in the dark. I turn on the TV, to see the news. Of course, my roommate is included in the news. A day without her in the news is quite impossible now. They're literally like, 'how can I make this about miss Top Actress?'. 

 

But this one triggered me. Irene beside the same man I saw that day, that day when Irene was shooting for her drama. That day I saw that smirk that was hella alike. The man looks straight to the camera, making it seem like he knows I'm watching. 

 

He raises an eyebrow and smirks, what the hell? It's like he knows I'm here. I turn the TV off, I won't watch the news ever again. I start trembling now, at least I'm alert. Flashbacks popping in, okay let's go.

I'm prepared for the memory. Or so I thought. 

FLASHBACK 

[a mixture of Seulgi's past and present self.]

​​​​​Okay.. I can't see anything at all. It's so dark, and the air's so thin. I stand up, but I immediately fell back down. My legs are weak as hell.

How am I gonna explore if my legs won't cooperate with me?

I look at my wrists, I've been chained. Just great. I hear someone outside, moving the doorknob. A girl turns on the lights. 

"J-Joohyun!" I say, she immediately gestures a shush at me. I purse my lips and lower my head. I can't believe she saw me in this situation.

She cups my face and looks at me with a smile. Tears fall from my eyes, she rubs them with her thumbs. She grabs a key from her pocket and unlocks the chains. I notice the room, and myself full of scars.

The room looks so ing scary, what the hell man. 

I stare at my legs for a few seconds, covered with blood. I look at my wrists, bruises all over it. I start sobbing softly. I bury my face into my hands. I felt a small tap on my shoulder, I look to my left to see Joohyun with a smile. 

 

"We're in this together, remember?" She softly says, making me feel at ease. Yes. We are in this together. 

 

She gives me a hand, I had second thoughts if I should accept her help. I look at her in the eyes, I grab her hand and she helps me walk.

 

"Wh-What about you..?" She looks at me, smiling again. 

 

How can you smile at this situation Joohyun? I look around the surroundings, it looks just like a dungeon. Blood stains on the wall, etc. How scary.. I'm assuming this was all managed by Joohyun's father. 

 

​​​​​​"Won't your dad scold you?" I say. 

 

Oh no, her dad won't scold her. But kill her, she's gonna die past self. 

She just nods her head while looking at my legs, I look straight up. 

Good job past self, you looked up. Damn.. Chains hanging from the ceiling, and it's so high like wow. Several cages? So I was in a cage? It's like a prison, but deadlier. 

I look at Joohyun and then straight ahead. Light! Finally light! We speed up a bit, but right when we were right infront of the exit. We were blocked. 

Oh my ing god, what kdrama is this. Go away guard, go the freaking away! Jesus christ. 

The man infront of us was bulky. He cracks his knuckles, me and Joohyun look at each other, I notice her eyes looking all misty. She seems disappointed, and frustrated. 

The man pushes me, making me stumble. He grabs Joohyun and pushes her the opposite direction. 

My leg starts bleeding, I look at the man, walking towards me then my gaze went to Joohyun, laying on the ground, desperately trying to get up. 

 

I feel my chest tighten. I am not weak. I will save Joohyun. No one will die because of me. If one will, than shall it be me. 

 

I try my best to stand up, and run towards Joohyun, limping my way to her. I hear the bulky man chuckle. He kicks my back, I land right beside my best friend. 

I look at her, don't cry.. You'll make me cry too. She stares at me for a couple of seconds, it's my turn to smile. 

 

"We're in this.. t-together!" I whisper. She stands up, and tries her best to protect me. 

 

I think I'm starting to fall for Joohyun, no joke. Way to go past self! 

The bulky man cracks his neck, I look at Joohyun. I'm afraid. I notice her eyes full of determination. I stand up, with an injured leg. I hold her hand and quickly, we ran towards the exit. She slams the door, the man is out of reach now. 

 

I grab a metal pipe and lock the door. She chuckles. I grin. We head outside, the sun shining bright. In a forest. How did you even get here Hyun? 

 

"Hyun.." I softly say, as I turn my head towards her. 

"How did you get here?" I ask, she slightly tilts her head and smiles. 

"I have my ways Seul~" She grabs my hand and leads the way. 

END

I shake my head, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I'm glad. Though the blood was very triggering. I definitely didn't find any clues. If I did, then hooray. 

I stand up and head to the kitchen, making coffee. I need to figure out more hints. 

"Hints to what exactly..?" I grab a piece of paper and a pencil, I set aside my coffee and write down everything. But hints to what exactly? I pause for a moment, I bite the tip of my pencil. 

 

Hints to why Joohyun's dad hates me? 

Hints to who Joohyun is? 

Hints to we were in a the forest? 

Hints to who Joohyun's father is. 

 

I groan, I rub my face into my hands aggressively. I take a sip of my coffee... 

 

 

Next Day: 7:43am

I'm wearing a formal attire, currently at iStudiO Entertainment. Hoping I would get accepted. After a few minutes, it's my turn to shine. 

--

Wendy chuckles, as I take another shot of beer. I massage my forehead. Filled with different emotions, disappointment, frustration, sadness. 

Sooyoung pats my shoulder, 

"It's fine Seul. You'll find a stable job soon, I'm telling you." I scoff, I run my fingers through my hair and look at Sooyoung. 

"Would you mind telling me when SOON is?" Wendy giggles, I look at her. 

"I actually recommended you to my boss." My jaw drops, my hopes are raising second by second. I take another shot and look at Seungwan with eyes that are about to pop out. 

"Give me info. Hurry." I say, as I hear Seungwan scoff while Sooyoung is just taking shots of beer. 

"It's at SM Entertainment, the salary is quite alot." Wendy places her fingers underneath her chin, making a thinking pose. 

"Cut the crap, what's the cash?" I slowly drink my umpteenth shot. I look at Seungwan with high interests. 

"103k per month-" I choke on my drink, and look at Seungwan with eyes that are about to pop out again. I hold my neck, and I stare at Seungwan with my jaw dropped. 

I hear the two, Sooyoung and Seungwan laugh. 

"103K PER MONTH?" I say, she nods while dying of laughter. I take another shot. And I look up, in the ceiling. 

"Dad.. I'm gonna be rich!" I raise my glass and chug it down. The two still dying of laughter. Speaking of dad, I still don't know the reason of his disappearance. 

I'll just find that out next time. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Thank you for 60+ subscriptions! Y'all this means alot to me. Today's chapter is quite short, I apologize for that. I just had to make a chapter. Let's all thank Witty Shon! ~ I look forward to future updates and I hope you do too.

​​​​​​

​​​​​​

 

​​​​​​