Shuhua

Every Day I Learn (The Words You Never Say)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Winner of the plot contest: BEAR-BAECHU

 

"I think it's a good idea to have Shuhua get married to the King of Neverland as it can progress the story more. Since they are both the same of age and has the same position of ruling, I think if we have a back story of how the King is, we can see that he isn't truly passionate about ruling as he wanted to live his life more freely and out of demand. To that, he would let Shuhua have her own freedom too and so he surrenders, but before all of that, the passion for his freedom wasn't spoken between Shuhua and him. Making Shuhua think he's greedy for wealth and authority, causing conflict between him and Shuhua. As for Soojin, she couldn't witness the sight of Shuhua with a man on their wedding and so she leaves halfway. with that, Shuhua on her wedding night cried and thought she lost Soojin, causing her to spill her thoughts to the King making him feel guilt as he thought he's holding her back from living freely. The night of their wedding ended up with them talking about the misfortunes of their life. That's all I thought about! Thank you so much Author for providing us such a good story, hope you are doing well and recovering, get well soon! :D <3"

 

===========================

 

Shuhua didn’t like the way Moonbyul had her arms around Soojin’s waist, even though anyone could see that Moonbyul didn’t have the strength to sit up on a horse herself.

 

No, a Princess doesn’t have feelings, Shuhua berated herself. She tried to still the waves of discontent bubbling underneath the surface.

 

Cool, and calm, like a pond in a forest.

 

In front of her eyes, Moonbyul sagged in the saddle and Soojin immediately steadied her. Soojin’s hands on Moonbyul’s made Shuhua see red. She rode over to Soojin and glared at Moonbyul.

 

“If you’re hurt, you can ride with me so Soojin can fight freely for all of us,” Shuhua invented wildly.

 

Soojin looked at her before looking back at Moonbyul.

 

“It’s all right, Shuhua, I can handle her,” came Soojin’s reply.

 

Was it just Shuhua or was there a protective edge in Soojin’s voice?

 

“Shuhua, come, we can play a game to pass the time,” Yuqi quietly suggested.

 

Shuhua sighed and spurred her horse back to Yuqi.

 

“You doing all right?” Yuqi asked, glancing concernedly at Shuhua.

 

“I guess.”

 

“Well, on the bright side, it sounds like the Prince could be someone cool?”

 

Shuhua picked at the leather reins and nodded. Yuqi let the subject drop and they lapsed into silence again. The little moonlight that remained quickly disappeared. Shuhua looked up and saw the black thunderheads gathered above. Soon, a wild storm would start.

 

A branch cracked.

 

“Yah!” Yuqi jumped violently in the saddle.

 

Krystal and Soojin immediately rode forward to investigate, Amber and Moonbyul hanging on. Yuqi pulled her horse closer to Shuhua and reached for Shuhua’s hand. Shuhua gave her an encouraging smile.

 

“Yuqi, you’re older than me but such a scaredy-cat!”

 

Yuqi sniffed.

 

“I’m not scared! I was just surprised, that’s all. I’ve ridden through these forests a thousand times, what’s there to be scared of?”

 

Shuhua rolled her eyes.

 

“You’ve probably been out here once, for my birthday. Seriously! Stop exaggerating.”

 

Yuqi stuck out her tongue but didn’t let go of Shuhua’s hand. Soojin and Krystal reappeared through the trees.

 

“Probably an animal,” Krystal reported.

 

Shuhua nodded and averted her eyes from Soojin and Moonbyul. They seemed to be discussing attack formations if their party was ambushed. Moonbyul still had her arms around Soojin. Shuhua remembered how Soojin would push her away whenever she tried to hug her during their early days. It took two years for Soojin to feel comfortable with Shuhua’s touch, and another two before Soojin reached for her first. But now it seemed like Soojin was the one who held onto Moonbyul’s arms.

 

“So, how’re you and Minnie?” Shuhua asked Yuqi. Anything for a distraction.

 

Yuqi widened he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter