You Were Good To Me (ChaeLisa)

Songs About Us

https://youtu.be/ZGNt_UM5x-4

Lisa's POV

The line disconnected and that is when reality hit me. Tears escaped from my eyes after realizing that I just lost someone as precious as you. I don't know why I did what I have done but I'm really regretting hurting you. You've been nothing but good to me.

I was stupid. I was selfish. I ed up. I should have never let myself be tempted to go for that dare they told me. I...I'm really at lost with words.

Will she still give me another chance? That's what I keep asking myself. Five years went down the drain. And here I am standing outside their house drenched in the rain.

Been coming here for the past weeks and I know she knows that I was lurking around. I may sound like a creep but just seeing her even from the window is okay with me. I looked at my watch and saw it's already 11 in the evening. I don't even remember how long I was standing here. The lights on her window just turned off so I guess she's already sleeping. I stayed for five more minutes and suddenly I don't feel the rain pouring on me.

I looked up and saw her holding an umbrella, covering both of us. She didn't say anything but just grabbed me and we went inside the house.

She immediately gave me a towel to dry myself so I did. She then led me up her room where she gave me a change of clothes. She still kept some of the clothes I left and it gave me a bit of hope.

When I was done washing up, I went out of her bathroom and saw her sitting at the edge of her bed. Despite the dark circles under her eyes and poker expression, she still looks beautiful. How could I have hurt someone like you?

I sat down next to her and I could feel the heaviness of the atmosphere around us.

"Chaeng"

"Lisa"

We spoke at the same time and you beat me to usher me to speak first. Which I should really.

"I...just want you to know that I really am sorry. I know that I've been a jerk and to be honest, I don't deserve your forgiveness. I wasn't there when you needed me, I lied and I hurt you when I promised you I won't do those. I also want you to know that I love you Chaeng. I still do. You may not believe me but if you give me a chance I will do better. I would however, understand if that's something you can't give anymore"

I pause. Waiting for you to respond but for the next few seconds you didn't and I know now that this really is over.

"Uhm. Thank you for listening Chaeng. I g...guess I should go. You...take care, okay?" I said then got up. I was just about to go out of the room but then you spoke.

"I kept asking myself what I did wrong. If I was too demanding, if I was asking for too much, if I really wasn't enough. I already knew about you and her but I didn't say anything. Then when you couldn't come on my birthday, I said to myself that, that was the last straw. But the past weeks, I looked back on everything we've been through. Every good thing you did for me and I asked myself if the bad really outweighs the good? It does but it doesn't. I mean, if things are going well, why does one have to hurt the other person? But would one really take everything for granted just because of that mistake? I'm not perfect and so are you"

"Wh...what are you trying to say Chaeng?"

"I'm saying that I am willing to give us another chance"

I saw a smile form on her lips. Am I hearing this right?

"Oh Chaeng. I must have done something good in my past life to still be given this chance. I promise I won't mess up it" I said as I hug her and feeling her hug me back brought me back to the first time we got together. "I love you Chaeng!"

"And I love you more Lisa"

********************
A few months later, we exchanged our vows in front of our family and friends. And this time, I swear I'm different than before, I won't hurt you anymore.