The Moment I Knew (ChaeLisa)

Songs About Us

https://youtu.be/YCB340ZZ4yM

Rosè's POV

I find myself disgusted at my reflection. Bags under my eyes, mascara smudged and a clear evidence that I spent the last few hours before my birthday ends crying. I should be happy that I am still alive welcoming another year right? But why the am I slowly dying inside?

I should have seen this coming. You have been distant but I was blinded by my own feelings that I didn't notice yours has changed. The idea of being married to you was all I can think of, that the moment you got down on one knee and asked the question, I immediately said yes.

We looked so good together and everyone we know, knew that too. What I didn't know was you have something you're hiding. I think I already have an idea but I tried not to dwell on it because all I wanted was you. But I guess you didn't want me anymore.

I waited for you to arrive when you said you'd be there. You promised you'd be there. I put on that dress you like and even wore make up eventhough you tell me everytime that I don't need to. I still wanted to look my best.

Hours passed and I looked around but not a single sign of you was there. I kept my hopes up. Still hoping that at the very last second you'd come and greet me with that beautiful smile of yours, cause you tend to surprise me like that.

But now the wishes have been said, the song was already sung and the candles have been blown, but your presence is still unknown.

You called a day later and apologized for not being there. Said something came up and you had to deal with it. I understood your reasons but that was the moment I knew. We weren't really meant to be together so I said I'm sorry too.