Chapter 6

Un-lucky Romance

word count: 2000+

this will be his expression when he knew he was on trouble(?)

----

 

Kim Seol is patiently waiting outside their department, she may look calm but inside her brain she did thought how to kill Baekhyun in many ways she can. He embarrassed her earlier and walk out calmly as she didn’t want to cause a ruckus. “Baekhyun…once I saw you goes outside of the door, I’m going to get you for real!!” She says and kick a rock out of boredom and annoyance.

“I can’t believe that guy! I’m a girl but I can’t take that long on shower!!” Seol couldn’t really keep shut because of this annoying feelings that is creeping her and waiting for an half hour is not a big help, it’s just grows her anger. She just keep throwing small rock. “Hey Seol!! Let’s go home!” She inhales and run to him, “Ya, Baekhyun!! I’m going to kill you!!”

Baekhyun on the other hand is confuse, and smiles because his other team mate is here and open his arms thinking that it is another act of them. He hug her really tight “Ah! You miss me already?” He said while rubbing her hair, Kim Seol grab his hair harshly. He wince in pain and he keep rubbing her back real hard, “Let go Seol! My team mates is watching!” Baekhyun said slowly and like an idiot just to save their act, he keep smiling like there’s no war going on.

He let go of her hands on his hair and brushing it making sure that he still has it. “What is wrong with you?!” She glared at him, “What now?”

“I’m so caught off guard earlier! Next time say something!” Baekhyun smirks, “Did you fall on it? Already?”

“No! What do you think I am….excuse me, you are not my type!” Baekhyun slightly feel a pang of bitterness but as he knows his worth, “Then what it will be to me? You are also not my type!”

Together, they walk home with their never ending argument about any certain things. They just stood at each other in front of her house, “What Baekhyun? You want to say something?”

He keeps tapping his feet, “Do you have class tomorrow?” because he needs a date to bring in on the dinner because apparently his mom remembers what she said. “Yes I have class ends at three in the afternoon, so if you will summon me, I can’t promise to come right away.” He slightly felt guilty about that so, ”That’s why I’m asking you now right?”

“Can you just say it? It is already cold out.”

“Be my date.”

“It is now about your mom’s family dinner no? I knew it.” Kim Seol instantly comeback from her shock because Baekhyun look like he was serious for a moment. It was that asking-out expression! He finally roll his eyes and put his arms on chest, “you know what? I’m just asking you because I think you are curious and I really don’t care about date, I can just say that you are not interested and what? I’m not at fault, you are the one----“

She pressed her hands on his mouth, “Aish! You really have one way! Okay! I’m going! Now go home and shut up!” Baekhyun smiles and she really feel that movement behind on her hand. She immediately pulls out, “But like I said, tomorrow is my busy class. What are we going to do about it?”

“I’m going to practice a bit and wait for you. And also the dinner is out of this area, we need to drive out….”

“Why are you saying this to me now…..What I am going to say about my mom…”

And like a jinx, her mom just opens the gate with the trash, “Oh! Seol you are here already? Come in now the dinner is out warm already, Hi Baekhyun! Did you guys eat?” Seol greet her and took out the trash for her and when she get back, Baekhyun is already inside, his shoes is already sitting comfortably at the door step.

Although this was the first time he met her mother, he can feel that she is that kind of mom that cares, she welcome him warmly. She knows him as her friend’s son and it brings him to good mood when she tell that her mom really talk a lot about him and she was happy that Seol is his friend.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t know that you go home with her, she really didn’t like to tell…so this is just what I prepared, if you want anything you can just tell me huh?”

Baekhyun awkwardly says no, “It is alright ma’am! This is already enough…” Their table have various side dishes and big main dish…Her house is so warm, even with the sewing machine for clothes at the entrance. “I also want to say something for Seol.”

Kim Seol runs to him and pinch his thigh, He jumps and seol put the kimchi on his bowl, “Just eat!” She says panicking about what he will say.

“What about it Baekhyun?” Her mom ask about it anyways. She sighs, “Mom! Can we just eat first…”

“I want to bring her out tomorrow and the other day too.” Baekhyun confidently says and smile warmly. “I mean hanging out like a friend! My mom wants me to bring her…”

“Oh, it is okay! I needed to attend my seminar and I am worried that she will be alone, but you came instead…I just want to say I don’t want to have a grandchild…”

The two of get blush on their cheek at her remark. “Mom!!!” Kim Seol says and put a wrap on , “can we just eat in peace….”

Her mom laughs, “It was a joke! But I’m just saying!”

 

Friday comes, Kim Seol’s department was really out of it, they just saw the ace of University’s Ice hockey team seating on the student lounge. There are also some of the girls in line to get his sign. She scoff and walk, “Look like you are enjoying your mini fan signing event here huh?” she said while the last person get her autograph, “Well, I don’t want to appear rude you know. Are you ready to go?” 

“I have no choice in the first place.” She says and walk with him, “You are at it again, and do you want me to remind you again that you have a choice, but if you find it uncomfortable I can just drop you off on your house…”

“Let’s just go!”

“Why it does feels so force out….”

“I want to help you!”

And they went out of the town with the peace they didn’t know exist between them and it was really nice to have a long drive, that put her to sleep. Baekhyun smiles as she sleep comfortably. “This girl just sleep anywhere she wants.” With that thought he wondered how she can sleep like that, Sometimes he sneakily snatch a glance of her sleeping on the bench while he was in the rink.

While on the traffic in the highway, he notices scratches on her hands, that really get on his mind what she was doing with herself…it hit him differently and act like he cares. He is genuinely curious about her now and he was really out of it.

They are now seated beside each other waiting for their food to arrive and Kim Seol is in really on awkward situation because of his hand holding her hand placed in his thigh. He keeps rubbing his thumbs on it. “What are you doing……”Leaning down, she ask when her parent went out to help.

“What?” Baekhyun look up, he was also busy wondering about her hand, it put their situation on intimate situation and push his head with her index finger and pull out her other hands, “you are making me uncomfortable you know!”

“Why are you shouting at me again?!”

“Stop doing this to me…”

“I’m just curious…about your scars.” She shows her hand, “This is just from a dog? Nothing to be curious.”

“So what? It is scars...means it was a wound.” Baekhyun really didn’t think that it matters, for some girls they get to put care on their skin because having a scar means something. He don’t know why he cares but continuously act on it?

Before they can continue the argument his parents already at the table smiling at them, “I’m really glad that you are here Seol.” His mom said, “No problem…” she awkwardly say, really didn’t know how to response about that and eat her food.

“Baekhyun! Can you play with your cousin for a while? I’m just going to clean this.” His aunt said while they are seating at a swing. “Oh hi! What’s your name?” Seol greet the little boy on her knees. “Kim Seol you can just stand up…” He really can’t see her doing this, it doesn’t suit her. “He is shy, Baekhyun!” Seol smiles and rub the hair. She was guessing it is around five years old and He was so cute?

“Are you shy baby boy? You should tell her your name, she likes you.” Baekhyun encourage his little one, smiling at him. “You can do it.” It was an adorable sight for her, fortunately Baekhyun is also fond of child…Looking away she feel her forefinger being grab by, the cute boy walk with his little step towards her, “Joo won…My name is Joo won.”

“You have a beautiful name, My name is Kim Seol, can I carry you?” She carried him when he nodded, “You are so light! I could fly you on the sky you know?” The little boy in her arms laughs.

“Be careful on your step Seol!”

“He was adorable right?” Baekhyun ask her, together they watch the kid playing with other kids too. “Yes…you should watch him well, things can get sad when they grow up.”

Baekhyun watch her says that, the look she has on the kid is so mesmerizing that he feel like a seconds just stop. “Of…of course I will.” And he can’t believe he stutters. He frowns too when he saw her expression changes, “What?”

Kim Seol ran up without answering him, joo won just disappear on her watch  and walk where most of the kid gathered up. There she saw joo won in the pool. Helplessly.

That moment scares her but she need to do this, exhaling she ran inside at the pool to save him. As soon as she got a hold of him, the closest she can go is the deep part of the pool, lifting him up and move him in the ground. Baekhyun help him with a towel but she feels the cramp on her leg. It was really bad one that she couldn’t move at all. Soon enough her weight brings her at the bottom of the pool.

“Kim Seol?!” Baekhyun get back as soon as he put Joowon back on the house, but he saw no one and get in the pool and saw her in the ground.

Going in deeper, he got hold of her and lay her on the ground. “Seol? Are you okay?” tapping her shoulder and pump her middle chest for a moment of time. He was really worried that it worries his family too who is watching him panicking at the situation. He receive no response at all. “Seol please!” he keeps doing it and the only left thing to do is the CPR, Leaning down to her face to perform it properly.

But instead he just received a splash of water, coughing up all of the water that bothered her. The sight of Baekhyun shock her and slaps his face real hard, “What the hell Seol?!”

“What are you doing?!”

“I just saved you! And this is all I gained?”

Just like that, their bickering bought a huge relief and good laughs from the sight of them.

----

What are you going to do now Baekhyun? 

To be continued...

----

Hi!!! I now have plans to this story! with a few chapter on, we will come to an end of this story! Please anticipate them well!