003

(BxB) Love Auction
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]The Future[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]“Choi Jungchan, don’t run!” The kid named Jungchan didn’t listen to the warning but running with all his might into the house as soon as the car door is opened. “Geesh, this boy.”

“Daddy.” A boy voice heard. The one being called ‘daddy’ – the same person who gave warning earlier – turned to the boy.

“Yes, Hansolie?”

“I think we forgot to buy banana milk for papa.” Hansol said as he looked through the grocery bags in the back seat. The father and his sons – 8-years old twins – were just back from doing their grocery shopping.

“Oh. Hm, it’s okay. I will buy it later. Your papa can let that slide, it’s not for cooking.” Hansol nodded. The boy helped to carry the lighter bags while the rest was taken by the father. The two stepped into the house after that.

“You’re back, Seungcheol.” The male just came out from the room. “Hm? Where’s Chan?”

“That boy already stormed inside earlier. You didn’t see him, Jihoon?”

“No, I just came out from room.” Jihoon helped to take the bags from the boy and brought it to the kitchen. The boy and Seungcheol followed. “Did you get everything in the list, Hansolie?”

“Everything except for banana milk. We forgot, sorry.”

Jihoon nodded and patted the boy’s head. “It’s okay. That can be bought later. So, do you want to help cooking today?” Hansol nodded eagerly. Jihoon smiled. “Okay, son. Go change and wash your hand thoroughly then you can come to the kitchen. Tell Chan to get change as well.”

“Okay, papa.” Hansol smiled and then left to the upstairs. Jihoon went to arrange the stuff and Seungcheol helped.

“I need to attend an appointment with a client after lunch.” Seungcheol said.

“Will you be home late?”

Seungcheol shook his head. “Nah, it will be like an hour or two only, three at tops. It’s just an appointment to confirm the painting that the team had been acquired recently.” Seungcheol explained. Jihoon nodded.

It had been more than ten years since both of them finished their studies and started working. Seungcheol currently is working as a curator at the National Museum while Jihoon worked with Jaewook hyung at his art workshop. Many things had happened in these years, they got together as a couple, moving in together in the first year after their graduation and after that getting married. In few months after their marriage, they discovered that Jihoon is a carrier and already pregnant for two weeks. Thus later, they’re gifted with the twins, Choi Hansol and Choi Jungchan.

It still amused Jihoon at times to think that he had all this today. He never thought he would get married to Seungcheol. He would never imagine that he could give birth and yet he has the twins now. His life, maybe it looked great but not all the time. He had faced challenges, the relationship had ups and downs. The times when he was pregnant also was one of the hardest times. His mood-swings were not pretty and even though Seungcheol is such a gentle lover, he also had his limit. That same year, before he knew he’s pregnant, Jihoon was working as art designer in a company. When he’s pregnant, he had to leave his position as the company didn’t accept his condition. So, it’s also affected his mood during the pregnancy. It’s a luck of them that they really loved each other that they overcame those moments together.

The experience on raising the twins were also something unforgettable for both of them. Because Jihoon was unemployed that time, he had more time to focus on the twins. But being a man who never had experience in handling kids, he had a very hard time to take care of the twins. He got help from his families but still, it’s hard. Seungcheol couldn’t be at home most of time as he was doing double jobs in order to provide for the family. It was tough but eventually when the twins are two years old, the burden lessened a little and then Jihoon was offered to work at the art workshop. Jaewook had actually offered Jihoon since Jihoon wasn’t working but Jihoon didn’t want to burden the guy when he’s pregnant then couldn’t leave the kids when he gave birth, only after the kids are grown up a bit more he finally accepted the offer.

“What you will cook today?” Seungcheol’s sudden question pulled Jihoon back to the present. He looked at his husband.

“What do you want?”

Seungcheol smiled. “Anything you cook, I want.” Seungcheol grinned and gave a wink. Jihoon scoffed with unhelpful answer.

“Don’t complaint later.”

“Never.” Seungcheol said leaning for a kiss on the cheek. Jihoon nudged him away. Seungcheol just chuckled.

“Papa, I’m done.” Hansol appeared in the kitchen. Jihoon smiled at the sight of his son.

“Did you wash your hand?”

“Yes.” Hansol showed his hand, still damp.

“Okay, good boy. Let’s start cooking.” Jihoon said.

“Is daddy going to help too?” Hansol asked looking at Seungcheol. Seungcheol smiled.

“Yes.”

Jihoon didn’t say anything and just setting up the ingredients he needed while he’s thinking what to cook. The family of three started to work together, then later the youngest came down to join too.

 

 

“Huh? Jeonghan?” Jihoon tilted his head in question when he saw his husband’s best friend at his door. He just finished making his twins to take their afternoon nap. Even though they’re already eight, the twins still need their nap or else they will have hard time to sleep at night.

Jeonghan gave a light smile. “Can I crash here?”

“I don’t mind. Come in.” Jihoon said welcoming him. Jeonghan stepped inside.

“The twins?”

“They’re napping.” Jeonghan nodded. Jihoon let Jeonghan sat on the couch while he went to get some drinks for the other. He tried to think of any reason Jeonghan suddenly came unannounced. “Here.” Jihoon passed the glass of apple juice. Jeonghan thanked him. Jihoon sat beside him. “Are you okay?”

“I’m… fine. Sorry to suddenly come but I don’t know where to go.”

“Do you want me to call Seungcheol?”

“No, it’s okay. I know he has works, Joshua left earlier too.” Jihoon nodded.

Joshua worked at the same place as Seungcheol, in fact he worked there earlier than Seungcheol. When Seungcheol joined, they were placed in the same team until now. So, it’s given if Seungcheol had to work, Joshua will have too as well.

Over the years since the auction, Seungcheol and Jihoon weren’t the only one found each other through it. Jeonghan – whom Jihoon knew later that he’s the reason why and how Seungcheol saw Jihoon the first and second time – finally managed to get Joshua’s heart after pinning on him for some time. Their relationship was seriously a rollercoaster ride since their first date. Jeonghan made clear of his intention for Joshua since the date while Joshua didn’t think any possibility of him with a male. It was something that they needed to work out and also how Joshua didn’t even realize that he slowly enjoyed Jeonghan’s company. They were like unofficial couple but everyone knew they’re together.

When they graduated, Joshua moved somewhere else without saying anything to Jeonghan or even his own friends. He just disappeared like that. During that time was a hard time for Jeonghan, Jihoon witnessed it all as Jeonghan would always come to his best friend Seungcheol. There’s a time back then that Jihoon felt so uncomfortable and jealous to see them but slowly he began to accept that the two are just like brothers they rely on each other. It’s about five years of missing that Jihoon stumbled upon Joshua accidentally at the workshop. The meeting was accidental but a new beginning for Joshua and Jeonghan in the help of Jihoon and Seungcheol. They mended their relationship and later tied a knot.

“Jihoon.”

“Yes?” Jihoon gave his attention at the other male. They said nothing since earlier, Jihoon was waiting for Jeonghan to open up while Jeonghan didn’t know how to say his thought.

“How is it to have kids?” Jihoon blinked. He gave a thought for a while before answering Jeonghan.

“A bless and also a doom. Both at once, but it’s worth it. Kids are a blessing.” Jihoon said.

Jeonghan exhaled. “I’m scared.” Jihoon just stayed silent, wanted Jeonghan to finish first. “I think… I’m conceiving.” Jihoon blinked.

“Oh my. Have you done check-up? Congratulation, Jeonghan.” Jihoon said quickly before clamping his own mouth when he noticed Jeonghan looked sad. “I’m sorry I got excited. Are you okay?”

Jeonghan gave a light smile. “I’m okay. I didn’t go to see doctor yet but I used two pregnancy kits to confirm earlier.” Jeonghan exhaled. “I’m just scared… of the pregnancy. Even though I have known I’m a carrier my whole life, my doctor told me my chances to conceive is very low so I never think about this. I have seen you, my sister during their pregnancy and giving birth… I’m scared.”

Jihoon nodded understandingly. He reached Jeonghan’s hands to hold in his. “I know this fear. But you should think of the happy future, don’t you want to have little you or your husband running around in the house? A child to dote on, a child to raise, a child of your own? If the pregnancy isn’t going to harm your life, don’t be afraid. A child is a gift.” Jihoon said. Jeonghan looked at him. “First thing first, you should go for check-up. Tell Joshua too.”

“I don’t know what his reaction gonna be.”

“He will be livid. That guy always fight for my kids’ attention, don’t you remember?” Jeonghan smiled a bit remembering it. Jihoon patted the hand. “Don’t worry. You will be fine. Believe in yourself and your gift. I’m here for you, Seungcheol too.” Jeonghan nodded a bit.

“Thank you.”

“Any time.”

 

 

“Papa! Uncle Soonyoung came!” Chan hollered from the living room. Jihoon was preparing food in the kitchen. The twins were with two of Seungcheol’s co-workers who are closed with the Choi family. Seungcheol was nowhere to be seen.

“Hey, Seungkwan, Minhyuk.” Soonyoung greeted the two males who were blowing the balloons with Hansol. Seungkwan and Minhyuk just nodded at his greeting. Jihoon peeked from the kitchen.

“Soonyoung, great that you come. Can you help me here?” Jihoon said. Soonyoung turned to his best friend.

“Why you’re still preparing? I thought they will be come in one hour?” Soonyoung said while placing the cake he brought on the dining table before going into the kitchen. “What I can help?”

“I actually almost done with cooking but I need someone t

Please log in to read the full chapter