Chapter Two

Into The Right Places | Taehyung FF

"So, what does that Hyungsik guy wants from you?" Taehyung questioned me as he hands me my drinks. I took a glance at his face; stoned cold. I turned my gaze back at my food and get the drinks from Taehyung. "He wants me to help him with the subject" I explained. I took another glance at my best friend who is sitting across the table from me. "You don't like him, do you?"

"Yeah, I don't" He straightforwardly said. Taehyung is very straightforward with whatever he says. He always says what's on his mind without hesitating. Sometimes it makes me wonder whether he did it because he's with me or is it just his nature that he's very straightforward about things.

"Why though, Tae? Do you know him?"

He was quiet for a few moment before answering, "I just don't like him. He's not the type of person I want to associate with". He took a sip of his iced tea before putting it aside. The surrounding is filled with people talking, the song psycho is playing at the background. Everything is the same as usual; another day spends nicely with good lunch, and a best friend of mine.

The only change that I've been thinking about is that Taehyung seems like he really don't like Hyungsik. "But he looks like a good guy" He looked up at me and stares at my eyes for a few minutes. "But I don't like that he's trying to be all goody with you. He doesn't look trustworthy to me"

"Oh, is that why you don't like him?"

Taehyung puts a spoonful of rice into his mouth, chewing it without saying any words. "Oh are you ignoring me, Tata?"

"Why are you calling me Tata?"

"Well, I can call you whatever now that you've ignored me" I teased, chewing on the kimchi that is served in a small bowl. "Well, suits yourself. Tata sounds nice, anyway" He mumbled. "I don't think he will do anything bad though, Tae" I ruffled his hair, causing him to glare at me for doing so. I smile at my friend as we exchange eye contacts. He raised his hand towards my head and ruffled my hair. "Well, if anything happens, you know I'll always be here anyway, right?" He smiles.

"Of course!" I smile. "You're my second home" I took a bite of my food. "But I still don't like him, okay?" He picked up his spoon and stuffed another spoonful of rice into his mouth. I laughed at his determination. I never see Tae dislikes someone this badly before. It's very unfamiliar to me.

Well, if I have to rethink my past, no one ever asked for my number before. Most of my friends said to me that it was because the boys thought Taehyung looks intimidating due to his overly charming visual. And the fact that he's very, very close to me doesn't help the situation any better too. The way that he can literally scares any guy away with just his face is really amazing sometimes. I stare at my friend as I mumbled, "How can you have no girlfriend?"

He almost chokes on his food as he heard my question. He quickly takes his drink and took a sip to ease his throat. "How do you expect I have a girlfriend if we're always stuck with each other?" He wipes his mouth with the tissue.

"Everyone thought you're my girlfriend. They are intimidated with your visual so they don't even dare to come near" Tae explained. "They do?" I asked, perplexed. Tae slightly nodded his head, still eating.

"Is my visual really that pretty that they feel intimidated?"

"In my opinion, yeah" He answered without hesitation. I furrowed my eyebrows, still pretty perplexed with what I've heard. "Why didn't you explain things?" I questioned.

"Too lazy" He replied simply.

While I was thinking about it, my phone rings. Both Taehyung and I switched our gaze onto my phone that I put on the table. One new message has entered. "Who is it?" Taehyung questioned, his eyes are still fixed on the screen as he puts the kimchi into his mouth. I take my phone and unlocked it to find out about the sender and the message the person sent. On the messaging profile, it writes Hyungsik as the name. "Oh, it's Hyungsik" I told Taehyung.

He stares at me as I checked on the message Hyungsik just sent me. 'Hey! It's Hyungsik. Nice to be able to meet you' he wrote. An emoji later arrived after the message he sent earlier. I replied him back, 'Hello. Nice to meet you too' and put my phone away.

I looked at Taehyung who is staring at my face. "He just said he's glad to be able to meet me" I smile. "Don't worried too much" I put some kimchi into his rice bowl. "let's eat fast. The food is going to be cold"

"I swear I'm going to punch him if he dares to do anything else" he said, eating the kimchi that I just gave him.

--

"Hey, Pearl! You're in this class too?" I heard someone talked to me as Taehyung and I was about to enter the class. Taehyung and I turned our head to look at the owner of the voice. It's Hyungsik.

I quickly turned my sight back at Taehyung and back at Hyungsik. Taehyung doesn't look happy that Hyungsik talks to me while he is around me. "Oh, hey Hyungsik! Yeah, I'm in this class too with my best friend" I greeted back, awkward.

"Of course. This is a general subject" Taehyung mumbled under his breath, not even bothering to look at Hyungsik who is standing in front of us. His expression looks stone cold, he's emitting the cold aura and makes the surrounding looks extra awkward. I literally feel like I'm standing in the middle of winter.

"You're done talking with Pearl? We're going to grab seats", He looks at Hyungsik, not even cracking a smile. "Yeah.." Hyungsik replied.

"Let's go, Pearl" Tae said, cueing that the conversation stopped there. I followed after Taehyung and we went to grab the seats. As usual, Hyungsik is sitting at the back row, right behind us. I looked over at Taehyung who sits next to me. I wrote on an empty page on my notebook and pushed it towards him.

'Are you okay?' I wrote on the page. Taehyung took a glance at me before writing something down on the same page. He pushed it back towards me. 'Yeah. Just pissed', he wrote. Of course, Taehyung is not okay when he said he's pissed. To be honest, I've seen Taehyung pissed at some things, but never as pissed as now. My phone vibrates in my bag as I was staring at the notebook. I slowly took it out and checked my notification. A message from Hyungsik. I looked over my shoulder to see Hyungsik is smiling at me.

I viewed his message. 'Can you help me with the subject from before?'

'Sure. In the library is fine, right?'

'Sure. After class?' Hyungsik replied.

'Sure thing. See you after class' I replied and put my phone back into my bag. The class ended after two hours of what feels like an endless lecture. Taehyung stretched his body when the class is dismissed. "let's go home—" He said when suddenly his phone rings. He checked his phone and let out a sigh. "Is something wrong?"

"It's my part-time. One of the staff is absent due to an emergency so I have to cover for his shift," he turned his sight back at me. "I have to hurry there." He added.

"It's okay. You go ahead. I have to help Hyungsik with the subject, anyway" I told him. "You what?"

"Help Hyungsik with the subject," I repeated. "It's okay. Don't worry. We are going to be in the library. If anything comes up, I'll notify you" I smile to put his mind at ease. He lets out a deep sigh before giving in. "Make sure to text me when you're going home," He picked up his bag and stand up from his seat. "And when you've reached home!" He added. He ruffled my hair and walked out of the class.

"Silly", I smile as I packed my stuff into my bag and walked towards the library.

"Pearl!" I heard someone called my name as I entered the library. I could see Hyungsik is waving at me. I walked towards his direction and put my books on the table. "Sorry to keep you waiting"

"Don't worry about it. I didn't wait long" he smiles as he watches me pulling the chair to sit on. "Where's your friend?"

"Oh, you mean Taehyung?"

"Yeah, that guy" He fixed his eyes at me, his smile is still plastered across his face.

"Something came up so he has to go" I explained and looked at Hyungsik. His visual is very charming, I caught my heart beats a little. "Why are you staring at me like that?", he smiles. His question brings me back into my senses as I quickly look away. "No, I was just surprised at how good you look" I shyly explained.

"Well, not as good-looking as you do" He stated. It caught me off guard. "Shall we start studying?" I changed the subject as quickly as I could and took out the book as reference. It feels weird that he leaves such statement in our conversation, I found myself not used to it.

A few hours into our studying, Hyungsik suddenly asked something outside of the studying related. "Are you guys not dating?" He threw his question without giving me a glance.

"What do you mean?"

"You and your best friend? Are you guys not dating?" He asked again in a specific question. "Ah, you mean Tae. No, we're not dating but we do get that a lot" I laughed. "That's good to hear" He mumbled.

I stopped in whatever I was doing and look at Hyungsik. "What did you say?"

"It's a good thing that you guys are not dating. I thought I don't stand a chance," He stares right into my eyes. I feel like as if his gaze is looking directly into my soul. I tried laughing it off but he didn't laugh along. I was very perplexed as he is wearing a grave expression while I was trying to laugh my way out of this situation.

"Why do you say such things, Hyungsik?" I laughed awkwardly. "You have good sense of humour" I added. "I'm not joking, though" He said without hesitation. We exchanged glances without saying anything for a good few minutes. It was very quiet; I could feel the tension is creeping onto my skin.

There is it again. The butterflies I felt the other time. It's creeping in my stomach. "You're not joking?"

Hyungsik nodded his head. "I'm not joking. I do have interest in you"

I could feel my breath is caught up in my throat. All the words that are running in my head stuck in my throat. I was speechless, and I have no idea how to react to that. For the whole time I'm friend with Taehyung, this is the first time a guy has the nerve to give it a go despite how intimidating Taehyung looks.

"Ah, I see..." I softly muttered. Instead of staring at Hyungsik, I am staring at the table. I could hear Hyungsik chuckled in front of me. "I'm sorry for being straightforward about it. We just meet and I already confessed such thing. It must have caught you off guard" He smiles.

"Ah, it's okay" I muttered.

"I won't force you to give me the answer right away. But I hope you could consider it" He smiles at me, as if he's trying to ease my confusion. "Should we head home? I think that's enough studying for today" Hyungsik said when I didn't say anything back. I nodded my head in response and packed my stuff into my bag.

Hyungsik volunteered to send me home but I rejected it. I'm still trying to comprehend what had just happened, having him to walk me home will not help me to process what just happened. "It's dangerous to let you walk home alone. I'll drop you at your neighbourhood" he said again.

We ended up walking home together. As we reached my neighbourhood, I could see Taehyung standing at the end of my house's street. He seems to noticed us and is looking at us. "It's your friend" Hyungsik said as he saw Taehyung's tall figure standing as he stares at us. "Ah yeah, he's probably done with his work. I'll get going now" I excused myself from Hyungsik. Hyungsik smiles and nods his head.

I returned his smile and walk towards Taehyung. Taehyung is still staring at Hyungsik who is standing a few meters away from us. "Tae, you're done with work?" I hold his arm to distract him from staring at Hyungsik as if he's going to hunt him down. "Yeah, my shift is over so I go home early" He looked at me as he talks. His facial expression softens when he looks at me.

"Let's go home" He said as he stole a glance at Hyungsik before walking away. I tailed him from behind and gave Hyungsik a wave.

"Did something happen between you two?" Taehyung questioned. He stopped in his track and turned around to look at me. "Well," I hesitate as I play around with my fingers. I took a deep breath and exhaled.

"He confessed to me today"