Chapter Six

Into The Right Places | Taehyung FF

I could feel a slight wind brushes against my cheek. Slightly moving around on the comfortable fabric, I slowly open my eyes. My vision took a few seconds to finally focus on the television that was placed across me. The last time I remember is the tv was still on, but it's now shut down.

I could see my reflection on the surface of the electronic device. Taking another deep breath, I shifted around before finally sitting up. Stretching my arms while yawning, I caught a glimpse of a figure from the corner of my eyes, making me jump in my seat.

It's Taehyung sleeping by the edge of the couch, his arms crossed as his head leaned on it as replacement of a pillow. I looked around for my phone as I ran my hands around the sofa. It's 7.20 in the morning.

I didn't expect to be up this early as I slept late last night. Staring at Taehyung who is sleeping soundly near me, I was debating on whether I should wake him up for breakfast or not.

In the end, I decided to lean against the sofa and scroll through my social media. It won't be fun to take breakfast alone. An hour has passed since I was scrolling my phone, Taehyung started to move around, and slowly his eyes opened as I look at him.

"You're awake?" He asked in his husky voice. I nodded my head, putting my phone aside. "An hour ago, I was planning to get breakfast but it won't be fun to take it alone" I crossed my legs on the couch, my eyes are still glued on him.

He slowly sit up, stretching his arms.

"Am I your breakfast partner now?" He asked, leaning his cheek against the palm of his hand. "Of course! You're literally my partner in everything" I answered.

Taehyung is keeping his poker face as he stares at me, his expression is hard to read. I stare back at him and we locked gaze towards each other. "What is it now? Staring contest?" He questioned with his eyes are still on me.

"You started it first by staring at me like that so why not?"

He laughed. He stands up from his seat and folds the blanket neatly. "I didn't know sleeping like that made my body ache" he confessed. "You should have take my room upstairs last night. No one is using it anyway since I fell asleep here" I stood up from the couch, arranging the fluffy pillows nicely on the sofa.

"You asked me to sleep in your room while you were sleeping so defenceless here in the living room?" He crossed his arms as he look at me.

"Why not?"

"No," he shortly answered. "Never" he walked towards the kitchen, probably trying to get something to eat. "Are you hungry?"

"Yeah, I am" he started to take out the eggs that's stored nicely in the fridge, taking out the frying pan that my mom keep in the cabinet and started cooking the eggs he found.

"But you rarely eat breakfast, though" I made my way towards the dining table, sitting on the chair comfortably as I watched him cook from behind. He has well built body; not too muscular and not too thin. Basically, everyone that walks by him would stop for a while to just look at him. 

My best friend has the characteristic of that comic's hero. He even won the popularity votes that our school held every year. And of course, the other boys which are also our close friends took over the top 10 in the competition.

He didn't really know how to cook in the beginning but ever since Yoongi and Jin taught him how to, he slowly improves.

"What are you making?" I asked.

"Sandwiches with eggs. The usual breakfast," he replied, his eyes are still glued on the pan. "Our favourite" we both said it in unison. I chuckled. "I knew you would say that" I said in between chuckles, it's a bit hilarious that I could expect what he wants to say.

"Stop reading my mind!" He laughed, slightly losing his focus on the cooking eggs.

"Eggs! Eggs!" I pointed my finger at the eggs as I laughed, trying to tell him to keep his eyes on it before it become burnt.

"If its burnt, it's yours!"

"No way! I'm not taking the burnt one" I laughed even louder, slapping my hands against the table. "Hell nah! I'm not taking it too!" He laughs, his back slightly bend over for laughing too much.

We were arguing about who's gonna take the eggs if its burnt but thank god that the eggs ended up being cooked well. "I'm relieved that I don't have to gulp down a whole burnt egg this morning" I jokingly said as I laugh. "I might ended up having stomachache"

"Hey! I cooked it for you!" He puts the plate full with breads with jam and eggs in front of me.

"No, not a burnt egg" I laughed. "I should have burnt it and give it to you" He smiles, sitting down on the seat across me.

"Breakfast together is better than alone" he said before taking a bite of his bread, savouring every bits of it in his mouth. "It's good as usual" I complimented his food. He wiggled his eyebrows at me when he heard my compliment.

"We shouldn't laugh too much while eating or we'll choke", I said but it was too late. Taehyung was coughing and I have to run to get him a glass of water.

"Told you not to laugh too much" I teased, laughing at his face for chocking on his own food.

"It's your fault!" He laughed in between coughs. We proceed to take our breakfast, keeping in mind to not laugh while we are eating.

The day is good, the sky is blue and the sun is up in the sky, beaming its light at its best. The city is awake, as usual. I could hear noises that came from vehicles from the far end of my neighbourhood. "You have class today?" Taehyung asked me as he chews on the gummy bear candy that my mom bought for me few days ago. His eyes are fixed on the drama series that's playing on the tv.

"We do. We have general subject today, Tae" I mentioned the general subject for today's lecture. The professor is known as one of the strictest professors in the college we are studying. He's known for making all the students passed his exams due to his strict, yet functional teachings. Though he rarely smiles, he really care about his students.

"Ah! I almost forget!" His mouth is wide open as he looked at me, shocked. "You did the assignment last night!" I pointed at his laptop that's lying on the light brown coloured table.

"Ah, you're right!" He pointed at me, realizing a little bit too late. He puts another gummy bear candy into his mouth, shifting his eyes back at the television.

Shaking my head, I proceeded to my room to get ready. "Aren't you gonna get ready?" I shouted from upstairs, hoping he could hear me. And fortunate enough, he did.

"I'll wait until you're done!" He shouted back. In my head, I could bet that he didn't move his eyes away from the television even an inch. "Right", I mumbled under my breath as I made my way to my room.

Getting ready for me always take longer than half an hour. I probably even need an hour to actually finally to be done. My hair, my makeups, my outfits, my jewellery; I take everything into consideration.

Standing in front of the mirror; shifting from one outfit to another to just match it up until I feel satisfied and confident to go out. Wearing baggy pants, sleeveless shirt and knitted cardigan outside, I went to look at my makeup for the final time at the mirror before making my way downstairs.

"Tae! Come on, I'm done!" Walking towards the living room, I put my bag on the sofa in hurry and grabbed my water bottle. "I need to bring this", I mumbled to no one in particular, filling up the bottle that's in baby pink colour.

"Tae, come on! What are you waiting for?" I walked back into the living room again, staring at him who's already staring at me. Stopped in my track, I lifted my shoulders up, questioning his stare at me.

"I'll go get ready," he said after letting few minutes passed. "We'll go to my house and you wait at the living room as I get ready" he said, picking up his laptop and books before putting it into his bag.

"Tae," I moved in closer to him. "Why is your ears red? Are you sick?"

Hearing my comment, he quickly cupped his ears in his hands and looked at me. "I'm not sick, I'm fine. Let's go" he swing his bag on his shoulder and proceed out of the house in hurry.

"You're acting weird!" I shouted, grabbed my bag that was lying on the sofa and tailed after him after locking the door properly.

As I was waiting for Tae to be done, I walked around the quiet living room. Tae's parents have gone to work since early in the morning, leaving their house empty. At the corner of the room, a piano is placed.

Slowly walking towards the piano, I sit down on the chair and stares at the piano right in front of me. Dusting a little bit of the dust away with my hands, I slowly and softly ran my fingers through the keys.

Letting my fingers take control, I started playing Tae's song that he produced; Winter Bear. He may be taking Business but he's very talented in making music. Sometimes I couldn't understand why he doesn't want to pursue his career in music.

With the looks of his, without batting eyelashes, he could pass the audition if he goes to one. Playing his song key by key, I let myself to sink in the rhythm. Fully immersed in the music my ears are listening.

"When did you learn to play my song?" I could hear him walking down the stairs, soon after his well built figure visible to my eyes. He crossed his arms as he smiles at me. Wearing grey hoodie and a baggy grey pants, he looks good in it.

"I just did when I was bored" I let my hands fall to my side before standing up. Grabbing my bag and wearing it over my shoulder, I signalled Tae that we need to get going.

The moment I walked down the stairs, I could hear Pearl is playing my song with the piano. I stand on the stairs for a few minutes, letting the soft keynotes enter my ears. 'She plays well', I thought to myself.

It's so nice to know that she actually knows how to play it. Somewhere in my chest feels really ticklish. Though I would love to enjoy it, I have no choice but to approach her since we have class in schedule.

Asking her when she learned it, looking at her as I crossed my arms. Even though she said it pretty nonchalantly, it makes me happy inside that she took her time to actually learn how to play it. Something about it is making me beyond happy even if it's only the small thing.

"Let's go. We need to get going now" She said as she grabbed her bag, wearing it over her shoulder and walking out of the house. I took out my phone and silently capture a picture of her. 

She looks really pretty in that outfit, I couldn't help it but to take nice picture of her. Something that I want to keep, something that I want to remember. Her beauty, her charm, her face, literally everything about her. You could say that I'm pretty in love with my own best friend but too scared to be honest about it.

Looking at her figure that's standing in front of me, everything feel slow at the moment. At the very moment; as if the time has stopped, one thought has come to my mind.

You're so near, yet so far.