Chapter Four

Into The Right Places | Taehyung FF

My sleep was disturbed when my phone rings. Without even bother to look at the screen, I answered the call that was ringing next to my ear. “Hello?” I said lazily to the person at the other line. “I knew you haven’t woke up yet” The husky, deep voice speaks through the phone. I knew the moment the guy speaks, it’s Tae. I slightly move around in my bed, still covering myself with my comfortable blanket.

I could hear people’s voices outside of my windows, telling me that the sun is already up and my neighbourhood is awake. I let out a sigh before asking Tae his motive of calling me. “You’re still in your bed?” He questioned.

I sleepily replied yes. “Then, pardon me!” I could hear he speaks from the other line. A moment of silence filled our call, and the next thing I knew is there’s a knock on my bedroom door. “Wake up!” Tae speaks from the other side of the door. I grunted in laziness. I forget that he remembers the pass code to my house’s front door. He literally can barge into the house anytime he wants. He called my name when he heard nothing in response, leaving me with no choice but to sit up on my bed and open the door for him.

“Whoa! You shocked me!” He said as soon as he saw my face. “Go away” I mumbled under my breath and throw myself on the bed again, wrapping myself with the blanket. I could hear him sighing from aside. “Come on, you have to wake up now” He keep bugging me, trying to pull away the blanket from me. “Give me 5 more minutes”

“5 more minutes will always become 30 minutes in the end. Now, wake up” He tried pulling the blanket again and he succeeded. I grunted, burying my face into my pillows. I could hear his footsteps walks away from the bed side, and I could hear the curtains open afterwards. The bright sunlight beam its way into my room, blinding me with its light.

“I’ll prepare your favourite sandwiches for breakfast so you have to get up now”

I turned around, looking at him through my squinted eyes. “What are you? My babysitter?”

“If you want me to,” He scoffed. “Now, get up” he said as he walks out of my room, down the stairs and towards the kitchen. I let out a deep sigh and grab the towel that is hanging behind my door. Closing the door and locking it after, I forced myself to take a bath and get ready for class.

As I was drying my hair with the towel, my phone that is located on my makeup dresser rings. I leaned in to look at the notification and see a message from Hyungsik. Seeing Hyungsik’s name on my screen, reality kicks in. I quickly grab my phone to view the message that I’ve received.

‘Morning, love’ was written there. Somehow, seeing the text gives me mixed feelings, I feel weird as I’m not used to this kind of thing. It’s my first time, too. Staring at the screen, I have no idea how to reply to that. Debating in my head for several minutes, thinking whether I should reply the same and what should I call him or how should I address him. After taking minutes of thinking, I decided to just go for it. ‘Morning too’, I replied.

I left out the word love intentionally. I silently scream into my palm and took a deep breath afterwards. “I don’t know what to do about this whole dating stuff” I muttered to myself. The urge of wanting to hide at the corner of my room or under the table is strong. I coped up my mouth with my palms and screamed into it again. Thinking that this thing is crazy over and over in my head, I was wishing that it has cancel button on this dating stuff. Or at least, a tutorial on how to date.

I decided to pull myself together, grab my bag and went downstairs after checking upon myself on the mirror. I could see Taehyung at the kitchen counter, getting my breakfast ready. “There’s no salary for babysitting me” I commented as I slowly approach the dinner table. “I’m doing this voluntarily” He bluntly answered, bringing the pan he used to cook the egg towards the plate that is sitting in front of me on the table, placing the cooked egg onto it, right next to my sandwiches.

He prepared another one for him and he sat in front of me from across the table. “I even prepared a coffee for you without you asking for it” He said, picking up his sandwiches and took a big bite of it. “You should have done this to your girlfriend, if you finally have one” I said.

“As if, I’m not interested” He took a sip of his warm tea.

I rolled my eyes and chuckled. “Okay, whatever you say, flower boy” I teased. Another message came in when I was talking with Taehyung, it grabbed both of our attention at it. “Oh, it’s your boyfriend” Taehyung commented as he saw Hyungsik’s name on the screen.

I shut my eyes tight and took a deep breath. “I’m really not used to this thing” I honestly pointed out. Taehyung stares at me. For a moment, I could see him frowning but it lasts only for a while and a gentle smile plastered across his face. “You’ll be fine” He said. “As long as you’re happy, I’m happy” He added.

“Silly,” I smiled. “Come on, get your up from the chair. We need to go now. Time is running, silly” He picked up his plate and walks towards the sink, leaving me behind as I quickly finish my breakfast.

We went out of the house, waving at Tae’s parents as we passed by and down the street. The town is merry like usual, the city is full of busy cars on the road, people walking at the side roads. We ran as fast as we could towards the bus station in front as we saw a bus approaching. Quickly, we hopped into it. Sitting on the empty seats, both of us are trying to catch our breaths from running too much for the sake of not missing the bus.

“I wish I have abs this instant for running this much” I said in between breaths. “In your dreams”, Tae replied, still catching his breaths as well.

“I think I have the potential to be an athlete”

“In your dreams”, I replied as fast as I heard it. Hearing my answer, Tae rolled his eyes before smacking my arm with his hand. I grunted in slight pain before returning a hit back at his arm.

---

We walked towards the college ground, and I saw a familiar figure standing by the gate. Tae’s smile disappeared from his face as soon as his eyes landed on the guy who is now my boyfriend. He shifted his gaze on the ground before looking at me. “I guess I’ll go now. I’ll meet with Jimin and the others” He said before walking by Hyungsik, not even sparing a glance at him.

He could choose to tag along with both of us, but seeing him choosing to stay with the boys just shows how much he didn’t like Hyungsik. “Your friend not gonna stay with us?” Hyungsik questioned, his eyes followed Taehyung’s figure.

I shake my head. “He’s going to the boys” Hyungsik nodded his head, “Ah, your other friends?”

I nodded. Jimin and the others are my friends too since they are pretty close with Taehyung, as well. We ended up becoming friends. Dropping my shoulders at the thought of not having Taehyung around me, I tried to shrug it off. Hyungsik called me, waking me up from my thoughts and we walked towards the building together.

The first period is not a general subject, so neither Hyungsik or Taehyung will be in the same class as me. Quietly, I made my way into the class and took an empty seat. Few minutes passed, I could hear the chair next to me being pulled, and my girl friend sits on it. “Pearl!” The petite, slim figure called me. Her long, straight hair gracefully brushed over her shoulder.

“Rose!” I smile. She leans against the back of the chair and took a deep breath. Rose is well-known around the college ground for her friendly and outgoing personality and her pretty visual. But she’s the closest to me. Thinking about it made me really wonder what I’ve done in my past life to be surrounded with good-looking people with good hearts.

Rose was looking around as she heard murmurs that come from every corner of the room, turning her head at me after. “Is it true?” Rose asked, leaving the actual point behind her question behind. I tilted my head slightly to the side, not getting anything. Rose looked around again before leaning in, whispering her question into my ear.

“You and Hyungsik?”

My mouth is wide open at her question. It feels like I have something to say but lost as soon as it reached my throat. In the end, I slightly nodded my head, making Rose mouthed an ‘ah’ with without actually making the sound. Observing from how fast she knows even before I could tell her, I’ve expected most of the students know that, as well. After all, my boyfriend is not an average person. He has a lot of admirers for his good-looks.

I told everything that has happened to Rose, stopping when the professor entered the class. We both immediately took out our books from the bag, an extra notebook to jot down notes. I could hear Rose softly mumbled under her breath that it’s going to be a long boring class.

I couldn’t help but to slightly agree with her in my head. Even though the class is pretty boring, we both tried our best to pay attention to everything that the professor is saying. Probably the professor is in a good mood, she lets us to have fifteen minutes of break. Rose planted her face on the table as soon as the professor announced it to the class. “I’m tired”, Rose said lazily. She even complained that she’s starting to feel sleepy.

“We should wash our face. I’m starting to feel sleepy, too” I suggested, my eyelids are starting to feel heavy. I don’t want to get caught sleeping during the lecture, especially if it’s this class. I probably won’t get a good result on this subject if I do.

We both takes our wallet and phones with us as we exited the class. “That class feels long every single time”, Rose said as she stretched her body, her back starting to feel tired from sitting straight all the time. As we walked by some of the students, some of them are greeting Rose and I and some are just plainly staring at me, throwing daggers at my direction with their eyes.

“I bet they’re not happy about it but they can’t do anything because you’re really pretty” Rose spoke up; as if she noticed that they are giving me death glares. I wonder if I’m actually really pretty like they said, or is it that I failed to see myself as one as I found myself pretty average looking.

“What about Tae?” Rose shoot her curiosity at me. “What about Tae?” I repeated her question as a question towards her. She sighed and waves her hand, telling me to forget about it. “How is he doing?” She asked.

“He’s doing okay. He’s with the boys whenever Hyungsik is with me. He really dislikes him”

“I can see” Rose said. We entered the toilet and walk towards the sink, splashing the water onto our face. “I need to apply the makeup back” Rose said as she took the basic makeup from her skirt’s pocket. I was amazed at the fact that her skirt has hidden side pockets, and that she’s prettier without the makeup on.

“I’m not confident if I don’t wear the makeup”, she said when I complimented her beauty. Even though she didn’t find herself pretty without the makeup, I really admire her natural beauty.

We walked back towards our class and I bumped into Hyungsik on the hallway. Hyungsik smiles when he saw me. “Boring class?” He asked me. I stopped right in front of him and nodded my head. “Pretty boring. So we went to wash our face” I answered. He nods his head.

“What about your class? Has it ended?”

“Nope, ten minutes break. I’m going to wash my face too because I’m really sleepy” He looked back at the direction of his class and shifted it back at me. Now that I’m paying attention to us, he’s very tall when he stands next to me. Tae is almost the same tall as he is.

“Good luck on your class, love” He said, bringing me back into earth. He pats my head as he slightly leans in to look at my eyes. “See you after class” He smiles and walks away before I could say anything.

I was too stunned by what has happened, I forget that Rose was standing near me the whole time. I turned to look at Rose; who’s smiling at me so widely. “Campus lovebirds” She giggled at her own statement, finding it rather amusing. Telling her to stop as I was embarrassed, I repeatedly hit her arm.

“But I still ship you with Tae”, She muttered under her breath, not even repeating her words even after I asked her to. She walks fast paced towards the class, leaving me behind feeling dumbfounded. “What does that supposed to mean?” I pouted. I shrugged it off and walk towards the class.

---

“Finally class has ended!” Rose said in relieved, staring at the empty spaces in front of her. She lets out a sigh of relief. Rose complained a lot about how boring the class was and how much she was hoping the class would ends in a blink of an eye, but she still managed to nail her scores well. She’s really amazing most of the time.

She nudged my arm with her elbow when she saw Tae standing outside of the class. I quickly waved my hands at him, telling him to come inside. Tae slowly approached both of us, stopping right in front of my table. She greeted Rose as they both know each other through me for some quite time. “Are you going home with your boyfriend?” Taehyung asked, not an ounce of hesitation in his voice.

Telling him that Hyungsik will be meeting me after class, I continue to pack my things into my bag. “Ah, I see” He said, shoving his hands into his pockets. I stopped when I saw him did that. Depending on the situation, most of the time he would shoves his hands into the pockets if he’s upset about things. But he wouldn’t be vocal about it. “I’ll come over to your house for dinner” I said quickly.

He stares at me. Whenever he did that, I found myself having hard time enduring the stares that he gave since he has good looks. He didn’t say anything for a while before finally giving in. “Alright, you’ve promised that” he said. I nodded my head, smiling at him. Amidst the quiet surrounding, suddenly loud voices slowly approaching our class from afar and soon after the boys came up to us.

“Yo, Pearl!” One of them; Namjoon, greeted me from afar, lifting his hand in the air to wave at me. I waved back at him. “Oh, Rose is here too!” Jimin said when he saw Rose looking at them, her phone still in her hand. Rose greeted them back happily, high-fiving them all. “What are you doing here, Baekhyun?” She asked when her eyes landed on him.

“Chanyeol has something to do so I’m tagging along with these boys here” His square smile feels like it has brighten the whole classroom. Baekhyun shifted his gaze from Rose to me, asking me the same question that I’ve expected all along; connecting all the boys along the way as they all fixed their gaze at me.

I nodded my head, making them to response in unison. Baekhyun slightly glances at Taehyung before talking to me again. “If anything happens, we are here for you especially Taehyung” He shoves his hands into the pocket of his oversized hoodie. “We better get going” Taehyung said, pushing the boys towards the door of the class. “I’ll see you at home” Tae said before exiting the class with the others.

Not long after that, I received a text from him, telling me to take care. Rose suddenly rose up from her seat, putting the strap of her bag over her shoulder when she saw Hyungsik at the door. “I’ll see you soon. I have to go now” She nudged her shoulder at mine, letting me know the existence of Hyungsik at the door. She waved me goodbye before exiting through the door.

Approaching Hyungsik, I wave my hand at him. “How’s class?” He asked, patting me on the head right after I’m within his reach. “Boring”, I replied bluntly, making him laugh. He suggested that we get something to eat as he’s hungry from all the brain power that he has used in class. I chuckled at it, agreeing to grab something to eat.

“Something light, okay?” I asked, refusing to eat heavy foods since I’m coming over to Tae’s house for dinner. “Sure, sure” He laughed.

---

“Tae!” Someone called me from behind, stopping me in my track. I turned around to see Rose is approaching me. “Oh, hey Rose” I greeted her. She turned her head towards the college’s building before looking back at me. “How did that happened?”

Even though her question is not specific and she’s leaving the important points, unexpectedly I get what her question is about. “Things happened” I answered. I shoved my hands into my pockets; thinking about it somehow upsets me, still. “Did you just get your heart broken?” She asked, walking towards the college’s gate. I followed her steps and starts walking. “Probably” I mumbled, staring at the space in front of me.

“You know how much I ship you with Pearl? It kinda makes me sad that my ship is not sailing”, she confessed. “You do? Since when?”

“Long ago when I meet you and Pearl”

“But, that’s not what important,” I furrowed my eyebrows. “How did you know I like Pearl?”

She smiles at me, raising her eyebrows up and down. “You’re easy to read. I bet the boys noticed it, too” She said, looking at the boys who are walking in front of us. They are really loud most of the time, but they make the surrounding better, especially at times like this. Around them, I could forget for a while about things that I’m upset about myself, and things that are occupying my head.

I smile at her reply. We didn’t say anything after that, only admiring our surrounding and the sounds that came from around us. “I hope things will go well for you, too” She said as we stopped at an intersection of the road. She waved at us goodbye, walking towards the opposite direction from us. “I hope things go well for me, too” I softly mumbled under my breath.

---

p.s: Another chapter is done! Although it’s long and boring, I hope you guys enjoy the chapter. I’m so sorry and thank you!