Only look At Me : Chapter 1: Thats the guy in my dream.

Only look At Me.

 

Min Ra’s POV:

“Only if you don’t hurt my feelings” he replied to me. I was shocked but I didn’t move. I pulled back and so did he. He touched my face. “promise?” he asked softly. I smiled and nodded. “pinkie promise?” I said. He laughed at my childishness and took my pinkie back. I laughed back and looked at the watch. “OH MY GODD! WE’RE FREAKING LATE!” I shouted. I grabbed his hand and drag him outside. We ran downstairs, saw my parents. “OMMA, APPA!, I’m going to school! BYE!!!” I said as I ran towards the door. “Bye Mr and Ms Park!” Taeyang oppa managed to say before we sprint outside. We ran to the school as fast as we could. When we reached it, everybody was relaxed, only walking. We’re the only one running. We stopped to catch our breath. “Huff....puff....why...huff...is...puff...everyone walking? You...huff....said it was...puff already late..” oppa breathing heavily. We caught our breaths and I looked at the watch and it was only 6.15 a.m. the class starts at 7.35 am. My eyes widened. “what? Why?” he asked. I showed him my watch and he complained. “oops, i guess we’re early today.” I said. “AIGOOO!” he shouted. “SORRY!” I spoke. “you better run.” He threatened. “oh come on! I just ran from my house!” I moaned. He chuckled “I’m kidding, come on. Let’s take a walk in the garden first.” “okay.” I agreed. Just when we were about to walk, my stomach grumbled in hunger. Oppa burst into laughter. I was so embarrassed by the loud sound. “you didn’t eat your breakfast right?” his voice teasing. I just smiled. Then he took his bag and pull out two huge crispy doughnuts. “DOUGHNUTS!” I said happily. He laughed at my expression and gave me one. “I brought extra just in case your big stomach is dying of starvation” he teased as he gave me one of them. “Oppa, thank you! Oh My God!! THANK YOU! So so much.”I jumped happily. “come on, we’ll eat at our tree.” He offered.

We sat down under a big cherry blossom tree which I loved so much. “GOOD MORNING CHERRY BLOSSOM!” I said cheerfully. Taeyang oppa laughed and we sat down. We talked randomly about life, love, music etc. Then he asked me one question that sent shiver down my spine. It was “Min ra, do you like anyone now?”. I coughed immediately due to shock. He gave me his bottle of water and I drank it. “What?!” I managed to choke out. “I mean, do you have somebody....right now?” he asked again. I shook my head. Then he smiled and it was big like it was gonna reach his ear. I laughed at him but confused too. I ignored him. We finished our doughnuts and went to class.

It was really a long time to end. I’ve been thinking why oppa acted like that all morning. And as usual, when dismissal time started, Jessica came to me. She sighed. “Somebody still doesn’t get it. I hate when people can be so stubborn!” she gawked at me. I ignored her. “What’s the matter Min ra? Cat got your tongue?” she teased. “No, apparently, a witch does.” I said with great sarcasm. Her face turned red. “What did you just said to me ?” her tone full with anger. They were closing and surrounded me in, they were gonna attack me again! But suddenly, the window above my seat opened and a voice spoke. “Having problem ladies?” I looked up and saw Taeyang oppa leaning against the window, eyeing us. “Oppa...” I managed to meek. “Hi, Min Ra.” He said relaxed. “Are you guys bullying her?” his face turned to Jessica and the others. “No...We’re, we’re not.” She lied. “Then may I excuse her? She needs to go with me.” He asked politely. Jessica nodded in embarrassment. “Oppa...” I said but he jumped into the class, took my hand and pulls me outside. We were outside the gates in just a second. He turned to face me. “You’re safe from the witches now.” He said. I laughed. “How long have you been there?” I questioned him. “As long as I want.” He winked. “Come on, let’s go.” We made our way to my dance class since its Friday. “Oppa, one thing though.” I said while we’re on our way there. “What?” he asked back. “It’s just that...I really feel sorry for your soon-to-be-girl. I mean, your fans at school might bully her every day!” I said in horror. His body tensed and our walk stopped. “That would be impossible. Because I’ll never let anyone or anything hurt the one I love. Ever.” He said while looking seriously at me. I look at it for a while and turned away, ashamed. Our walk was suddenly quiet. The dance class was awesome; we learned to dance to the song Britney Spears – 3. My dance improved and the guys complimented my duet with oppa, they said we were the sickest dancer in the room. Our charisma is all over! I blushed but I’m proud. “Stretch...to the left now...to the centre...and bow.” Dan said as we’re done. I grabbed my water and drank it thirstily. “Whoa, slow down there.” Oppa said with sarcasm. I smiled and pack up my things. “Dan! We’re goin’!” I said as we walk to the door. “Okay, see ya tomorrow then Min!” as usual, his funny nick he gave me. He gave the nickname “SOL” to Taeyang.

“So..., are you up for a drink?” he asked. “Umm...yeah, sure. Since tomorrow is a day out, I really need to go and take a drink.” I replied. “But...can I go home and shower first? My whole body is sweating like hell and I really don’t feel comfortable.” My disgusted tone as out. He chuckled at me. “Of course, your highness.” He said with a British slang and bowed as if he was confronting the Queen. I laughed and pushed him on the side.

We arrived at my house not long after that and I jog happily to my room followed by my ever so loyal oppa..[really..hehe, he follows me everywhere.] He quietly sat down on my bed while waited for me to change. I was in the closet fixing my makeup, putting on my t-shirt with a leather jacket, let my hair down and went outside. He smiled at me, stands up and came closer to me. I felt my body tensed when he was really close, my heart beats faster than usual. He reached out one hand and I jerked back automatically. He paused for a minute but then continue to touch me, I didn’t realize when he brushed my shoulder. I looked at it and didn’t say anything, “there’s a spider on your shoulder so I brushed it off” he said. My eyes widened when I see the huge black spider on the floor and automatically move closer to him. He understands that I have major problems with spiders so he took one of my magazines and let the spider climb up on it. Just as I taught he was gonna throw the spider away, which he should be doing, but instead, he held it in front of my eyes that I scream out loud like a maniac while he was laughing like a crazy old man who just lost his damn mind! I closed my eyes and continued screaming. “GET THAT THING OFF OF MY FACE!! THROW IT!” I shouted again and again, and finally, when I opened my eyes, he was gone. I turned around and round looking for him but he was nowhere to be seen. Then something grabbed my shoulder, I began to scream again but I was being pulled down to my bed and found oppa on top of me begging me to shut my mouth up. I shut my mouth up and he sighed in relief.

 

I felt so mad that i felt my face getting hot. “WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING? YOU KNEW THAT I’M FREAKING AFRAID OF SPIDERS!” i shouted, “I’m sorry, i’m sorry” he tried unsuccessfully not to laugh. I pushed him by his chest but instead of him going back, he fell down on top of me. We were silent for a minute, but i tried to jerk away. But then, he whispered “No, don’t move.” I was speechless. He was carefully trying not to put so much weight on me. “Just stay like this for a while.” He continued. Weirdly enough, i wanted the moment to stop and be like this forever. We didn’t move for a while and i figured that he was asleep, but then his voice surprised me. “Min Ra-aa..” he called. “Ye...Yes?” I managed to choke. “I wanted to ask you something..” his voice gentle as ever. I just kept quiet. “Do...do you like me?” His question sent a jolt of shock to my soul. Apparently, I do like him, hell, I really, really do like him. Without hesitation, i stammered “Yes...” I could feel his warm breath of laughter at the side of my neck. But he kept quiet. I decided to ask him. “Do you?” It took him a while. “No” he finally answered. I felt hurt. Automatically, I pushed him away from me and tried to walk out. But he quickly grabs me back and pulled me back to him and putting his arms around me. “Wait...” he said. I just kept my gaze down. “Don’t go.” He whispered. “I said, I don’t like you....” he repeated. “Yeah, I got that the first time...Look...there’s no need for...” “But I love you.” He continued. My mouth shuts up automatically. I was speechless, lost in his words..”Min Ra?” he asked. Then he lift his body and looked straight to my face. My face felt so hot that i could only stare at him. “can you at least say something...anything? so that I can know that I haven’t shocked you to your death?” he pleads. “...I...I don’t know.” I stammered. He chuckled. “Min ra-aa, I have always loved you..it’s just now only I have the guts to say it.” “oppa...”i could feel my eyes flooding..

We stared at each other’s eyes for a while. And only then, i realized that he was closing in the space between us and came to the conclusion of that, he was gonna kiss me. Suddenly my mom shouted “MIN RA AAA, THERES A CALL FOR YOU!” Both of us jumped and started to sit up. I hurried downstairs and answered the phone.

“Hello?” I said. But the phone was instantly hung up. “huh, Wonder who could that be.” I said, say my goodbyes to omma and appa, and went out of the house with Oppa. It was seriously freezing. I shivered in coldness and oppa saw me. “Cold huh?” he said. “just my hands” I answered. The he took my hand and put it inside his pocket. I was embarrassed at first but got use to it after a while. I would never want to let him go.

At the ‘Starbucks’:

We went inside and i chose the table while Taeyang oppa ordering a couple of hot Frappuchino. I was goin to wash my hands when my head bumped into someone and his coffee splashed to his clothes. “Oh my gosh! I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to....” my voice got stuck when I saw his face. It was him. The guy who was in my dream. The guy whose name I believed was Kwon Jiyong. I just stared at him and he stared at me. “Miss? Miss?” while waving his hands in front of my face. “huh?” i said. “I said It’s okay, seriously.” And smiled at me. He was definitely cute. “Oh, but your shirt...” I said while looking down at the coffee stained shirt. “It’ll dry off.” he answered back while brushing it. Then he looked up and said “Hi. I’m...” he was cut off by Taeyang oppa. “Min Ra, are you okay?” he asked. “yeah, I’m fine.” But his eyes was looking straight to the-guy-who-I-bumped-into eyes. “We should go” I said quickly as I realized what they were about to start. “Yeah, we should.” Oppa said with a very cold voice. I nudged him and he turned around. I faced the other guy and said “Umm, sorry about’ your shirt. Here.” I hand him my cobalt blue handkerchief. He took it and I started to turn but he caught my wrist. “Hey, what’s your name?” I smiled and said “Min Ra, Park Min Ra.” And finally he let go of me and oppa and I walked out.

 

He was quiet all the way. I got fed up and said “oppa...” but he didn’t reply. “Yah! Taeyang oppa!” and he looked at me. “What is wrong with you?!” i got mad. “Nothing” he replied.  I then stormed off from him but he quickly catch up. “Hey, Hey, Hey..” he said trying to stop me, I faced him and he said “look, I’m sorry, I just...don’t like him being close to you like that, let alone the way he looked at you.” I sighed. “Oppa, he’s just a guy who I bumped into. That’s all. So stop being a jerk.” I snapped. Then, I saw hurt flashed his eyes. He looked away. I quickly regret the things I said and tangled my fingers with his. He holds me back but didn’t say anything. So I decided to talk to him. “Oppa, please, don’t be mad.” I felt him relaxed a little bit and finally turn to face me. He put his free hand on my cheeks. “Min Ra, I love you, and I can’t afford to lose you. Ever.” he said with very intense voice. I felt tears fill my eyes and it started to pour off my cheek. Without thinking, my body reacts and I closed the space between us. He hugged me tightly while my tears soaked his jacket. When I relaxed, I only know one word to say “Oppa, Saranghae.” And his grip tightened around me...