Only look At Me : Chapter 1: I'll protect you

Only look At Me.

 Chapter 1:  Park Min Ra’s POV:

I was feeling very obnoxious and frightened by the sight of no sunlight, only curtains covering the windows with newspapers covering the remaining opened ones. I was curious of what’s going on, feeling that my body is tense and ready to react to what will hurt me. My animal instinct is arousing. For that moment, I felt like a cat that was facing a deadly predator and worst of all, facing its death. There was no sound anywhere near me, but then, something I felt something warm against my ripped shirt, being in contact with my shoulder skin. Without thinking, my body swayed, about to hit whoever that touched me. However, it stopped me to see a guy, blocking my attack. I was panicked so I started to run but he was holding me back, and apparently didn’t want to let me go by putting his arms around my waist. I was screaming for help, but then, he put his hand on my mouth, making my head slammed against his chest and my back in contact with his body. I was crying, thinking that I’ll be dead. But then, I heard a whisper, his whisper. It was very close; it took a moment to realize what he said to me. Then I heard it. “Shhh, don’t cry, I’m not going to hurt you, and I never will.” He said. I began to relax, and his arms are loosening up. “It’s okay, don’t be afraid”.

Then I grabbed his arm and he let go. I faced him and I see his face clearly now. He looked like a boy, but slightly taller, about 19 to 21 years old. His eyes met mine, and it was teary. He smiled faintly, as if he was glad to see me again. It was strange because I’ve never met him but somehow, I knew him, and he knew me. “Who...Who are you? And, where the hell are we?” I choked. His gaze didn’t fell from mine, but his expression changed from a smile to a frown. “You...don’t remember me?”He replied in disappointment. “I’m afraid not. I’ve never seen you.” I said, feeling a little bad for him. “Min Ra-aa...”He said while looking away. My eyes widened. “I’m asking you one more time. WHO ARE YOU AND HOW DID YOU KNOW MY NAME?!” I snapped back. Then, he stands up and held my shoulder. “Look at me...” he said, almost pleading. “You really don’t know me?”. “No...I really don’t. I’m sorry but...it’s really hard to explain.” I answered. He looked at me, hoping for signs of recognitions. “I’m sorry...I...sorry.” Then he dropped his hands and smirked. “Look, I don’t know you but...I keep on feeling that I do know you. I know it sounds crazy but...it’s the truth...and I don’t lie...I never did.” I said without hesitation. He continues to face the wall in front without saying any word. After several moments, I became impatient and touch his shoulder and confront him. He looked at me suspiciously. Then with my lack of embarrassment, I encircled my thumbs and finger to my each my cheek, making them look puffy and pucker my lips. At first he stared at me like I’m a complete idiot, but then he burst out into laughter. He was still laughing when I asked him to stop. In the end, I couldn’t help but join the laugh. “That’s right, you should laugh like that more often or else you’ll look like my grandfather like this.” I said while imitating my grandfather’s expression full of wrinkles. He chuckled and I just smile. Suddenly, he faced me. “Do that again.” He asked. “What? This?” I said while imitating my grandfather again. He laughed. “No, the first one.” He said. So, I do the fish-like-face again. “Close your eyes” he said again. I hesitated but I ignore it and carry on. After a moment, his hands are holding mine, taking it away from my face. “What are you...”I got interrupted by something. There was something soft touching my lips...and I realized it’s his lips. My eyes widened. I couldn’t think straight. However, my hands are moving involuntarily and place itself around him and even to my surprise, I kissed him back. Then I realized that I didn’t even know his name so I pulled away. “I...I’m sorry...” I said as I look down in embarrassment. “Don’t be.” He said while touching my face.

“Can...Can I at least know your name?” I asked, hoping for him to answer. He was quiet for a moment. “It’s Jiyong, Kwon Jiyong.”

I could hear the clock alarm ringing, more like playing because it always consists of music. Today it’s “2NE1- Fire” tomorrow and the following days, it will change continuously depending on my mood. As usual, got up and completed the 2 routines.

There’s always a routine for everyone. Even for me. That is:

1. Wake up early in the morning to make breakfast for family.

2. Take a shower; pick up anything suitable for school.

3. Go to school and try to concentrate even though what the teachers are mostly saying are crap.

Oh yeah, not to mention

4. Work after school at some music store or go to dance class every Friday to Sunday.

And

5. Go to sleep to prevent any panda eyes except for some days, especially exam week.



Went straight out after saying my goodbyes to omma and appa, put on my earphones and listen to the songs I adored. I reached school, greet almost every teacher that I saw, and head to my-usually-boring class.

As I sat down, someone hugged me from behind. It startled me but I couldn’t speak, instead, it came out only as a silent shriek. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to startle you!” a familiar voice spoke. I turned around and saw Tae Yang, my best friend...more of and oppa actually. He’s 21 years old, a senior, white, average in height, boyish face which makes girls go head over heels for him, smart and he always have this small cute eyes which makes him look even cuter. I met him when I was 9 years old and he was 15 back then. He saved me from the bullies and from that moment, he’s always there for me. “Min Ra??” he asked. I didn’t respond because I’m too busy gliding down my memory. “YAH, MIN RA!” he shouted at my ear. “HUH, what happened??” I shriek in shock. “Are you okay?” he asked me. “Uh..Yeah, I’m fine.” I answered back while taking my books out of my bag. “Then why didn’t you answer me??” he gawked. I look at him. “Mianhae, Taeyang oppa.” I pleaded. He chuckled and pinched my cheek. “Aigoo.” He said, I heard a lot of whispers at the back. I ignored them. “Ouch!” I complained as I rubbed my cheek. “Shouldn’t you be in class?!” I shouted. “I’m staying here with you. My class is damn boring.” He replied with no worries. “GO NOW!” I snapped back. He looked at me with puppy eyes. I looked away knowing that I’ll lose for sure and then push him to the door. “OKAY, OKAY! I’ll go, but you have to promise to go with me to the movies this afternoon.” He said with a smile. “FINE, I’ll go, just be gone!” I said to him as I saw the teacher came in. “MIN RA! GET BACK IN THE CLASS OR YOU’LL GET DETENTION!” teacher Ji En said to me as she saw me pushing Taeyang oppa towards the door. “YES MA’AM!” I replied. “GET THE HELL OUTTA HERE!” I hissed at him angrily. He nodded and walk to his class. I made my way back and sat down awkwardly as I knew the “TAEYANG’S FANS” glared at me with vicious eyes as if they wanted to kill me right that instant. I tried not to look at their eyes for the rest of the day. I heard them insulting me like “What’s her speciality? She’s not even pretty.” Or “Who the did she think she is to flirt around with our Taeyang, moreover called him ‘oppa’”.


**RRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG*

As the last bell rang, I started to pack my things. Suddenly, a loud STOMP just banged on my table. I looked up and saw Jessica; the president of “TAEYANG FAN CLUB” smacked her hands on my table. “Can I help you?” I said politely. “Stop that fake politeness. Listen here, Taeyang oppa IS MINE! Understand?! So back off!” she shouted. I just stared at her blankly. “YAH, I said, do you understand?!” she said. I just laughed and got up. “That’s funny, I can’t seem to find your name anywhere on him, So, goodbye!” I said as I made my way to the door but she pulled my pony tail hair so hard that it hurts. I shrieked in pain but she just laughed at me mercilessly. She and her friends threw me to the wall which causes my back to make a crack sound. I lied down on the floor, not being able to get up. As they approach me, someone open the classroom’s door. They all look back and gasp. “What do you guys think you’re doing?” a voice said at the door said. “Taeyang oppa, we were just trying to help Min Ra here get up, she...she fell down.” Another voice, Jessica, said. There’s a footstep coming towards me. “Min Ra-aa, are you okay?” he asked as he gently put his arms around me. “I’m...I’m fine.” I lied. “You’re lying.” He replied when he heard my voice. I got up with his help and started walking to the door. He caught up with me and put his arms around me for support. He took me to the park nearby and we sat down.

“Tell me what happened.” His voice was composed. “Just like she said, I fell down. You know how clumsy I could be.” I smiled at him half-heartedly. “I don’t believe that.” He stated. “They’re trying to hurt you right? Tell me the truth Min Ra.” I just nodded. He got up quickly “Those bastards!” he cursed as he tried to get back to the school but he stopped as I grabbed his hands. He looked at me. “Please...Don’t.” I pleaded. His angry face relaxed and he came to sit down beside me again. He put his hands on my back and I winced in pain. He quickly tried to look at my back but I resist. “Min Ra, let me have a look.” He asked. “I’d rather you not.” I snapped back. He hesitated for a minute but then nodded, not convinced. “Oppa, I’m not gonna die, I’m fine, really.” I said while touching his cheek. His face was smooth again and he smiled. “So, what movie are we gonna watch?” I said with excitement. He chuckled. “Twilight” he replied. “Okay..........” my voice surprised. Then we went there and watch it.

I reached my house, “OMMA! APPA! I’M HOME!” I shouted as I got in. “WELCOME HOME” they both greet me. “Did you eat?” Omma asked me. “Yes, I did with Taeyang oppa.” I replied. “I’m going to bed.” I stated because I really am tired. They nodded so I went up to my room. I bathed and put on my pyjamas and lay down on my sweet comfortable bed. “HELLO BED, I MISSED YOU” I said and laughed at myself. Then I’m good as dead automatically.

It was all happening again, for the third time I think, I had the same dream. The same house, the same events happening and even the same guy. Kwon Jiyong.

Something was shaking me while I’m asleep. “Min Ra-aa” he said repeatedly, trying to wake me up. Then I opened my eyes and saw Taeyang’s face close to mine. I screamed and got up quickly. It was so quick that I hit my head with his. Both of us whined in pain. “What the hell are you doing here oppa?!” I screamed. “You’re late for school.” He replied. “OH NO!!” I ran to my wardrobe and pull out my uniform. I quickly ed my pyjamas and it dropped on the floor. Suddenly, I heard a gasp of surprise in the back. Then I realized that I had stripped down to my inner clothes in front of Seung Ri oppa. I turned back and screamed. “GET THE HELL OUTTA HERE!” I shouted as I kicked him out. I was so embarrassed that I feel like killing myself.


Taeyang’s POV:

Am I dreaming? She....just stripped in front of me. And I saw the whole thing...I grinned in satisfaction then I realized what I was thinking. “You Idiot!” I said as I smacked my own head. But then, there was something on purplish on her back. What was that? Then I can feel my eyes widened as I realized what that was. It must be a bruise she got yesterday when they knocked her to the wall. Without thinking, I barged into her room. “Oppa...” she said in surprised when I walk in. She was in the middle of combing her hair and stooped immediately when I came in. I took her hand and she stands up in shock. “Oppa, what the hell do you think you’re....” she trailed off and stopped when I turned her back to face me and I lifted her uniform shirt and saw the bruise. It looked awful. My jaw clenched in anger. I feel like I’m going to kill Jessica and whoever help her did this to Min Ra. “Oppa?” she asked in hesitation. I let her go and she faced me instantly. “Why didn’t you tell me ‘bout that?” My voice was even. She kept quiet, not knowing how to answer. “You should have told me that they’re bullying you!” I raised my voice. “Damn those girls...when I get to school I am going to...” “NO!” she cut me off. “Don’t you ever dare to even think about hurting them!” her voice sounded angry. “Why are you still defending them? They hurt you! Look at that bruise on your back! If I don’t confront with this, I don’t know...” “SHUT UP!” she shouted. “You’ll never understand how they felt about you! They love you, yet you’re just giving your attention to me. It’s not right. You should treat them well too. They are your fan club.” She continued. I was too frustrated to say anything. I looked away from her. Then her palm reaches for my cheek. “Don’t worry, I’m fine. You worry for me too much” her voice was soft now. My mind felt relaxed. I looked at her and saw her smile. I do worry about her too much. It’s because I love her, since the day I met her, I have loved her, and only her.

Then her body shifted and she hugged me. I hugged her back. Her head was beside mine. “Oppa?” she asked. “Hmm?” I replied, too comfortable leaning on her. “Will you promise me?” she continued. “promise you what?” I asked her back. “Promise me that you’ll never hurt their feelings.” She whispered. “Only if you don’t hurt my feelings.” I said back.