Chapter 3

The Boy

Today was Tuesday, that meant school again. Waking up, she went straight to the bathroom and got ready for school. After done getting ready, she walked out of her room and stepped into the dining room to get a breakfast.

“Morning.” She greeted while taking a slice of bread on the table, and she was ready to go.

“Heejin” Her mother stopped her from walking out. “You need to go with Luhan, He’s going the same direction as you tho. He is new here. Tour him around while going to school, will you?”

She slowly shifted her eyes towards him. She just realized he was sitting there at the table having the breakfast.

“That’s okay, aunty. I know the way to work already.” He stated, smiling at her mother.

“No, you should go with her. You haven’t known the surrounding yet.” Her mother insisted.

“I can find my....” His words was stopped by her.

“Oh, come on. Are you going to keep bickering now? I am going to be late for sure.” She said angrily, walking out of the house and leaving luhan behind.

She was so mad at her mother for insisting the idea. She hadn’t had a single conversation with him since the dinner, now she need to walk with him together.

“That’s ridiculous.” She muttered.

“What is ridiculous?”

She stopped and looked behind. She didn’t know that he was following her. She stared at him up and down.

He eyed her questionably, waiting for an answer.

“Nothing.” She answered plainly.

They began to walk in silence. Starting a conversation was a lot harder than it looked. She hated the awkwardness.

She cleared and told him, “This street is Lavender street. If you turn left at that intersection, you will find a park there. The park is always crowded with people excercising, playing football, etc on weekends.”

“ Where do you work by the way?” She asked nonchalantly.

She pretended not to know it. Well, he never mentioned meeting her during dinner, so she assumed he didn't remember her. She just wanted to start a conversation and that’s why she asked the question.

“Seriously?” He stated with a smirk on his face. “We met at the cafe yesterday, didn’t we?”

She stopped on her tracks. Her chest tightened. The air turned strangely hot. She gazed at him wondering. “So, you... remember..” She said, trembled.

He stared at her for a moment and started laughing. His eyes turned crescent. he was laughing so hard he had to hold his stomach.

“Why are you laughing?” She squinted, puzzled.

He stopped and tried hard not to laugh again. “Yah! You should look at your face before. You looked as if you saw a ghost.” He said, still giggling.

She felt heat rise to her face, she covered some part of her face with her hands and strode away, leaving him behind. She couldn’t believe the boy. Sometimes, he acted cool, polite, friendly and now he annoyed her to the edge.

“Hey, wait!” He ran after her.

“Look at me!” He placed his hands on her shoulder and turned her around.

She looked at him in the eyes. He hold her still. “Tell me what you did to me at the cafe!”

Her body trembled. No one had ever remembered being tricked by her, but he realized it. She didn’t mean to hurt him or steal his mind.

“I didn’t do anything.” She looked away from him.

“Liar! I know what you did!” He glared nastily.

She was at a loss for words. She turned silent.

“Tell me. Are u not going to answer me?” He asked impatiently.

“Later. I will answer you later. After school, I promise.” She kept her head down. She didn’t dare to look at him.

He let out his breath. “You make me feel like a bad guy. Fine, Go to school now. You are going to be late.” He softened, patting her on the shoulder.

She looked up at him, puzzled. Without a second thought, she walked away from him.