Prolog

The Boy

On June 8th, 2015

She showed her mother a new collection of dresses on the magazine. She wanted that blue summer dress on the cover magazine so bad, but her mother didn’t seem to bother it. She acted playful and showed her puppy eyes to her mother. I really wanted that dress, mom. Amazingly, they went shopping and bought that summer dress later on. She still didn’t know her power at the moment.

 

On June 15th, 2015

She had a crush on a boy. He was kai, the kingka at her school. He was cool, smart, and handsome. He never seemed to talk with a girl, he was always seen chatting with his own circle.

One day, she had lunch at the cafetaria and kai sat with his group not far from her table. She looked at him dreamily. The moment their eyes met, she smiled at him and thought something in her mind. Oh Kai, What’s your number?. Kai zoned out for a moment and he seemed out of his mind. Then, Kai walked to her, everything went silent, everyone watched him curiously.

He sat next to her and write down something on a paper. Then, he gave the paper to her and she looked at it. It was a number. His phone number.

 

On June 25th, 2015

Her parents had a big argument in front of her. their screaming was like nails scratching glass window. She was crying while watching them. She slammed her hands to her ears, hoping to tune them out. It was too loud. She went dizzy.

It hurt. Stop, stop, please stop it!.

Then, just like a radio being turned off, everything went silent. No shouting, no screaming, none at all. She looked at them with tears rolling down her face. Her parents were standing there, looking at each other with the hurt look plastered on their face. Their faces showed anger, yet they did nothing.

That was how she finally acknowledged her power. Since then she used her power recklessly and stole some secrets whenever she wanted to.