Chapter 4

The Boy

She went to school lifelessly. Seeing the school gate in front of her made her more upset. Students seemed to walk on the hallway chatting happily. She watched them, feeling remorse. She knew some of them. Scracth that, she even knew some of their secrets while taking over their minds.

Now, when she was already caught in the act and luhan gave her those nasty look to her, she regretted it. She regretted tricking innocent people. She felt disgusted at herself. If all of them knew what she did to them, they would hate her for sure.

She stood in the door and zoned out for a moment until someone tapped her on the shoulder.

“Heejin? Why are you.. uh.. standing here?”

She looked at the person, whom stood beside her.

That was Kyungsoo, the nerd in her class. They had been in the same class for 2 years. She barely noticed him until they got in the same group for a class project. She had crept her way in his mind and knew one thing that he had a crush on her. Since then, she avoided him at any cost. If he knew she was the one, who made him like a fool in front of class and cheated on his class project, he would definitely loathe her so much.

“Are you.. okay? You look so pale.” He said shyly while pushing his glasses up his nose.

“Uh, I’m fine. Thanks though.”

She walked inside and sat down in her usual seat in the back.

She glanced at her seatmate whom got busy texting on her phone. Her name was Yuri. Yuri was quite popular amongs the boys, that’s why she befriended her and tricked her to sit next to each other. She wasn’t close enough with the girl. No, in fact she wasn’t close with everyone in the school. To her, they were just like a game where she would play ilegally here and there. Eventhough, she knew their minds, they would always seem like a stranger to her. If she needed to list down her victims, that would be endless for sure.

She sighed,looking out the window. She just hoped they would forgive her actions someday.

“Heejin” Yuri shaked her and showed her phone to her. “See, right? I told you! Chanyeol has a crush on me. He asked me to go out with him tonight.”

Heejin nearly rolled her eyes. That chanyeol guy, from the basketball team, was indeed a player. She once entered his mind while he tried to make a move on her at the cafetaria. She was sure only girls that ran on his mind. He dated girls and broke up wit them after 2 weeks.

“Just so you know, He is a player.” Heejin stated.

Yuri didn’t seem to listen to her. She was too happy with the thought of going out with him. Actually, Heejin could use her power to make yuri not going with him tonight, but heejin didn’t want to get involved in her love story. Yuri looked so happy nonetheless.

The teacher walked in and started the class. The day dragged as the teacher went on and on about the lesson.