Chapter 6

The Boy

She walked a step away from the cafe, but the sky suddenly turned as black as the devil’s soul. She looked up at the sky,  the beautiful cocktail-blue shade was beginning to darken into gravel-grey. Then, she heard it, the thunder cried out from the blackened sky. Without waiting for the coming rainfall, she hurried back to the cafe.

With a heavy sigh, she walked inside the cafe and decided to wait there until the rain stopped. Both luhan and his co-worker stared at her with unreadable eyes.

“As much as you don’t want to see me, I don’t have a choice but staying here and having a cup of hot chocolate.” She stated nonchalantly while putting the money on the counter table.

“oh wow, so greasy!! You are very welcome here babe.” His co-worker said, winking at her.

She rolled her eyes at him. Luhan didn’t seem to mind her words though as he inputed her order on the screen and gave her the change. She was hoping to get a talk with him again, but it seemed useless. He looked so distant to her.

Walking to her usual table near the window, she looked outside and took out a pair of earphones from her bag. She put her head on the table and closed her eyes, enjoying the music. She didn’t realized how long she closed her eyes until luhan tapped her on the shoulder.

“Your drink. It might get cold if you don’t drink it now.”

She looked up at him groggily and then took off the earpiece. Rubbing her eyes, she took the cup near her lips and drank the liquid.

“Don’t you think your parents will look for you?” He asked, taking the seat in front of her.

She really wanted to ignore him like how he did to her, but she better not to mess up with his mood though.

“I have grown up already.” She stated shortly.

He looked at her in disbelief.  

“Why? Are you worried about me now?” She squinted, smirking.                                                 

“In your dreams, kiddo.” He standed up to go back to work, but turned to face her again. “You can wait for me if you want to go home together.”

She looked at him skeptical. He was strange. He walked into her life in a couple of days, but he already knew her secret. Sometimes, he showed her, his anger, his smile,  his little affection, but none of them showed his true color. She didn’t get him at all.

“Are you enjoying the view?”

She looked behind her, raising her left eyebrow at him. It was him, luhan’s co-worker.

“What’s your name, babe? Btw, I am oh sehun.” He said, sitting on the seat that luhan had sat before with a smile plastered on his face.

“Well, Oh Sehun. One, You aren’t my babe. And two, I am not interested in talking with you.” She snapped.

He looked shocked at first, but then, his face melted and laughed his head off. “Be easy, girl. I know you are more interested with luhan, eventhough I have this charming face that attracts every girl attention.” He giggled.

She rolled her eyes at him, feeling annoyed. “I am not interested with luhan either.” She stated, as a matter of fact.

His laugh then turned to be a smug and playful smile. His eyes showed his mischievous. Everything about this guy just screamed bad to her.

“If you say so then.” He said and left her witth a smug face on him.

She sent daggers at him. If look could kill someone, she already killed him in the first place. He was the most annoying person she had ever met. She couldn’t believe she had met such a person.

She looked out of the window with a complete sigh. The rain didn't seem to stop.