Chapter 7

The Boy

By the time Luhan ended his work, the rain had stopped falling, then they began to walk along the sidewalk to go home. The road, that night, was dark and downright wet. Some water droplets even falling from the tree.

"How long have you been manipulating people?" He asked her, eyes full of curiosity.

She stopped on her tracks, looking at him in the eyes. Her face showed how annoyed she was.

"Am I that bad for you to say it that way?"

"Oh come on! Just be honest with me." He rolled his eyes with impatience, not buying her words.

His words stabbed her in the heart. She knew she wasn't innocent, but she didn't want to admit it herself. Walking ahead, she tried to ignore him.

"Listen, I have been through with it. You will regret it now or later if you don’t stop." He continued, following her footsteps behind.

That word again. Regret. She couldn’t believe that luhan was indeed a dense. She just didn’t want to talk about the topic but he always brought it up.

With a heavy sigh, she turned around. "I am so sorry okay. I already regret it the moment you confronted me in the face! Can't you just quit talking about it?"

Luhan turned silent. He didn’t think she would be that angry. "Well, that's good. I just care about you, okay?" He stated nonchalantly.

"What happened to you? You also manipulated people, didn't you?" She stated, eyes challenging.

He frowned with eyes staring her down. A black aura seemed to engulf him but she didn't want to step back either. "Why? Are you mad at me now for asking it?"

They stared at each other for a moment with so much hatred. Just like a staring contest, No one wanted to blink or look away until he said his next statement.

"Yes, I did manipulate someone until she died because of me." He glared. 

Time stopped for a moment and everything moved so slow. She looked at him, shocked, lost and worried. She already guessed he could manipulate people but she never thought it would be that bad. She was at a loss for words. Swallowing hard, she just kept quiet until he brushed past her and they walked home separately.